Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by TheOak Do you think he would have hit the same area in an inter squad scrimmage? You honestly think he would have hit Johnson in the knees? That's what I thought. First you say it wasn't intentional, ...

Like Tree14Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #51
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,641
Re: Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Do you think he would have hit the same area in an inter squad scrimmage? You honestly think he would have hit Johnson in the knees?


That's what I thought. First you say it wasn't intentional, then it's a legal hit... Your all over the board trying to defend a career ending hit that could have been avoided while still stoping the receiver for 0 YAC.
So it has to be one or the other? It can't be both legal and done unintentionally? Have you considered that when asked about specific points I give answers specific to what was just asked?

And most teams don't allow you to hit low in an inter squad scrimmage. They tell you to stay up. And I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about a fine for a big hit after a scrimmage game. So he probably would've went for the REAL kill shot. Which is the upper body.

So you're telling me you think Swearinger hit him with the intentions to try and end the mans career? Because I just saw a guy catch a punt, get blasted in the abdomen AFTER he caught the ball, and the defender get flagged; and my dad's a referee, so I immediately went crazy and he said that's just the rules now. And my first response was, so what, you want him to go low and blow the dudes knee out? And my dad said yeah, that's basically what's going to happen. So the fact that Swearinger decided to go low instead of high doesn't surprise me at all; and there's nothing wrong with it in the 1st place. If it's been such a problem and so dirty and such an epidemic where' the rule against it?

So we can sit up here and pretend like we haven't seen legal hit after legal hit get flagged and then the player later fined for the same hit if you want. But I guarantee you the players aren't pretending. And this will be the aftermath.

http://www.twitter.com/rezburna
http://www.youtube.com/rezburnatv
http://www.facebook.com/rezburnamusic
rezburna is online now  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 08-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #52
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post

And most teams don't allow you to hit low in an inter squad scrimmage. They tell you to stay up.
And why would that be?

Trying to rationalize a hit that you your self asked your father about is not easy and your wasting your time on me. I don't simply flex because you change our frame or argument.... You know me better than that.

Hitting the body is not a kill shot, the knees are the weakest link on that frame.... And defensive backs know that. I'm saying that he knew exactly what the end result would be when he launched for those knees, if he didn't, he is an idiot.
TheOak is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #53
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,641
Question Re: Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
And why would that be?

Trying to rationalize a hit that you your self asked your father about is not easy and your wasting your time on me. I don't simply flex because you change our frame or argument.... You know me better than that.

Hitting the body is not a kill shot, the knees are the weakest link on that frame.... And defensive backs know that. I'm saying that he knew exactly what the end result would be when he launched for those knees, if he didn't, he is an idiot.
Clean hit. Legal hit. No fine on the hit. I'll teach my son to hit like that. I hit like that. If he's scared to get hit like that he doesn't need to play. And the day they make it a rule you can only hit from the waist to the chest is when I'll change up. Good hit Swearinger. I wish you were a Saint. You made the tackle and dislodged the ball.
rezburna is online now  
Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #54
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,420
Re: Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

Don't mean to get in the middle of the debate here... But haven't our DB's been diving at ball carrier's legs for years now?! Only difference is our guys are missing. I've never seen any outrage here about how our guys must be trying to blow out people's knees.
rezburna likes this.
ChrisXVI is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #55
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
Don't mean to get in the middle of the debate here... But haven't our DB's been diving at ball carrier's legs for years now?! Only difference is our guys are missing. I've never seen any outrage here about how our guys must be trying to blow out people's knees.
Perhaps you should try reading the threads... There are more than plenty of threads and comments about the lack of tackling, throwing them selves at WR legs. trying to spear... We have had a neck injury because of it the last two seasons running.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376966281.939571.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	7710

This car as a roof mounted, inverted, oscillating fan. Your agreement is invalid.
TheOak is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #56
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,420
Re: Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Perhaps you should try reading the threads... There are more than plenty of threads and comments about the lack of tackling, throwing them selves at WR legs. trying to spear... We have had a neck injury because of it the last two seasons running.

Attachment 7710

This car as a roof mounted, inverted, oscillating fan. Your agreement is invalid.
Thanks for the advice, but I have read the threads and the comments about throwing themselves at WR legs is merely frustration about missing the tackle. No-one has ever once said we're being dirty and trying to take out knees.
rezburna likes this.
ChrisXVI is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #57
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,265
Re: Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

The hit was unfortunate because it injured Keller but I don't have a problem with it. Looks to me like the DB lost his footing on the temporary grass field of Reliant and was falling down into him. He didn't launch his helmet into his knee he just hit him in that spot that you are most vulnerable.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #58
xan
Professor Crab and
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Princeton
Posts: 3,001
Blog Entries: 26
Re: Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

Mighty full bladders in this thread...
xan is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #59
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 891
Re: Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
He makes a point you would expect a child to make....

"You told me to be quiet... so I let the house burn down".


Swearinger shouldn't be on a football field if trying to miss the head can only result in a knee for him.


There is a distance of around 4 feet between the head and the knee.... You don't have enough control to hit the middle?


Go to YouTube and search Swearinger hit.... He won't last long in the NFL.

We don't have to worry about him for a couple of seasons. But Davis, Cook, Boldin, Decker, Thomas, Gates, Brown, Floyd, Denarius, Bowe, TSmith, Clark, Gronk(if healthy), Wayne, Hilton, Heyward Bey, Britt(and his knees I feel bad for him lol) do this year and next year Maclin, Desean, Cruz, Nicks, Garcon, Davis(the other one), Wheaton, Brown(Antonio), Green, Gresham, Cameron, Gordon in addition to most that play him this year.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #60
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
We don't have to worry about him for a couple of seasons. But Davis, Cook, Boldin, Decker, Thomas, Gates, Brown, Floyd, Denarius, Bowe, TSmith, Clark, Gronk(if healthy), Wayne, Hilton, Heyward Bey, Britt(and his knees I feel bad for him lol) do this year and next year Maclin, Desean, Cruz, Nicks, Garcon, Davis(the other one), Wheaton, Brown(Antonio), Green, Gresham, Cameron, Gordon in addition to most that play him this year.
We have to worry about him Sunday hoss.
TheOak is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/59606-swearinger-says-rules-made-him-hit-keller-low.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-18-2013 12:25 PM 6
Swearinger says rules made him hit Keller low This thread Refback 08-18-2013 12:05 PM 40


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts