Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

An observation

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Read into it what ever you like.. I know I have Quarters 1-3 and part of the 4th our Offense looked flat.. predictable, out of sync, like they couldn't pull it out. Start of the 4th quarter camera pans to ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By TheOak
  • 1 Post By SaintsBro
  • 1 Post By Crusader

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,170
An observation

Read into it what ever you like.. I know I have

Quarters 1-3 and part of the 4th our Offense looked flat.. predictable, out of sync, like they couldn't pull it out.

Start of the 4th quarter camera pans to the box and Sean Payton is talking to Drews Wife.

Announcer comments that Play calling for the 4th quarter has been turned over to Brees.

Offense looks completely in sync and preforming well, like clock work.

My guess:

Payton looks at Brittany and says "I am going to keep smiling and pretend we are discussing The View... play along with me... Find a way to tell the side lines to turn the play calling over to your husband.. He is the only one that knows what I would really do."...
Halo, saintfan, dizzle88 and 1 others like this.

"Dad, you know what sensitive means?" "Yes, but you tell me". "When someone says a joke and you are not tough about it" ~ My 5yo Daughter
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 3,694
Re: An observation

It was the same in the texans game in 2012

our offense was real flat for 2 quarters, Payton tells drew to call his own plays,second half we come out clicking offensively and finished off by a 15 yard TD run by ingram
dizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 10,579
Re: An observation

Drew is going to be a heck of a coach one day.
Unless he retires and wants to be with his family.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,562
Blog Entries: 3
Re: An observation

You know who else I think is going to be potentially an awesome coach for somebody, someday? Chase. Yeah I know he's a clipboard guy, yada yada, but look at the games, when Payton was around -- Chase is always in the thick of things on the sidelines, and right there at Payton's side, he is soaking up whatever's going on and is right there in the huddle on the sidelines while things are getting talked over and whenever serious stuff is going down in a game he's right there with it. And he talks to Drew after every touchdown, blah blah blah he helps in the game planning the defense for opponents. The guy is obviously no Drew Brees in talent but he probably has enough first hand experience of game situations and watching the coaching staff, just being a fly on the wall for the whole Sean Payton experience, I bet Chase is going to make a killer coach or offensive coordinator 10-15 years from now. Like the way Payton was not really a very good quarterback, himself, either, LOL.
Halo likes this.
SaintsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,565
Re: An observation

Brees was sitting by himself studying D-pics at one point. Nobody was around. Can't remember when it was...late 3rd maybe but he looked really focused. When I saw that I felt like you are on your own buddy because the only way we get out of this is if you figure it out.
Beastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,170
Re: An observation

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
Brees was sitting by himself studying D-pics at one point. Nobody was around. Can't remember when it was...late 3rd maybe but he looked really focused. When I saw that I felt like you are on your own buddy because the only way we get out of this is if you figure it out.
THAT was 4 QTR 2:00 left on the clock LOL. He does not stop or slow till the clock reads 00:00
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #7
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,695
Re: An observation

funny, x626x.
OldMaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 4,731
Re: An observation

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
You know who else I think is going to be potentially an awesome coach for somebody, someday? Chase. Yeah I know he's a clipboard guy, yada yada, but look at the games, when Payton was around -- Chase is always in the thick of things on the sidelines, and right there at Payton's side, he is soaking up whatever's going on and is right there in the huddle on the sidelines while things are getting talked over and whenever serious stuff is going down in a game he's right there with it. And he talks to Drew after every touchdown, blah blah blah he helps in the game planning the defense for opponents. The guy is obviously no Drew Brees in talent but he probably has enough first hand experience of game situations and watching the coaching staff, just being a fly on the wall for the whole Sean Payton experience, I bet Chase is going to make a killer coach or offensive coordinator 10-15 years from now. Like the way Payton was not really a very good quarterback, himself, either, LOL.
I think that is a very good observation.
Halo likes this.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 2,954
Re: An observation

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Drew is going to be a heck of a coach one day.
Unless he retires and wants to be with his family.
Either be a coach, or need one for all his kids.
UK_WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/51678-observation.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
An observation This thread Refback 10-08-2012 07:37 AM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts