Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

David Thomas

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Lets talk about this guy for a bit. He's not one of those flashy TE's but man he played a huge role in our success last year. I really hope we re-sign him. He made 1st downs when they counted ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 2,781
Blog Entries: 1
David Thomas

Lets talk about this guy for a bit. He's not one of those flashy TE's but man he played a huge role in our success last year. I really hope we re-sign him. He made 1st downs when they counted and I thought blocked really well. I think he even played a little FB.

What are your thoughts?
B_Dub_Saint is online now  
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 03-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: David Thomas

I won't lose sleep either way. He's probably the 8th option in our offense when we throw, behind Colston, Henderson, Meachem, Moore, Shockey, Bush, Thomas. Given the status of Billy Miller's achilles and Shockey's propensity to get injured yearly, I would put it past the Saints to bring him back at the right price. $750K to $800K next year tops.
stockman311 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: David Thomas

Originally Posted by stockman311 View Post
I won't lose sleep either way. He's probably the 8th option in our offense when we throw, behind Colston, Henderson, Meachem, Moore, Shockey, Bush, Thomas. Given the status of Billy Miller's achilles and Shockey's propensity to get injured yearly, I would put it past the Saints to bring him back at the right price. $750K to $800K next year tops.
Im glad your not the GM...lol..Thomas was money bro..
strato is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: David Thomas

I'm sure you'd pay him millions to keep him. I like to operate in this little place called the "real world". I said I'd like to keep Thomas at the right price. Do you even read my posts?
stockman311 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: David Thomas

hmmmm...yes i do and i would say 1.5 million wouldnt be bad for Thomas..he was key for us in many games...i guess you would have to watch them though..
strato is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: David Thomas

I watched every minute of every game this year. And if you'd pay David Thomas rougly $100K less than Pierre Thomas is going to make this year, then you are either high on something or just like thinking about real dollars in monopoly dollars terms. Good, let's pay everyone on the team $10MM a year!! It's not your money, why would you care?
stockman311 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
Longtime WhoDat
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 442
Re: David Thomas

I think Dave "Wendys" Thomas was an integral part of our offense. His versatility alone (receiving TE, Blocker, H-Back) warrants the Saints extending his contract; which I believe they will do. Is he a threat deep down the middle of the field (like Shockey is)? NO. Does he provide good value? YES. Can he stay healthy (unlike Shockey)? YES. Will he be re-signed? YES.
the-commish is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: David Thomas

Originally Posted by stockman311 View Post
I watched every minute of every game this year. And if you'd pay David Thomas rougly $100K less than Pierre Thomas is going to make this year, then you are either high on something or just like thinking about real dollars in monopoly dollars terms. Good, let's pay everyone on the team $10MM a year!! It's not your money, why would you care?
Can you read 1.5 million and 10 are pretty far from close...i dont see why you even posted in this...really..
strato is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: David Thomas

Originally Posted by the-commish View Post
I think Dave "Wendys" Thomas was an integral part of our offense. His versatility alone (receiving TE, Blocker, H-Back) warrants the Saints extending his contract; which I believe they will do. Is he a threat deep down the middle of the field (like Shockey is)? NO. Does he provide good value? YES. Can he stay healthy (unlike Shockey)? YES. Will he be re-signed? YES.
He provides good value at the right price. Totally agree. That price is not $1.5 MM next year. Sorry.
stockman311 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #10
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,388
Re: David Thomas

I like the guy a lot, although in our offense the second tight end looks good pretty often.

It seems like this type of player- (the Millers, that guy from Yale, even Dinkins) does well in our system
ScottF is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/25512-david-thomas.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest David Thomas News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-05-2010 08:48 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts