Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Carl Nicks getting anxious

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Smartest thing he can do; start the packing process because he won't be a Saint next season....

Like Tree10Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,935
Smartest thing he can do; start the packing process because he won't be a Saint next season.
Beastmode is online now  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 02-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 2,033
Blog Entries: 1
When one fan suggested Nicks was likely to leave despite the Saints giving him his opportunity, Nicks responded: “4 years of busting my ass, no hold outs,no off the field distractions, a Super Bowl… I ain’t never forget but u might of!” Nicks said.
Dumb remark, but it should be pointed out that Nicks was responding to someone questioning his character.

I'm new to twitter. The thing that truly surprises me is the way some "educated" people converse.
iceshack149 is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
Pink Nightmare
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,905
Blog Entries: 7
Dear Carl,

As a Saints fan, I am well aware of the good things you have done. No holdouts, no off field trouble, helping us win our first SuperBowl, ect. I am very proud of you for these things. You are a great player for the Saints.

However... Currently you demanding, hold the organization hostage, beligerant, and down right egotistical. Are you deserving of a "Big Payday"? In my opinion; yes you are. Will you get a "Big Payday"? Yes you will. either one from the Saints or maybe possibly the Rams.

I understand wanting to get paid for what you are worth. I really do. But not at the expense of losing Drew Brees. As a fan, all I ask of you, is to sit back, relax and enjoy the next 5 days. One way or another, you are going to get a big contract. Even if it takes til next year. So my advice is to just calm down, quit talking all the "Crap" and do what we do. Enjoy the "Offseason".

Signed,
Sapper
Danno likes this.

"We are number one. All others are number two, or lower."
-The Sphinx
http://blackandgold.com/groups/28-ou...tsman-s-corner
SapperSaint is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
Who Dat Writer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 241
I drilled him a new one on Twitter for being disrespectful to the Saints organization by taking his feelings about the situation to Twitter. Where are players agents at now-a-days?

Drew Brees should teach him a thing or two about how to talk to the media when things like this is going on. It's one thing for a single statement, but to repeatedly blow up the media with how you don't want to be tagged or you're unhappy with the situation is unprofessional.

He says he wants to stay with the Saints, yet he complains about being tagged, which gives them more time to work on a deal for him. Doesn't make any sense.

If it's about the money to him and he thinks he should be a priority over Brees, he can go to Dallas. I'll buy him a plane ticket.

Twitter: @BGWhoDat
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bgwhodat
Website: http://www.rantsports.com
BGWhoDat is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,094
Originally Posted by SapperSaint View Post
Dear Carl,

As a Saints fan, I am well aware of the good things you have done. No holdouts, no off field trouble, helping us win our first SuperBowl, ect. I am very proud of you for these things. You are a great player for the Saints.

However... Currently you demanding, hold the organization hostage, beligerant, and down right egotistical. Are you deserving of a "Big Payday"? In my opinion; yes you are. Will you get a "Big Payday"? Yes you will. either one from the Saints or maybe possibly the Rams.

I understand wanting to get paid for what you are worth. I really do. But not at the expense of losing Drew Brees. As a fan, all I ask of you, is to sit back, relax and enjoy the next 5 days. One way or another, you are going to get a big contract. Even if it takes til next year. So my advice is to just calm down, quit talking all the "Crap" and do what we do. Enjoy the "Offseason".

Signed,
Sapper
Translation... "Carl... STFU, be patient, and you'll be rewarded appropriately"
SapperSaint likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,956
Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 View Post
“4 years of busting my ass, no hold outs,no off the field distractions, a Super Bowl… I ain’t never forget but u might of!” Nicks said.

Carl Nicks

Funny, I seem to remember him missing some practice time this past off-season, because he took his sweet time signing the tender offered by the Saints - I'd consider that a type of a hold out.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #17
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,094
Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Funny, I seem to remember him missing some practice time this past off-season, because he took his sweet time signing the tender offered by the Saints - I'd consider that a type of a hold out.
Not to mention getting his arse benched by Payton last pre-season for slacking.
Danno is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,956
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Not to mention getting his arse benched by Payton last pre-season for slacking.

Not to mention the blow out he had with coach Kromer during the St. Louis game, but I guess that would technically be considered an on the field distraction.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #19
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,730
Uhhhhmmmm...........they ain't seen anxious until they look my way!
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #20
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,790
He is really good, no doubt, but not irreplaceable. Colston would be a bigger loss, he is a playmaker.
Mardigras9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
brees, contract, guard, nicks, offensive line, saints

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/41584-carl-nicks-getting-anxious.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Carl Nicks getting anxious This thread Refback 02-29-2012 02:34 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts