Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Seer1 I think the real addition is Vitt. Sproles'll be yet another pleasant addition once he recovers. @OP/CSC: Correlation does not equal Causation. Don't forget that our run game coordinator has not been able to run game ...

Like Tree14Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #21
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Black Pearl University
Posts: 799
Re: Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
I think the real addition is Vitt. Sproles'll be yet another pleasant addition once he recovers.
@OP/CSC: Correlation does not equal Causation. Don't forget that our run game coordinator has not been able to run game coordinate until the last few games with Vitt back, which is more likely the cause of our improved running game than the removal of one of our premier playmakers. In fact, I think that the running game will be even better when he comes back. See: the 2011 Season.

(Also, I think it may be time for us Ingram apologists to admit that Ivory should be starting, frankly.)
alexonfyre is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #22
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,487
Re: Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back

Whatever or whoever lit the fire under Ingram, THANK YOU!!!!! Ivory is out to prove he belongs on the field (and has).
Mardigras9 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #23
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,916
Re: Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back

Originally Posted by Mardigras9 View Post
Whatever or whoever lit the fire under Ingram, THANK YOU!!!!! Ivory is out to prove he belongs on the field (and has).
No one lit a fire under him. He got better blocking. He's no longer pummelled by 4 defenders 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

May have something to do with Kromer coming back.

If any fire was lit, it was the O-line.
Halo, saintfan and Tobias-Reiper like this.
Danno is online now  
Old 11-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #24
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 600
Re: Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
No one lit a fire under him. He got better blocking. He's no longer pummelled by 4 defenders 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

May have something to do with Kromer coming back.

If any fire was lit, it was the O-line.
While I don't completely disagree with you on the fact that they're both getting better blocking.........I do think you're seeing the Ingram situation thru your ROLL TIDE glasses a bit. In that MNF game against the Eagles...it started off with Ingram's same boring 2 yard runs....and after Ivory ripped off a couple of runs and got the crowd going, suddenly Ingram had some burst, fire, and elusiveness.

Biggest coincidence in the world? Maybe. Either way, I like this Ingram better than the other one.
TheGambler is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,684
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back

Ivory Coming Back From The Doghouse > Regular Chris Ivory. To get to THIS Ivory we had to wait through THAT Ivory, and I think it was done that way on purpose.

Ingram With Competition Behind Him > Ingram With No Competition Behind Him.

O Line + Kromer scheme > O Line w/ halfassed Kromer scheme

No question about it. The best thing that can happen right now is for stuff to get batsh*t crazy with competition in our backfield, then right when everything gets thrown into the pot and comes to a complete boil Sproles walks back in to the middle of the throng and our offense goes off-the-chain crazeee. That's my prediction.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #26
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 600
Re: Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back

Does anybody even know why Ivory was IN a doghouse? Was he in a doghouse????? I know he fumbled a few times in training camp / preseason.....but I seem to recall him turning it on from that Jacksonville game on forward...
TheGambler is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,684
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back

He was in the doghouse for fumbling. Kromer said something about it at the start of the year. But not for HOW MANY times he fumbled, Ivory didn't really fumble that much, it was WHERE and WHEN and HOW he fumbled -- for example at bad times in games or in situations that caused a 14 point swing (took away 7 from the Saints and wound up giving 7 to the other team, or on crucial drives where we needed points, stuff like that). And bad ball handling -- sometimes the ball would squirt out when he hit the ground, or when he was on his way down, and he would get 1-2 stripped when one guy would stack him up and another would go for the ball, while Ivory was thrashing around, which is a pretty basic and avoidable kind of fumble. As opposed to the Pierre Thomas style of fumbling, where he generally has to have his ankle freaking get broken or be knocked out cold, in order for him to cough up the ball.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #28
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,345
Re: Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
That happens quite a bit around here.
No kidding...
Tobias-Reiper is online now  
Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #29
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 600
Re: Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
He was in the doghouse for fumbling. Kromer said something about it at the start of the year. But not for HOW MANY times he fumbled, Ivory didn't really fumble that much, it was WHERE and WHEN and HOW he fumbled -- for example at bad times in games or in situations that caused a 14 point swing (took away 7 from the Saints and wound up giving 7 to the other team, or on crucial drives where we needed points, stuff like that). And bad ball handling -- sometimes the ball would squirt out when he hit the ground, or when he was on his way down, and he would get 1-2 stripped when one guy would stack him up and another would go for the ball, while Ivory was thrashing around, which is a pretty basic and avoidable kind of fumble. As opposed to the Pierre Thomas style of fumbling, where he generally has to have his ankle freaking get broken or be knocked out cold, in order for him to cough up the ball.
That's some funny logic right there...

Team goes 0-4......defense is handing out yards and points like Halloween candy, the offense was sputtering along and not putting teams away...

...but dammit, we sure won't activate Chris Ivory...he MIGHT fumble !
TheGambler is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/52784-dear-darren-sproles-please-dont-come-back.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 11-12-2012 09:29 AM 2
Dear Darren Sproles: Please Don't Come Back This thread Refback 11-11-2012 09:35 PM 20


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts