Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: Who will beat the Packers for Us?
Atlanta 9 23.68%
Dallas 11 28.95%
Other 18 47.37%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Playoffs... How Saints Get Out of Playing in Green Bay.

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Nobody wants to go to Green Bay in January. If the Saints get the #3 or #2 seed, looks like the Packers will play either Atlanta or Dallas. Question... Who and why do you think has the best chance of ...

Like Tree18Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,568
Blog Entries: 5
Playoffs... How Saints Get Out of Playing in Green Bay.

Nobody wants to go to Green Bay in January.

If the Saints get the #3 or #2 seed, looks like the Packers will play either Atlanta or Dallas.

Question...
Who and why do you think has the best chance of beating the Packers in Green Bay to force the NFC Championship here?


BOTH OF THESE TEAMS HAVE A CHANCE!

Who else would you rather play in the NFC Championship Game?

2011 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

Last edited by foreverfan; 12-19-2011 at 12:01 AM..
foreverfan is offline  
Latest Blogs


Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


Old 12-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,993
I had to vote other; I don't see anyone beating the Packers except us in Green Bay
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,568
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
I had to vote other; I don't see anyone beating the Packers except us in Green Bay
Are you kidding? This is the NFL and either Dallas or the Falcons could beat the Packers in Lambeau.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,993
The Falcons had two chances in Atlanta and the Packers spanked them not once, but twice...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #5
Mrs. Drew Brees
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Who Dat Nation (by way of South Dakota)
Posts: 2,283
Blog Entries: 1
I don't see the Crygirls or the Falclowns beating Green Bay, but stranger things have happened. Hell, the Pack lost today, to the Chiefs of all teams. #AnyGivenSunday
breesfan27 is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #6
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,568
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by breesfan27 View Post
I don't see the Crygirls or the Falclowns beating Green Bay, but stranger things have happened. Hell, the Pack lost today, to the Chiefs of all teams. #AnyGivenSunday
That's a wroong answer.

The question reads "Chance". Certainly they have a chance. You blew the test. Thank for playing the game.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:13 AM   #7
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,794
I could see Dallas beating them and then the Cowboys coming here and Payton sucking the life out of Jerry Jones, it would be classic, but if not I would love another crack at Pretty Boy Rodgers.
halloween 65 is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:24 AM   #8
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,568
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
I could see Dallas beating them and then the Cowboys coming here and Payton sucking the life out of Jerry Jones, it would be classic, but if not I would love another crack at Pretty Boy Rodgers.
Yea... playing Dallas here would be great since I don't want to have to beat Atlanta 3 times. That would prove to be much harder. If Payton beat Jones, Jones may hate him too much to make him an offer to coach Dallas. Either that or make him one hell of an offer.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,816
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
Nobody wants to go to Green Bay in January.

If the Saints get the #3 or #2 seed, looks like the Packers will play either Atlanta or Dallas.

Question...
Who and why do you think has the best chance of beating the Packers in Green Bay to force the NFC Championship here?


BOTH OF THESE TEAMS HAVE A CHANCE!

Who else would you rather play in the NFC Championship Game?

2011 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN
I accually disagree. We have never been a fan base to run from a fight.

I want the Packers and the Great Aron Rodgers.

I am more interested in fighting GB at home but , in a blizzard, yes a blizzard, because our OL and RB's #8 are better than them . GB has no run game to speak of . And Brees is a better short passer than Rogers. and better under pressure. Brees is 67.9% completions with 127 pressures, Rogers is 65% completions with 89 pressures. So we could limit the long ball, and run the rock and short game.
Their OL is horrible , and a victory at their home, would demoralize anyone we face. Look at what happens if GB loses the long ball or just Jenkins.

Nah, we go there we beat them and take the trophy from the pack, and put it back in New Orleans. Then if lucky we face New England and beat them in a super bowl. Then Brees would have Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Farve, and Wanner on his mantle .
At that point the media will have to take him seriously.

Time to make the DOMENuts !!!!

Last edited by pherein; 12-19-2011 at 12:30 AM..
pherein is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #10
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,568
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by pherein View Post
I accually disagree. We have never been a fan base to run from a fight.

I want the Packers and the Great Aron Rodgers.

I am more interested in fighting GB at home but , in a blizzard, yes a blizzard, because our OL and RB's #8 are better than them . GB has no run game to speak of . And Brees is a better short passer than Rogers. and better under pressure. Brees is 67.9% completions with 127 pressures, Rogers is 65% completions with 89 pressures. So we could limit the long ball, and run the rock and short game.
Their OL is horrible , and a victory at their home, would demoralize anyone we face. Look at what happens if GB loses the long ball or just Jenkins.

Nah, we go there we beat them and the the trophy from them and put it back in New Orleans. Then if lucky we face New England nd beat them in a super bowl. Them Bree would have Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Farve, and Wanner on his mantle .
At that point the media will have to take him seriously.
Usually agree with your opinion but you're way off on this.... I agree that I think we can beat them in Green Bay but...

See I don't give a crap about playing the Packers. I would rather another home game in the Dome for our fans. Plus this is a better road to the Superbowl. Come to our house and our fan base.
foreverfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/39160-playoffs-how-saints-get-out-playing-green-bay.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Playoffs... How Saints Get Out of Playing in Green Bay. This thread Refback 12-18-2011 11:51 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts