Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Observations on the Saints

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by foreverfan One pass in the preseason... I bet Strato has a hangover this morning. Yep, over-reaction at its finest. Its why I don't like gameday chat. Meachem has had a great camp and by all reports is ...

Like Tree15Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #11
Threaded by Danno
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,208

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
One pass in the preseason... I bet Strato has a hangover this morning.
Yep, over-reaction at its finest. Its why I don't like gameday chat.

Meachem has had a great camp and by all reports is catching everything in sight and beating our own secondary deep often.

Bobby/Hokie said he looks like our best WR at this point.

Meachem has never had a rep for drops.
mikesaintfan likes this.
Views: 1902
Old 08-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #12
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,874
Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
Drew has high expectations and that's what makes him a winner, I have not seen the play yet as I haven't had chance to watch the highlights.
Drew was most likely pissed that the offense wasnt clicking and this added to the frustration, believe me though......they will make sure it doesn't happen again!
Regarding the play, if I could be allowed to expand...it seems that I saw, for some reason, that Meach had to react slightly with his arms to catch it, and possibly had just picked-up the balls flight and his reaction was just a tad slow...which is understandable, to me, because of the situations. That's why I wanted to see it again but couldn't. I'm sure I will see it again later, and maybe I will retract if I see that I was wrong.

They will undoubtebly, IMO too, make it right, which is why I was a little surprised by Drew's reaction.

I think I've beaten this enough, now.

Whether you think you can or think you can't...you're right!
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #13
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,208
Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
Regarding the play, if I could be allowed to expand...it seems that I saw, for some reason, that Meach had to react slightly with his arms to catch it, and possibly had just picked-up the balls flight and his reaction was just a tad slow...which is understandable, to me, because of the situations. That's why I wanted to see it again but couldn't. I'm sure I will see it again later, and maybe I will retract if I see that I was wrong.

They will undoubtebly, IMO too, make it right, which is why I was a little surprised by Drew's reaction.

I think I've beaten this enough, now.
The ball was a little inside, and Meachem did adjust his route, which is why he dove for it. But since it hit him squarely in both hands, there's no excuse for the drop. It was a clean drop.

Also, Drew came over and patted him on the head on the sideline so I see no problem.

Meachem was probably more angry about the drop than anyone else.
darstep likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
Got a problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,400
Harper suped up his wheel chair last night. If anyone had any doubts why he wasn't replace this offseason, there was your answer. Excellent in the box and at blitzing.

On Meachem and his drop, it's preseason. I bet you he's going to shape up real quick and not let that happen again.
papz is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #15
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,874
Originally Posted by papz View Post
Harper suped up his wheel chair last night. If anyone had any doubts why he wasn't replace this offseason, there was your answer. Excellent in the box and at blitzing.
I didn't want Harper replaced, and I'm not implying that you said that...this just looked like a good spot for me to eat some crow.

I have made jokes during the offseason regarding Harper. I guess I was embarrassed by what Bradford did. I do realize that Harper was gassed by that time in that game...and Sam is probably pretty fast...anyway...

I am glad we have Roman Harper.


There...I said it.
papz and Rugby Saint II like this.

Last edited by Saint_LB; 08-13-2011 at 09:07 AM..
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,299
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
I didn't want Harper replaced, and I'm not implying that you said that...this just looked like a good spot for me to eat some crow.

I have made jokes during the offseason regarding Harper. I guess I was embarrassed by what Bradford did. I do realize that Harper was gassed by that time in that game...and Sam is probably pretty fast...anyway...

I am glad we have Roman Harper.


There...I said it.
Looks tasty.

Boutte and FinSaint like this.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #17
Got a problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,400
Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
I have made jokes during the offseason regarding Harper. I guess I was embarrassed by what Bradford did. I do realize that Harper was gassed by that time in that game...and Sam is probably pretty fast...anyway...
There's no way around it... he was brought down by Bradford from behind. He deserved to be ridiculed. That's goign to follow him for the rest of his life.
papz is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #18
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Meach should have caught that pass ..no way around it..he is a 3rd year 1st rounder...preseason or not..you make that catch...if he continues his droppsies and Colston is hurting then what?...that was the reason i wanted to take a look at T.O...call me a DF{Dam Fool}..but it couldnt hurt..if he doesn't produce cut him...
strato is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #19
SaintSince67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PortCity
Posts: 1,739
It was a drop, like many other drops. It wasn't a new brand of drop, it was the old fashioned, hit him dead in the hands drop...why don't we drop it? As for T.O., N.O. Too immature to be thirty something (fits and tantrums like a spoiled child), no thanks. He would probably be more problematic than advantageous. Even if he didn't perform and Payton cut him, his juice would have already spoiled the broth. Sure he has skills, but I don't think that's the kind of sideshow we need on our quest.

**SaintSince67**
darstep is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #20
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,263
first game in the dome this year with new turf and lighting I'm willing to give Meachem a Mulligan. He's been having a good camp so I will give him a break.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts