Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; As usual, Sunday's Falcons-Saints game came down to the final minute. This time, the Saints' defense made the key stop on fourth and goal to preserve a 23-17 victory in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Saints safety Roman Harper talks about the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By saintfan
  • 1 Post By Halo

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Got a problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,412
Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons

As usual, Sunday's Falcons-Saints game came down to the final minute. This time, the Saints' defense made the key stop on fourth and goal to preserve a 23-17 victory in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Saints safety Roman Harper talks about the play.

Video: Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons | Saints | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, LA
papz is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 10,993
Re: Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons

He was in the right place at the right time........all day long.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,724
Blog Entries: 16
Re: Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons

Cool.
homerj07 is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,975
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons

Harper gets a lot of abuse around here - most of which isn't deserved in my opinion. Excellent game by him yesterday!
Danno likes this.
saintfan is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 11,134
Blog Entries: 43
Re: Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Harper gets a lot of abuse around here - most of which isn't deserved in my opinion. Excellent game by him yesterday!
Becoming obvious to me Spags was canned for a reason. Many players fit poorly in his scheme and they all played uninspired football.

Harper was a part of the 2009-10 turnover machine Williams ran on defense.
Last year, secondary players were so out of position it was a joke. Didn't look like that yesterday.
saintfan likes this.
Halo is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 623
Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Harper gets a lot of abuse around here - most of which isn't deserved in my opinion. Excellent game by him yesterday!
Please dude. He deserves a lot of the cynicism thrown his way on this board. Had he been the only guy covering Gonzales its clear he would have been beat. Just like in the Seattle playoff game and just like in the San Fran playoff game. His coverage skills blow.

What peeves me is that he tried to make it sound like he was assisting K V in case K V missed gonzales when the fact was that K V was all over that **** and was the one that saved game. Harper would not have made the play on his own.

The prob with this board is that folks cannot let go of the past. Harper was awesome in his hay day but times changed the last years.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
westbankdaze is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,975
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons

Originally Posted by westbankdaze View Post
Please dude. He deserves a lot of the cynicism thrown his way on this board. Had he been the only guy covering Gonzales its clear he would have been beat. Just like in the Seattle playoff game and just like in the San Fran playoff game. His coverage skills blow.

What peeves me is that he tried to make it sound like he was assisting K V in case K V missed gonzales when the fact was that K V was all over that **** and was the one that saved game. Harper would not have made the play on his own.

The prob with this board is that folks cannot let go of the past. Harper was awesome in his hay day but times changed the last years.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

sigh...
saintfan is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,269
Re: Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Harper gets a lot of abuse around here - most of which isn't deserved in my opinion. Excellent game by him yesterday!
Most posters don't know the difference between a SS and a CB.

The ignorance spouted about Harper's play is proof that a beer fart knows as much about football as most of the Harper haters on this board.
Danno is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #9
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 623
Re: Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Most posters don't know the difference between a SS and a CB.

The ignorance spouted about Harper's play is proof that a beer fart knows as much about football as most of the Harper haters on this board.
You are proof that a beer fart is actually more interesting to breathe than the idiocy muttered off your own breath.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
westbankdaze is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/60165-roman-harper-describes-saints-game-winning-stop-against-falcons.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Roman Harper describes Saints game-winning stop against Falcons This thread Refback 09-09-2013 08:09 AM 18


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts