New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Featured Discussion THEY TAGGED HIM!!! (http://blackandgold.com/saints/41700-they-tagged-him.html)

saints1234 03-03-2012 02:46 PM

THEY TAGGED HIM!!!
 
1 Attachment(s)
it just said it at the bottom of the TV on NFL network they franchised Brees.....

this is horrible

Jankman8 03-03-2012 02:49 PM

Yes it is, this REALLY sucks.. goodbye Carl Nicks, maybe goodbye Marques Colston.

Can this still be reversed until the 5th?

Crusader 03-03-2012 02:50 PM

Good! Now Brees only have himself to blame when he gets sacked by an interior lineman during the season.

Jankman8 03-03-2012 02:55 PM

God Im mad at the moment... WTF is going on?

hitta 03-03-2012 02:56 PM

Eh, I think we can still work out a deal with Nicks. I think we went ahead and used the franchise tag encase Roger Goodell did something like take away our franchise tag, which would have left us in a situation without a guarantee on Brees. We may still work out a deal with Brees in the coming days.

Jankman8 03-03-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitta (Post 382194)
Eh, I think we can still work out a deal with Nicks. I think we went ahead and used the franchise tag encase Roger Goodell did something like take away our franchise tag, which would have left us in a situation without a guarantee on Brees. We may still work out a deal with Brees in the coming days.

Is that still possible to work out a longterm deal with Brees and then put the tag on Nicks?

hitta 03-03-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jankman8 (Post 382195)
Is that still possible to work out a longterm deal with Brees and then put the tag on Nicks?

No. But we still have enough caproom to work out something with Nicks.

QBREES9 03-03-2012 03:01 PM

WOW ! I guess he's in it for the money too

W. Kovacs 03-03-2012 03:02 PM

Worst Offseason Ever
 
Wake me when this nightmare is over, okay?

This is un-fricking-believable.

Jankman8 03-03-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitta (Post 382196)
No. But we still have enough caproom to work out something with Nicks.

Well then what about Brees next year + Jimmy Graham? I think the Saints had in mind to sign Brees lonterm, tag Nicks and then let him go next year after drafting his predecessor with the first pick in the draft...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com