Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2014 NFL strength of schedule

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Why not.... 24th 2014 NFL strength of schedule - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN...

Like Tree6Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
2014 NFL strength of schedule

Why not....


24th
2014 NFL strength of schedule - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
TheOak is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 02-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,871
Re: 2014 NFL strength of schedule

We have AFC and NFC North this season, not strong at all last season!! Only thing that would bother me, our record might not really reflect on how good or bad we might be playing weaker opponents. Tricky!!
halloween 65 is online now  
Old 02-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,467
Blog Entries: 5
Re: 2014 NFL strength of schedule

I don't buy into this strength of scheduled BS.

Come next year they are different and it really comes down to match ups. So strength of schedule for last year to this year does it even matter?
Euphoria is offline  
Old 02-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,987
Re: 2014 NFL strength of schedule

24th sounds great, but Green Bay lost 6 of those games without Rogers, and even if you believe the Falcons are only a 4-12 team, they will play us tough both games (kind of like this year when they were 4-12 and played us tough both games). Pitt, Det, and even Dallas were better than their records

I think our schedule will be difficult
Rugby Saint II likes this.
ScottF is offline  
Old 02-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #5
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,293
Re: 2014 NFL strength of schedule

I was pretty happy about it when I saw it. Of course there will be that one or two teams that surprises and over achieves and the possibility of us underachieving (ala Rams), but otherwise it looks to be in our favor. I'm calling it 16-0.
The Dude is offline  
Old 02-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #6
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: 2014 NFL strength of schedule

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I don't buy into this strength of scheduled BS.

Come next year they are different and it really comes down to match ups. So strength of schedule for last year to this year does it even matter?
Which is why I started with "why not" lol

That said, there is so much that can and will change between now and then that it is just like mock drafts before free agency starts ..
TheOak is offline  
Old 02-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #7
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,148
Re: 2014 NFL strength of schedule

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Which is why I started with "why not" lol

That said, there is so much that can and will change between now and then that it is just like mock drafts before free agency starts ..
I think the way they calculate SOS is flawed, but you can look at any NFL schedule and determine which teams will probably be a tough out and which teams won't. There will be a few that buck the trend but for the most part any fan that follows football closely knows if your schedule is tough, about average, or relatively easy.

Looking at our schedule it appears its not that difficult compared to other seasons. But it also should be noted that the difference between the toughest schedule and the easiest schedule isn't glaring. All NFL teams can beat you if you don't play your best.
Danno is online now  
Old 02-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,779
Blog Entries: 40
Re: 2014 NFL strength of schedule

really 24th? dam that don't sound right

just look at the home schedule. man that is a schedule that makes any season ticket holder happy for years to come.

your right danno something smells fishy
hagan714 is offline  
Old 02-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #9
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: 2014 NFL strength of schedule

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I think the way they calculate SOS is flawed, but you can look at any NFL schedule and determine which teams will probably be a tough out and which teams won't. There will be a few that buck the trend but for the most part any fan that follows football closely knows if your schedule is tough, about average, or relatively easy.

Looking at our schedule it appears its not that difficult compared to other seasons. But it also should be noted that the difference between the toughest schedule and the easiest schedule isn't glaring. All NFL teams can beat you if you don't play your best.
That is because no calculation cant account for all of the variables that go into the difficulty of a schedule.

Only a hindsight can determine the rankings when you look at an item such as Payton manning having a lousy year, lousy referees, or injury. Any of those items can change the difficulty of a game or schedule.
TheOak is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #10
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,987
Re: 2014 NFL strength of schedule

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I think the way they calculate SOS is flawed, but you can look at any NFL schedule and determine which teams will probably be a tough out and which teams won't. There will be a few that buck the trend but for the most part any fan that follows football closely knows if your schedule is tough, about average, or relatively easy.

Looking at our schedule it appears its not that difficult compared to other seasons. But it also should be noted that the difference between the toughest schedule and the easiest schedule isn't glaring. All NFL teams can beat you if you don't play your best.
Yep, more subjective than Power Ratings but every bit as irrelevant
ScottF is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/64273-2014-nfl-strength-schedule.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-10-2014 06:46 PM 3
2014 NFL strength of schedule This thread Refback 02-10-2014 03:44 PM 68


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts