Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Bill Johnson.

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Why has this weirdo not been fired yet?? Obviously he can't coach a D line. I never see any passion or fire coming from him. It's time for a new D line coach and D line. I wanna see Jordan/gallette ...

Like Tree3Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 247
Bill Johnson.

Why has this weirdo not been fired yet?? Obviously he can't coach a D line. I never see any passion or fire coming from him. It's time for a new D line coach and D line. I wanna see Jordan/gallette Bunkley/Johnson hicks and Tez Wilson on the D line. And I hope and pray Dion Jordan falls in our lap. DE/OLB from Oregon this guy is a monster.
iWho_Dat is offline  
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 12-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,821
Re: Bill Johnson.

Just playing the contrarian... Bill Johnson is a highly respected D-line coach among players and coaches. I'm not convinced he's the problem.

But if I had to point to the number one weakness we have on defense, its D-line and he's the HMFIC of that unit.

Maybe its just not the right mix for his coaching style?
Danno is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 247
Re: Bill Johnson.

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Just playing the contrarian... Bill Johnson is a highly respected D-line coach among players and coaches. I'm not convinced he's the problem.

But if I had to point to the number one weakness we have on defense, its D-line and he's the HMFIC of that unit.

Maybe its just not the right mix for his coaching style?
Maybe so. Idk. Maybe it's just the players he has.
iWho_Dat is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,775
Re: Bill Johnson.

Coaches don't forget how to coach. Bill Johnson is a very good coach. Yes it just might be the talent he has around him.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
There was a reason we Blitzed 98.765% of the time with Wiliams. In the absence of talent, chaos reigns supreme and rules kitchen stadium. (Sorry iron chef came to mind for some reason)

Sort of like the Vietnamese army, they were no match for American soldiers , so they doped them up and sent them in numb hoping to do some damage.....
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:24 AM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 4,609
Re: Bill Johnson.

Coach vitt is highly respected throughout the league and you could argue our LB's have played some of the worst football we've seen in recent years

Being respected means nothing if you can't put players in the position to win
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #7
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
Coach vitt is highly respected throughout the league and you could argue our LB's have played some of the worst football we've seen in recent years

Being respected means nothing if you can't put players in the position to win
And how many of our starting LBs are new to the team + new to Spags?

"Out of position" was a team effort on behalf of the Defense.
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,821
Re: Bill Johnson.

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
"Out of position" was a team effort on behalf of the Defense.
^^^THIS^^^

I'm not completely sold on the "lack of talent" angle. Our players often looked confused, especially the 1st half of the season.

I think its obvious that we need more front 7 talent, but confusion and hesitation will trump all the talent in the world.

I think we had enough talent on defense to finish ranked in the low 20's.
SaintsBro likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,736
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Bill Johnson.

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
^^^THIS^^^

I'm not completely sold on the "lack of talent" angle. Our players often looked confused, especially the 1st half of the season.

I think its obvious that we need more front 7 talent, but confusion and hesitation will trump all the talent in the world.

I think we had enough talent on defense to finish ranked in the low 20's.
Somehow... it's not comforting ....
SmashMouth is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,515
Re: Bill Johnson.

I don't buy the lack of talent either. We do have some play makers. I'm glad Williams is gone but had he still been here we wouldn't have lost 4 games because the defense would be doing its normal thing...
Grag Williams defense has always been High Risk High reward.
We had thr reward and we loved him, then when we got burnt we ran the guy out of town. ( He still is a pos for the bounty thing but...)
I blame Spags for bringing in a completely new system and not gauging his players in training camp. If folk aren't getting it as a coach he needed to see that and change up. He didn't and thats why we lost games we shouldn't of. Yes it took awhile for the defense to come along... I honestly don';t think we're that far off from being a solid defensive team.

I really think next year is ours for the taking

Originally Posted by nutria:
"What can we get on defense in a trade for Drew Brees?"
Jamessr is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/54118-bill-johnson.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-28-2012 05:18 PM 1
Bill Johnson. This thread Refback 12-28-2012 05:02 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts