Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Haven't seen anything saying this is true, wifey called to tell me this anybody got any info?...

Like Tree8Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Katy, Tx a suburb of Houston
Posts: 1,909
Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

Haven't seen anything saying this is true, wifey called to tell me this anybody got any info?
alleycat_126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 2,678
Re: Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

No,No,No and No

The Madden Curse is real
lee909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,848
Re: Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

Megatron pretty much broke that curse with the season he had, don't ya think?!
D_it_up, ClintSaints and SloMotion like this.
FinSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,173
Re: Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

Graham was beat out by Julio.
http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Res...ound-3-new.jpg
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,173
Re: Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

Brees escaped the madden Curse in 2011
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,565
Re: Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

They should have given it to Gonzalez. He's never going to a SB or be a part of a winning NFC championship team. Would have been a nice tribute.
Beastmode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 266
Re: Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Brees escaped the madden Curse in 2011
Brees was an absolute pick machine that year! I don't think he escaped anything!

We need every player on the roster in the NFC with the exception of the Saints on a huge montage on the front cover of Madden!
thebdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,173
Re: Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

Originally Posted by thebdj View Post
Brees was an absolute pick machine that year! I don't think he escaped anything!

We need every player on the roster in the NFC with the exception of the Saints on a huge montage on the front cover of Madden!
No sir... The madden curse is a decline in performance due to injury.

In 2012 Drew played in all 16 games and after throwing for a career high 4,620 yards, Brees led the defending champion Saints back into the playoffs as a wildcard team, and made the Pro Bowl.

I hardly call that a curse.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 1,955
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
No sir... The madden curse is a decline in performance due to injury.

In 2012 Drew played in all 16 games and after throwing for a career high 4,620 yards, Brees led the defending champion Saints back into the playoffs as a wildcard team, and made the Pro Bowl.

I hardly call that a curse.
I recall him having a knee injury that year but he didn't miss any games. There was a lot of speculation that his injury led to many picks.

Still, I don't believe in curses. Especially curses linked to video games.
iceshack149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 16,645
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden?

Originally Posted by iceshack149 View Post
I recall him having a knee injury that year but he didn't miss any games. There was a lot of speculation that his injury led to many picks.

Still, I don't believe in curses. Especially curses linked to video games.
What about the curse on Nome, AK?
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/56637-jimmy-graham-won-cover-madden.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Jimmy Graham won cover of Madden? This thread Refback 03-28-2013 01:48 PM 168
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-28-2013 11:34 AM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts