New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush. (http://blackandgold.com/saints/22014-2010-keep-cut-reggie-bush.html)

lumm0x 10-30-2009 08:54 PM

Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.
 
Bush is a luxury player, not a necessity. If we can afford all the players we want to keep and can afford him as well then I don't mind him being a Saint. His pay needs to reflect his performance a little more though. If someone else wants to overpay for him then they are welcome to him though.

Saint_LB 10-31-2009 06:03 AM

Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumm0x (Post 173972)
If someone else wants to overpay for him then they are welcome to him though.

Careful what you wish for...

If you guys think that Reggie is going to take a pay-cut to stay with the Saints, well...give me some of what you're smoking.

It's not a Reggie thing, though. I am assuming that 99.9% of NFL players will "take the money" when it is shown to them. If their present owner is dangling a Citizen's, they're going to go with the guy holding out the Rolex...and I can't say that I blame them. It is a game, afterall, and in the beginning the object is to win. I'm speculating that once you become a pro and become a bread-winner, the object of the game may change somewhat.

saintsfan1976 10-31-2009 07:16 AM

Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumm0x (Post 173972)
Bush is a luxury player, not a necessity. If we can afford all the players we want to keep and can afford him as well then I don't mind him being a Saint. His pay needs to reflect his performance a little more though. If someone else wants to overpay for him then they are welcome to him though.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but Bush's contract is 12.1 million this year and 13.5 million next year. Not to mention the 1.5 mill in potential incentives. Hmmmm....:hallucinate:

The team would save 6.5 in a release or trade.

Kind of reminds me of the twilight of Joe Horn's career as a Saint.

foreverfan 10-31-2009 05:15 PM

Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint_LB (Post 173985)
It is a game, afterall, and in the beginning the object is to win. I'm speculating that once you become a pro and become a bread-winner, the object of the game may change somewhat.

Bread winner... now there's a concept.

Happy Halloween All!

http://www.cottontailstudios.com/gallery/bmS01.jpg

homerj07 10-31-2009 08:50 PM

Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.
 
Wait - If he does win MVP lets talk then.

jeanpierre 11-01-2009 07:15 AM

Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.
 
He's got to be moved to a slot back/wide receiver position to get the value for his salary...

As of now, the stats do not justify the salary...

But I'd like to know how much effort opposing defenses are accounting for him allowing teammates to gain success...

bobad 11-01-2009 08:05 AM

Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.
 
There's a lot of remarks about how good Reggie is "in space", but I
think there's a case to be made that Pierre is actually our best
receiving RB.

I like Reggie getting screens, swing passes, and dump offs, but don't
like him getting longer passes. He missed a couple last week that any
of our WR's would have caught. He hasn't learned how to "body up" and
out-muscle the defenders like true receivers do.

Danno 11-01-2009 08:46 AM

Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobad (Post 174067)
There's a lot of remarks about how good Reggie is "in space", but I
think there's a case to be made that Pierre is actually our best
receiving RB.

I like Reggie getting screens, swing passes, and dump offs, but don't
like him getting longer passes. He missed a couple last week that any
of our WR's would have caught. He hasn't learned how to "body up" and
out-muscle the defenders like true receivers do.

I think Reggie's main problem last week was not coming back for the ball. If you turn, and the ball is late, you have to come back for it or the CB will catch up. He didn't agressively come back to the ball. The CB broke two of them up like that.

I used to think PT was our best RB, then Bell, then Bush.

I now think Bell has taken a small lead over PT.

SmashMouth 11-01-2009 10:10 AM

Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 (Post 173986)
Not sure if this has been said yet, but Bush's contract is 12.1 million this year and 13.5 million next year. Not to mention the 1.5 mill in potential incentives. Hmmmm....:hallucinate:

The team would save 6.5 in a release or trade.

Kind of reminds me of the twilight of Joe Horn's career as a Saint.

not really worth it is it?

foreverfan 11-02-2009 10:13 AM

Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 (Post 173986)
Not sure if this has been said yet, but Bush's contract is 12.1 million this year and 13.5 million next year. Not to mention the 1.5 mill in potential incentives. Hmmmm....:hallucinate:

The team would save 6.5 in a release or trade.

Kind of reminds me of the twilight of Joe Horn's career as a Saint.

http://blogs.sltrib.com/movies/uploa...cut-729536.gif


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com