Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Hargrove Speaks Out!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I have sat back over the past few months and watched as the NFL has spent countless hours painting a picture that has left a lot of people convinced that myself and three other players deserve to be punished, not ...

Like Tree12Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Threaded by saintfan
Site Donor
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,260

Blog Entries: 5
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (1 votes - 5.00 average)

I have sat back over the past few months and watched as the NFL has spent countless hours painting a picture that has left a lot of people convinced that myself and three other players deserve to be punished, not to mention the coaching staff and Mr. Loomis. I have asked myself a million times: why? Why on earth are they trying to make a mountain out of a molehill? I do not have an absolute answer, but I'm guessing it has something to do with image, power, and money.

The words they have used over the months to capture your hearts and minds have been many, practiced, and calculated. But that does not make them true. It just makes them good at what they do. They are, in my opinion, master politicians. Bill Clinton once said, “I did not have sex with that woman."

Semantics. Politicians are good at it.


Full article.
Anthony Hargrove's statement on NFL's evidence against Saints players - CBSSports.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flag.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	4869  


Last edited by papz; 06-19-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Views: 4425
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 06-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
100th Post
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 101
Directly in front of the NFL headquarters..... If yiou have not read it do so... STRONG statement.... Sign him back....
Halo, saintfan, savoyk and 1 others like this.
nevergiveup3 is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 10,447
I believe Hargrove, but when he said it wasn't him on the tape, I instantly thought of this!!

WhoDat!656 is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 216
Blog Entries: 1
It looks better on paper than it sounded out of his mouth. Regardless, I thought it was suspicious that his face wasn't in view. The glaring inconsistency that I'm seeing is every time they have a specific instance, the numbers don't add up. Games where they have "ledgers" have money amounts that dont match up with play. Here, Hargrove is claiming a bounty he won't collect on because he has nothing to do with the play in question.
Don't we remember the ledger leak that was revised three times?
Halo likes this.
JimmyB1775 is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,081
Blog Entries: 44
Exocism of Goodell

Originally Posted by JimmyB1775 View Post
It looks better on paper than it sounded out of his mouth. Regardless, I thought it was suspicious that his face wasn't in view. The glaring inconsistency that I'm seeing is every time they have a specific instance, the numbers don't add up. Games where they have "ledgers" have money amounts that dont match up with play. Here, Hargrove is claiming a bounty he won't collect on because he has nothing to do with the play in question.
Don't we remember the ledger leak that was revised three times?
The "ledger" is also "transcribed" from written notes. The NFL wants to protect the identity of the snitch as the handwriting will give them away.

That means the ledger was not written by Gregg Williams, nor any of the players. So who is left, who are they trying to protect?

If it had to be transcribed because it wasn't legible, then it may not have been interpreted correctly.

ALL of this is circumstantial evidence that would not stand up in a court of law, but because Goodell depended on it to make the decision that Vilma was guilty, it will probably be subpoenaed in his case vs. Goodell. And the court will want the originals and the identity of the writer.

We may soon find out what really went on here as the NFL and Commish are about to be "EXORCISED" by the federal court and judge.
Beastmode likes this.

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,260
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
The "ledger" is also "transcribed" from written notes. The NFL wants to protect the identity of the snitch as the handwriting will give them away.

That means the ledger was not written by Gregg Williams, nor any of the players. So who is left, who are they trying to protect?

If it had to be transcribed because it wasn't legible, then it may not have been interpreted correctly.

ALL of this is circumstantial evidence that would not stand up in a court of law, but because Goodell depended on it to make the decision that Vilma was guilty, it will probably be subpoenaed in his case vs. Goodell. And the court will want the originals and the identity of the writer.

We may soon find out what really went on here as the NFL and Commish are about to be "EXORCISED" by the federal court and judge.
I bet Roger is wishing he could destroy THIS 'evidence' too - but even he isn't that stupid...or is he? What is better? Should he show up with no evidence or should he show up with worthless evidence?

saintfan is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,081
Blog Entries: 44
Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I bet Roger is wishing he could destroy THIS 'evidence' too - but even he isn't that stupid...or is he? What is better? Should he show up with no evidence or should he show up with worthless evidence?

Why have a press conference AFTER the hearings to show evidence when the NFL had a deadline on Friday to share evidence with the players but they missed their own deadline.

Regardless, without having the evidence in hand before the meeting (as per New York law which the hearing should have complied with as per the terms of the CBA) the players showed up.

This prompted Goodell to call for a recess when he got owned by Vilma's attorney for not following his own Kangaroo Court rules.

Then, after all hearings were held for the day, the NFL presented evidence to 12 select New York press reporters...... BUT FAILED TO ENTER THE SAME EVIDENCE TO EACH PLAYER BEFORE THE HEARING AS PER THEIR RULES!???

THE FREAKING PRESS CONFERENCE WAS NOT EVEN PUBLICIZED AND MOST MEDIA (THOSE WHO HAVE QUESTIONED GOODELL) WERE NOT THERE TO ATTEND?

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,260
Blog Entries: 5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rogerfail.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	4872  
SaintsBro likes this.
saintfan is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,815
Blog Entries: 27
Goodell is a doosche!
SmashMouth is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #10
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,870
MY HEAD IS SPINING!!!!!!!!!!!!
This back and forth ,ugh! Goodell and the NFl will not go back to change this, lessen the penalities, or anything else.
The NFL will not show any proof or name the witness.
I like Hargrove's letter. When accused like this, what else can he do to defend himself to the public.
I like how he said he has a big idea as to who the witness is , but won't say because he needs proof.
When you have somone tattle on someone and that person remains silent, unknown throws out a case for me because what are the persons' reasons, motives. We don't know, but maybe NFL helped the witness with something or helped witness get drug charges dropped or witness has issues with Saints and was cut. Who is this unamed witness?

I just want the Saints to take care of now, sign Brees , and get this show on the road.
Winning will be the best and real revenge.
Time helps things too because the witness and other things will comeforth in favor , somewhat anyway, for the Loomis, SeanP, Hargrove, Vilma, and others.
OldMaid is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/44722-hargrove-speaks-out.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Hargrove Speaks Out! This thread Refback 06-19-2012 03:58 PM 11


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts