Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Brees falls, Top 100

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Top 100 Players of 2013 - NFL.com...

Like Tree14Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,775
Brees falls, Top 100

Top 100 Players of 2013 - NFL.com
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 06-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,568
Re: Brees falls, Top 100

Not really surprised by this. The list is fundamentally flawed. I don't completely get how they compile the votes (each player only picks 20 players.) but they're doing it wrong.
Boutte is offline  
Old 06-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,737
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Brees falls, Top 100

Originally Posted by Boutte View Post
Not really surprised by this. The list is fundamentally flawed. I don't completely get how they compile the votes (each player only picks 20 players.) but they're doing it wrong.
I felt the same way when we had the Dome Patrol. Jackson, Johnson, Mills and Swilling were continually disrespected by the national media.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
SmashMouth is offline  
Old 06-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 4,610
Re: Brees falls, Top 100

Brees had another great year but he had some pretty atrocious games

5 picks vs atl and 3 picks vs SF with 2 pick 6's

The list is flawed due to players not being on it (jimmy graham, jahri evans) but brees is about right at number 11 for last year
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 06-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,895
Re: Brees falls, Top 100

IDC
Seer1 is offline  
Old 06-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C
Posts: 371
Re: Brees falls, Top 100

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
Brees had another great year but he had some pretty atrocious games

5 picks vs atl and 3 picks vs SF with 2 pick 6's

The list is flawed due to players not being on it (jimmy graham, jahri evans) but brees is about right at number 11 for last year
Its not about how they played last year...its where you'll think they will rank next year
savoyk likes this.
Rell&Gold is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #7
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 4,610
Re: Brees falls, Top 100

Originally Posted by Rell&Gold View Post
Its not about how they played last year...its where you'll think they will rank next year
They use 2012's stats to say why that player is ranked there so its the top 100 players going into 2013 season
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 01:59 AM   #8
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 5,078
Re: Brees falls, Top 100

Blah blah blah. I hate those lists. Its almost impossible to compare players from differnent positions trying to make such a list.
OldMaid likes this.
Crusader is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 02:30 AM   #9
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Brees falls, Top 100

Originally Posted by Rell&Gold View Post
Its not about how they played last year...its where you'll think they will rank next year
Which is a fundamental flaw.

Guessing who will do what in an upcoming season to compile a list of the best 100 is flawed as much as the leagues seasonal MVP voting being held before the season is over.
TheOak is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston Tx
Posts: 1,219
Re: Brees falls, Top 100

Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Blah blah blah. I hate those lists. Its almost impossible to compare players from differnent positions trying to make such a list.
Exactly it's just stupid
Luda34 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/58614-brees-falls-top-100-a.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Brees falls, Top 100 This thread Refback 06-22-2013 11:19 AM 12


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts