Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Im calling it

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Thanks wrath! Calling the bookie today to place the money on the Panthers. Whooohooo......

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 08:55 AM   #11
Cake or Death?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,484
Thanks wrath! Calling the bookie today to place the money on the Panthers. Whooohooo...
exile is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 12-31-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 232
We have some delusional Saints fans ... NO WAY IN HELL do the kitties pull this upset. It ain't happening --- I don't care if ATL plays there worst and CAR plays there best --- it just isn't realistic. I can appreciate people saying "You heard it here first" so that if it were to happen they could come back and sound like a GENIUS, but it is NOT going to happen.

And when it doesn't happen -- Most people will quickly just forget this post ... I probably will as well, but let's be honest ... We're traveling to St. Louis or SEA next week.
C17-BING is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,447
Originally Posted by C17-BING View Post
We have some disillusioned Saints fans ... NO WAY IN HELL do the kitties pull this upset. It ain't happening --- I don't care if ATL plays there worst and CAR plays there best --- it just isn't realistic. I can appreciate people saying "You heard it here first" so that if it were to happen they could come back and sound like a GENIUS, but it is NOT going to happen.

And when it doesn't happen -- Most people will quickly just forget this post ... I probably will as well, but let's be honest ... We're traveling to St. Louis or SEA next week.

Well anything can happen. We only beat Carolina by 2 in the dome, and two weeks ago the Panthers beat Arizona, who kicked our friggin teeth in.

I'd say they have a 1 in 5 shot. Keep it a conservative low scoring game, and hope ATL coughs it up a few times.

I wouldn't mind Jon Beason knocking Matt the f*** out either.
Danno is online now  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:07 AM   #14
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 30 miles from Paradis
Posts: 602
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by C17-BING View Post
We have some disillusioned Saints fans ... NO WAY IN HELL do the kitties pull this upset. It ain't happening --- I don't care if ATL plays there worst and CAR plays there best --- it just isn't realistic. I can appreciate people saying "You heard it here first" so that if it were to happen they could come back and sound like a GENIUS, but it is NOT going to happen.

And when it doesn't happen -- Most people will quickly just forget this post ... I probably will as well, but let's be honest ... We're traveling to St. Louis or SEA next week.
The word you're searching for is "delusional". Disillusioned is pretty much the opposite.
CashAndFlash is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:11 AM   #15
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,287
It's the NFL, anything can happen. Who picked the viqueens to beat the eaglets the other night with a rookie QB starting?
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:14 AM   #16
The Professor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lithonia, GA
Posts: 1,471
That call is against all realistic odds. But I'm not sure that it matters that very much.

Even from the #5 slot it looks like the Saints will have exactly one cold weather game, against the Chicago Bears. That should be an interesting matchup for a lot of reasons. Almost all are in comparison to the 2006 NFC Championship game:

1) The Bears are no longer a run first team.

2) The Saints can, and with Payton finally learning, will run the ball no matter what. And with PT23 and Ivory available, along with the occasional Bush and possibly Jones carry, will have the ability to pull it off.

3) This is not Fred Thomas in the defensive backfield. Porter, Grier, Harper, Jenkins, Sharper, Robinson, and even Torrence are probably the most formidable defensive backfield in the NFC playoffs.

4) The Bears O-line can be had. I can see another Giants type game for the Saints front 7, especially with the defensive backfield just discussed.

Given all of these points, the Saints going to Chicago and laying it on the Bears is a pretty good bet.

Now let's look at the other side of the equation. Who do you think is the best team out of Atlanta, Philly, and most likely Green Bay? Right now, I'd take the Packers. They won't be the least bit bothered going into Philly and have a superior defense and offense that can score. They've already seen the Falcons and won't make the same mistakes. So I can definitely see them coming out of that group.

Note that neither Seattle nor St. Louis can compete with any of the other 5 teams that are in. No more discussion necessary.

Where does that leave us? My bold prediction:

Packers vs. Saints in the Superdome for the NFC championship!

SFIAH

The Saints have been to playoffs 4 of the last 5 years and a own a SB championship.

I can hardly believe this happened in my lifetime.
SaintFanInATLHELL is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shreveport, LA
Posts: 4,110
Any given Sunday...
Srgt. Hulka is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:32 AM   #18
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,628
One thing we did by beating Atl at home is make them want to come out and show they are still the team to beat. Unfortunate news for Carolina. I hope John Fox throws everything they have at ATL, if they run the ball well and keep their Quarterback from having to make a play, Atl has a off day (post Saint hangover), maybe we get lucky. We lost our last three going into the playoffs last year, hopefully Atl loses their last two. Stranger things have happened.
Mardigras9 is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:33 AM   #19
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 232
Originally Posted by CashAndFlash View Post
The word you're searching for is "delusional". Disillusioned is pretty much the opposite.
HA HA HA ... Thanks Cash ... It's early still
C17-BING is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:36 AM   #20
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 232
Originally Posted by SaintFanInATLHELL View Post
That call is against all realistic odds. But I'm not sure that it matters that very much.

Even from the #5 slot it looks like the Saints will have exactly one cold weather game, against the Chicago Bears. That should be an interesting matchup for a lot of reasons. Almost all are in comparison to the 2006 NFC Championship game:

1) The Bears are no longer a run first team.

2) The Saints can, and with Payton finally learning, will run the ball no matter what. And with PT23 and Ivory available, along with the occasional Bush and possibly Jones carry, will have the ability to pull it off.

3) This is not Fred Thomas in the defensive backfield. Porter, Grier, Harper, Jenkins, Sharper, Robinson, and even Torrence are probably the most formidable defensive backfield in the NFC playoffs.

4) The Bears O-line can be had. I can see another Giants type game for the Saints front 7, especially with the defensive backfield just discussed.

Given all of these points, the Saints going to Chicago and laying it on the Bears is a pretty good bet.

Now let's look at the other side of the equation. Who do you think is the best team out of Atlanta, Philly, and most likely Green Bay? Right now, I'd take the Packers. They won't be the least bit bothered going into Philly and have a superior defense and offense that can score. They've already seen the Falcons and won't make the same mistakes. So I can definitely see them coming out of that group.

Note that neither Seattle nor St. Louis can compete with any of the other 5 teams that are in. No more discussion necessary.

Where does that leave us? My bold prediction:

Packers vs. Saints in the Superdome for the NFC championship!

SFIAH
This is excellent analysis .. I think this is what will happen, but of any of the playoff games ... That first round wild card game scares me the most. We'll win it, but I hope it's not as close as I suspect it will be.
C17-BING is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts