Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by papz I'll correct you again. You're welcome. If he was as good as you think they'd move him to LT and let him sure up that blind side. He's not though. Weak link....

Like Tree15Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #41
Threaded by rezburna
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,748

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by papz View Post
I'll correct you again.



You're welcome.
If he was as good as you think they'd move him to LT and let him sure up that blind side. He's not though. Weak link.
Views: 2602
Latest Blogs
MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 07-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #42
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,560
Re: Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013?

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
If he was as good as you think they'd move him to LT and let him sure up that blind side. He's not though. Weak link.
No where in this thread have I called Strief a world beater nor would I think he could make a good left tackle. But to suggest he's "garbage" is a stupid statement. He's a more than serviceable RT.

Corrected again.
papz is offline  
Old 07-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #43
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,748
Re: Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013?

Originally Posted by papz View Post
No where in this thread have I called Strief a world beater nor would I think he could make a good left tackle. But to suggest he's "garbage" is a stupid statement. He's a more than serviceable RT.

Corrected again.
He's serviceably garbage. Lol.
rezburna is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #44
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,556
Re: Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013?

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
He's serviceably garbage. Lol.
Very much like most of your posts in this thread. If he was garbage he wouldn't have lasted 7 years in the NFL and he wouldn't be starting. Do you really think you're that much better at evaluating talent than Payton or Kromer? That's a serious question. Do you? How do you account for that if it is actually the case?
Boutte is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #45
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,748
Re: Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013?

Originally Posted by Boutte View Post
Very much like most of your posts in this thread. If he was garbage he wouldn't have lasted 7 years in the NFL and he wouldn't be starting. Do you really think you're that much better at evaluating talent than Payton or Kromer? That's a serious question. Do you? How do you account for that if it is actually the case?
Well technically he was on the bench for 5 of those years. Shanle started and he was garbage. Fred Thomas, Jason David, Sedrick Ellis, the list goes on and on. And idk, I might be. I've never been given a chance to put an NFL team together. But I do believe I'm better at evaluating talent then you. If the Saints had plenty of cap bet Strief would be replaced.

But just because our coaching staff does something doesn't make it right. These guys aren't perfect. The roster isn't going to be filled with diamonds at every position. Every team has players they want to upgrade. For me, Strief is the guy. I think he's garbage. Get over it. Are you his relative or something? Damn.

http://www.twitter.com/rezburna
http://www.youtube.com/rezburnatv
http://www.facebook.com/rezburnamusic
rezburna is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #46
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,684
Re: Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013?

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
For me, Strief is the guy. I think he's garbage. Get over it. Are you his relative or something? Damn.
It's a wonder; you're not working for some team as a scout!
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #47
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,748
Re: Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013?

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
It's a wonder; you're not working for some team as a scout!
You know I was thinking the same thing about you guys.
rezburna is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #48
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,684
Re: Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013?

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
You know I was thinking the same thing about you guys.
Well since most of us are saying he's not "garbage" and the actual coaches have him starting, I think "us guys" have done alright... lol
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #49
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,748
Re: Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013?

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Well since most of us are saying he's not "garbage" and the actual coaches have him starting, I think "us guys" have done alright... lol
I suppose if you're going off the basis that the coaches have him starting you're right. I guess its cool to operate off the "no starter is garbage" train of thought. I really don't want to talk about Zach Strief anymore. This has been going on way to long.
rezburna is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #50
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,530
Re: Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013?

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
I suppose if you're going off the basis that the coaches have him starting you're right. I guess its cool to operate off the "no starter is garbage" train of thought. I really don't want to talk about Zach Strief anymore. This has been going on way to long.
Its a Zach Strief thread. Its pretty easy to stop talking about him.

It all boils down to your definition of garbage and everyone elses.

If you want to say that any player who isn't rated in the top half of the league at their position is garbage, then I guess you're correct. But most of us view the term "garbage" as a player that is so bad he shouldn't even be playing in the NFL.

Zach is a middle of the pack starter in this league. To me, and just about everyone else on this site, that doesn't deserve the label "garbage".
Danno is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/58707-zach-strief-will-show-up-2013-a.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest Jon Stinchcomb News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 07-23-2013 09:06 AM 1
The Latest Zach Strief News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 07-01-2013 04:02 PM 1
The Latest Clay Matthews News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-29-2013 06:53 AM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-28-2013 11:52 PM 1
Which Zach Strief Will Show Up in 2013? This thread Refback 06-28-2013 03:12 PM 9


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts