Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; It's brackish where I was today on the coast near San Francisco too... many sharks here, though....

Like Tree82Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #61
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,651
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

It's brackish where I was today on the coast near San Francisco too... many sharks here, though.
SmashMouth is offline  
Latest Blogs
MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #62
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,289
Re: Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

Well, after coming back from God's country this weekend, it looks like we will be pushing it to get crawfish in June. East Texas has stopped fishing in their ponds and the ponds in southwest LA are showing signs of fewer traps but they are still fishing for now. We have 2.5 weeks to go, start saying your prayers.
Budsdrinker is online now  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #63
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
Well, after coming back from God's country this weekend, it looks like we will be pushing it to get crawfish in June. East Texas has stopped fishing in their ponds and the ponds in southwest LA are showing signs of fewer traps but they are still fishing for now. We have 2.5 weeks to go, start saying your prayers.
have FAITH.
I saw some traps on the way back from the Breaux Bridge Festival.
hagan714 likes this.
skymike is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #64
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,575
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

What about crawfish farms? Can't you get 'em from there year round?
SloMotion is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #65
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
What about crawfish farms? Can't you get 'em from there year round?
Crawfish are seasonal. Too early and they are small, too late and they are hard.
TheOak is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #66
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,289
Re: Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
What about crawfish farms? Can't you get 'em from there year round?
When I say ponds it refers to crawfish farms but as The Oak stated there is a season and we are rapidly approaching the end. The unseasonably cool weather we have had down here has added some time to the season but once we hit the 90's on a daily basis the shells will get hard and the fishermen quit working their ponds.
Budsdrinker is online now  
Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #67
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,425
Blog Entries: 40
Re: Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

waiting to order my sack now. I treat myself every year to crawfish and fly them up first class to boston
hagan714 is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #68
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,575
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
When I say ponds it refers to crawfish farms but as The Oak stated there is a season and we are rapidly approaching the end. The unseasonably cool weather we have had down here has added some time to the season but once we hit the 90's on a daily basis the shells will get hard and the fishermen quit working their ponds.
Gotcha', for some odd reason I thought they went out and got 'em similiar to shrimp, .
SloMotion is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #69
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
Gotcha', for some odd reason I thought they went out and got 'em similiar to shrimp, .
Thats silly.

Shrimp come from KFC
SloMotion likes this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #70
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,651
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!!

hagan714 and SloMotion like this.
SmashMouth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/56598-its-time-mudbugs-iv.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-26-2013 07:24 PM 1
Its Time: MUDBUGS IV !!!!! This thread Refback 03-26-2013 04:18 PM 27


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts