Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

How much is Brees worth?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; What's Drew Brees worth? | National Football Post...

Like Tree12Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 10,061
Thumbs up How much is Brees worth?

What's Drew Brees worth? | National Football Post

Last edited by Halo; 03-26-2012 at 11:43 AM..
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 03-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 787
He worth what ever he wants.
voodooido is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,609
We offered 18 a year, he wants 23 a year...

I'd offer 20 million a year and no more. Too much into 1 player and the rest of the team suffers. I think Loomis understands and is handling it properly...
Brandon428 likes this.
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
He deserves a blank check, hes our MVP by far.
saintsflow is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,422
Originally Posted by voodooido View Post
He worth what ever he wants.
Originally Posted by saintsflow View Post
He deserves a blank check, hes our MVP by far.
Ridiculous. What if he wants 50 million/year, and we're forced to field 52 players at vet minimum?
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 156
Drew Brees is just a man,another QB will come out of the draft one day and beat all his records just like Drew beat a lot of records set by “great” QBs that came before him. This is a business first and foremost and the goal is to win championships now and years from now! If we give Drew the moon we can’t afford to have a great team and it has been proven time and time again that a great TEAM wins championships,not a great PLAYER. I know it sounds like blasphemy,but Brees can be replaced and he needs to realize that $18M is a lot of freaking money to throw a ball around. That being said for the record I love Drew Brees,I wear his jersey every game but no 1 player is worth $23M/year and in this economy to ask for such a high salary is absurd to me.

I think we finish building our defense and and tie up a few odds and ends here and there and then see where we’re at financially and if we can I think we should offer a $100M 6 year deal at $20/M for the first 4 years and 10 for the last 2 or $20/M for the fist 3 years and 13.3 for the last 3. I’d give him those 2 options with the assumption that he would take the first option and maybe feel like he’s getting a good deal. I think that would work for both sides.
Brandon428 is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,422
Originally Posted by Brandon428 View Post
Drew Brees is just a man,another QB will come out of the draft one day and beat all his records just like Drew beat a lot of records set by “great” QBs that came before him. This is a business first and foremost and the goal is to win championships now and years from now! If we give Drew the moon we can’t afford to have a great team and it has been proven time and time again that a great TEAM wins championships,not a great PLAYER. I know it sounds like blasphemy,but Brees can be replaced and he needs to realize that $18M is a lot of freaking money to throw a ball around. That being said for the record I love Drew Brees,I wear his jersey every game but no 1 player is worth $23M/year and in this economy to ask for such a high salary is absurd to me.

I think we finish building our defense and and tie up a few odds and ends here and there and then see where we’re at financially and if we can I think we should offer a $100M 6 year deal at $20/M for the first 4 years and 10 for the last 2 or $20/M for the fist 3 years and 13.3 for the last 3. I’d give him those 2 options with the assumption that he would take the first option and maybe feel like he’s getting a good deal. I think that would work for both sides.
Agree with almost all of this post.

I do think Drew should be paid exactly what he's worth, and the market and negotiations will set that number.

I am disappointed at how its being portrayed by media and fans.
Danno is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,844
$20 million a year , base pay guaranteed. A $20 million contract for 2 years. Up the 2nd year with incentives for $3 million more.
Yeah, PM is getting ,waht $96 , BUT BIUT it is based on this and that. PM is not going to last those amny years as his contract calls for nor is he going to produce like that. His better days are over.
Contracts are tricky and I do not know, understand them. That is why I thin k $20 million a year , period, no matter what for DB. I think he has two good years left as a pro and the Saints current unit of coaches and players can go another two years before the coaching staff leaves, DB leaves , and real rebuilding stage begins. Sorry some will not agree , but this is a reality. Under Coach SP, Saints have sort of refilling instead of rebuilding and have refilled with really good players.
OldMaid is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,483
Less every day I have to read about this crap!
TheKillerBs likes this.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,422
Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Less every day I have to read about this crap!
Drews value is at its peak right now. In 2013 it should be less, and 2014 much more less as he ages.

Mickey played the franchise card to perfection. I have a feeling Drew will end up signing long term with us much closer to what we were offering than what Condon was demanding.
|Mitch| likes this.
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/42623-how-much-brees-worth.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
How much is Brees worth? This thread Refback 03-25-2012 12:50 PM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts