Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

If there's only SUNNY conditions until Saturday...

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by winmill1 I am loving the fact that EVERYONE is saying we can't score outside because our players and coaches are making bulletin board material out of it. We may try to drop 100 on you guys. The ...

Like Tree15Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #31
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 145
Originally Posted by winmill1 View Post
I am loving the fact that EVERYONE is saying we can't score outside because our players and coaches are making bulletin board material out of it. We may try to drop 100 on you guys. The only thing worse than waking a sleeping giant
is to piss one off that's already awake. It will be like Bombs over Baghdad the way those balls will be falling out of the sky. Brees and the boys haven't reached the climax. Unlike last year we are built for anything. We can run it better than you, but you will learn that the hard way.
You can't run it at all on us. And I suspect the passing game vs. our defense and outdoors away from your perfect conditions track and no wind or rain will be much worse. Statistically you are worse in outdoors games on grass. And it's by a lot. Not just a point or 2 or 3. A dramatic difference. You will see.
SanDiego49er is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #32
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,135
Blog Entries: 2
The pot must be flowing across the border HEAVILY in the San Diego area.

Chris Ivory and Pierre Thomas are gonna put a heavy hurtin' on your linebackers, 49erfan.

LOL

Alaska
Halo and WHO_DAT_CAT like this.
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #33
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by AlaskaSaints View Post
Thank God it's not a night game. Word is the Niners still haven't paid the light bill.

I detest teams that have to wet a field to get a minuscule advantage. Like the Packers, for instance.

Alaska
Don't like it? Earn a higher seed then.


And for the Record I'm from SF. I grew up right across the stadium. If you think Chicago is The Windy City you're doing SF a huge injustice. SF's nickname is Fog Town. It will be Foggy, Windy and Cold. The Niners Stadium is about as far from the San Francisco Bay as San Francisco Giants are. No rain, No Snow but you will freeze your nuts off.
BigDickWilly is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #34
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,610
Blog Entries: 3
There is a big difference between stopping the Cleveland Browns or Arizona Cardinals run game and stopping the Saints. Teams have beaten the 49ers before with only 45, 55, 65 yards type of rushing numbers. The Saints have done it to you. Before you say we "can't run it at all" on you, I am not even sure the 49ers have faced, let alone shut down, a top 10 running team all year, except the Eagles, and I didn't see that game but I assume that was mostly Vick running around. But there only needs to be just enough rushing to balance the pass, set up second down, and confuse the D with playaction. Just enough to make their heads start to spin, and that should be enough for the Saints to walk out of Candlestick with the "W."
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 01-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #35
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California - Bay Area
Posts: 386
Dark and wet, just the way the swamp team likes it.

I really have got to get some sleep.
WHO_DAT_CAT is offline  
Old 01-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #36
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by SanDiego49er View Post
You can't run it at all on us. And I suspect the passing game vs. our defense and outdoors away from your perfect conditions track and no wind or rain will be much worse. Statistically you are worse in outdoors games on grass. And it's by a lot. Not just a point or 2 or 3. A dramatic difference. You will see.
Oh we will run it. We have the most complete backfield in the league. You will see.
winmill1 is offline  
Old 01-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #37
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,135
Blog Entries: 2
Ah...

FOG will NOT be a factor, Willy. If it is, I'll kiss your azz in the center of the Bay Bridge during rush hour on a date of your choosing.

"It was a beautifully thrown pass, however Colston seems to have lost sight of it in the FOG."

Yeah...

That FOG you're seeing, Willy... Well, that's in your BONG.

Alaska
WHO_DAT_CAT likes this.
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Old 01-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #38
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shreveport, LA
Posts: 4,071
Originally Posted by BigDickWilly View Post
Don't like it? Earn a higher seed then.


And for the Record I'm from SF. I grew up right across the stadium. If you think Chicago is The Windy City you're doing SF a huge injustice. SF's nickname is Fog Town. It will be Foggy, Windy and Cold. The Niners Stadium is about as far from the San Francisco Bay as San Francisco Giants are. No rain, No Snow but you will freeze your nuts off.
Well, this shoots the **** out of your "Wet, Foggy, Freezing your nuts off" theory.

Daily Weather Forecast for San Francisco, CA - weather.com=&?=
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SF Weather.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	4118  
Srgt. Hulka is offline  
Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #39
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,135
Blog Entries: 2
66 and sunny. It's colder in the Dome. Seriously.

Alaska
JoanieNTX likes this.
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/40126-if-theres-only-sunny-conditions-until-saturday.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
If there's only SUNNY conditions until Saturday... This thread Refback 01-09-2012 04:46 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts