Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Saints resign Scott Shanle

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Jack Vegas Didn't mean "you" personally, I meant the universal "you". this my friends, is what i like to call the thread police.......

Like Tree22Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #61
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
Didn't mean "you" personally, I meant the universal "you".

this my friends, is what i like to call the thread police....
Speedy Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 07-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #62
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,254
Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
thats the scary thing...no one has beaten him out yet
Maybe that's because, in the eyes of the coaches, Shane actually brings something worthwhile to the table as a player.

And you'll have to forgive me for thinking they know just a tiny bit more about the subject than anybody talking crap on a message board, myself included.

Hell, I don't even like Shanle that much but you people are gone off the deep end here.
Jack Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #63
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,254
Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
this my friends, is what i like to call the thread police....
Must be nice to be young and know everything.
Jack Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #64
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,254
Shanle is better than average. His fault is his lack of speed in coverage but to be fair to him he has a few tough TE's to cover. The lack of a pass rush just magnifies his lack of coverage. If the front 4 can start to apply pressure Shanle can be an above average LB.
Budsdrinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #65
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
Must be nice to be young and know everything.

it is. but since you know so much....englighten me of shanle's endless pool of supposed talent. In your argument, explain to me how he is NOT our worst LB and the fact that he started last year because Casillas got hurt is not a valid point.
Speedy Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #66
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
Shanle is better than average. His fault is his lack of speed in coverage but to be fair to him he has a few tough TE's to cover. The lack of a pass rush just magnifies his lack of coverage. If the front 4 can start to apply pressure Shanle can be an above average LB.

we would be better off putting a shoe out there...the TE might trip on it.
|Mitch| and TheEnigma like this.
Speedy Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #67
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 711
Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
we would be better off putting a shoe out there...the TE might trip on it.
This quote never gets old, Ron. I love hearing it.
TheEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #68
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,254
Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
it is. but since you know so much....englighten me of shanle's endless pool of supposed talent. In your argument, explain to me how he is NOT our worst LB and the fact that he started last year because Casillas got hurt is not a valid point.
A. Please show me where I said anything about his "endless pool of supposed talent." All I said is that he is decent and underdeserving of all the crap that people like you continually sling at him.

B. I didn't say he wasn't our worst LB although that is a very debatable point. For the sake of argument, let's say he is....that doesn't mean he's deserving of the ridiculous stuff many here are saying about him. Considering the Saints defense ranked 4th last year with Shanle out there playing the bulk of the snaps, he can't be half as bad as you are saying.

C. He was scheduled to start last year on the strong side anyway. Casillas or Dunbar or my grandmother could've won the weak side job and Shanle still would've been out there on the strong side. Maybe if you actually followed what was going on instead of blindly criticizing you would've been aware of that little fact.
Jack Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #69
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
A. Please show me where I said anything about his "endless pool of supposed talent." All I said is that he is decent and underdeserving of all the crap that people like you continually sling at him.

B. I didn't say he wasn't our worst LB although that is a very debatable point. For the sake of argument, let's say he is....that doesn't mean he's deserving of the ridiculous stuff many here are saying about him. Considering the Saints defense ranked 4th last year with Shanle out there playing the bulk of the snaps, he can't be half as bad as you are saying.

C. He was scheduled to start last year on the strong side anyway. Casillas or Dunbar or my grandmother could've won the weak side job and Shanle still would've been out there on the strong side. Maybe if you actually followed what was going on instead of blindly criticizing you would've been aware of that little fact.
a. you defend him as if we are talking about lawrence taylor
b. your right if he was the worst LB he wouldnt be starting. again...this is the scariest thing.
c. i stand corrected, he was moved to that side. but he still was the worst defensive player on the field at any given time.

but please..tell me what he brings to the table...PLEASE.
Speedy Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #70
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,828
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by strato View Post
Ok guys...Shanle is ours to keep..lol...so we got to accept that fact...until he gets beat out..which could happen...either way he is a Saint for a reason..G.W likes him and we dont have much time to get someone else acclimated to the position..
Now I lay me down to sleep
I'll sleep well because Shanle is ours to keep
Should he get beat out in training camp
I will not shout nor throw a temper tamp
Cause I know in my heart he's not the best
My GOD will this thread please die a horrible death
saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/34863-saints-resign-scott-shanle.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Thursday Afternoon of Delight: A Saints/NFL Free Agency Open Thread - Canal Street Chronicles This thread Refback 07-28-2011 04:45 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts