Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; There was something notable about New Orleans Saints cornerback Brandon Browner's session with the media Thursday afternoon. As Browner talked about the offseason and OTAs, there was a phrase he continued to mention: simplifying the defense. More> New Orleans Saints ...

Like Tree2Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,530
Blog Entries: 23
New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

There was something notable about New Orleans Saints cornerback Brandon Browner's session with the media Thursday afternoon.

As Browner talked about the offseason and OTAs, there was a phrase he continued to mention: simplifying the defense.


More> New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time | NOLA.com
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 05-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #2
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,530
Blog Entries: 23
Re: New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

"While this particular group of Saints defenders is a little different from the one that struggled through most of the 2014 regular season -- the addition of Browner, the departure of defensive backs Corey White and Patrick Robinson -- they've still been through this song and dance before."

Seems like we had this discussion before about Ryan and making the defense too complicated...

Now maybe these guys just aren't the brightest - hey, they're football players - but, it seems Ryan is trying to be as sophisticated as Payton is on offense...

Ryan should just remember to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid!)...
hagan714 likes this.

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 05-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
Carolina Sucks
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Greensboro NC
Posts: 380
Re: New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

I am cautiously optimistic going into this year. This team quit against Carolina with so much on the line in the Dome last year which was nothing short of embarrassing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16520031-mmmain.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	10585  
Foot Stomper is offline  
Old 05-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #4
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,530
Blog Entries: 23
Re: New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

Originally Posted by Foot Stomper View Post
I am cautiously optimistic going into this year. This team quit against Carolina with so much on the line in the Dome last year which was nothing short of embarrassing.
Felt the Cincinnati game was just as bad; getting man-handled like the Bengals did, just power running right over us (which is why I wanted us to sign G Clint Boling)...

Was happy for Saints fans in WV and surrounding area, but can't help but wonder if Training camp has made us too soft...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 05-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #5
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,989
Blog Entries: 52
Re: New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

"Simplifying makes it much easier, it makes you play faster because you're not thinking about so many things," Browner said. "You can just have fun and play loose."

KISS

This I am netting is the Dennis effect

Once again Rob proved his inability to adjust as the season went on.
jeanpierre likes this.
hagan714 is offline  
Old 05-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,763
Re: New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
"Simplifying makes it much easier, it makes you play faster because you're not thinking about so many things," Browner said. "You can just have fun and play loose."

KISS

This I am netting is the Dennis effect

Once again Rob proved his inability to adjust as the season went on.
That's B.S... After like the third or fourth game last season Rob said he was simplifying his defense because his players were too dumb to understand it (my words, not his.) How f*****g hard was his defense to learn to start with that a year later he's still trying to simplify it?! Our defensive players aren't very bright.
ChrisXVI is online now  
Old 05-30-2015, 10:08 PM   #7
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,989
Blog Entries: 52
Re: New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
That's B.S... After like the third or fourth game last season Rob said he was simplifying his defense because his players were too dumb to understand it (my words, not his.) How f*****g hard was his defense to learn to start with that a year later he's still trying to simplify it?! Our defensive players aren't very bright.
Same thing was said in Dallas.

"Rob's first-year defense was a little different than his second-year defense, and now we've got (Allen) here and he's bringing on a whole new characteristic to everything," Jordan said.


I will stick with the players opinion.

Rob defense started to tank long before the 4th game of last year. he had no answers then or the start of last years season.

This is the Dennis effect
hagan714 is offline  
Old 05-30-2015, 10:16 PM   #8
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,763
Re: New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
Same thing was said in Dallas.

"Rob's first-year defense was a little different than his second-year defense, and now we've got (Allen) here and he's bringing on a whole new characteristic to everything," Jordan said.


I will stick with the players opinion.

Rob defense started to tank long before the 4th game of last year. he had no answers then or the start of last years season.

This is the Dennis effect
That post doesn't make any sense. Cameron Jordan, who is one of our softest and most inconsistent players likes the new soft-spoken assistant coach... Surprise, surprise.
ChrisXVI is online now  
Old 05-31-2015, 01:02 AM   #9
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,530
Blog Entries: 23
Re: New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

I like Ryan's personality...

However, there seems to be a disconnect and it points to Ryan's ability to communicate what he wants from his players...

There was commentary that indicated Ryan had an inclination for complicated defenses and it's still circling...

Sources:

'Mad scientist' Rob Ryan continues to adapt unique approach with New Orleans Saints defense | NOLA.com

Jerry Jones: Rob Ryan’s defense is “too much scheme” | ProFootballTalk

New Orleans Saints defense supports coordinator Rob Ryan | FOX Sports
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 05-31-2015, 06:31 AM   #10
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,989
Blog Entries: 52
Re: New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time

i would drink with Rob in heartbeat too

but his track history of over complicating things is starting to blind me. it is getting to the point it is glaring obvious he can be his own worse enemy. Just like SP the two can get to cute for their own good. SP just is just better at it
hagan714 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/72619-new-orleans-saints-rebuilding-defense-one-layer-time.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-30-2015 02:45 PM 6
New Orleans Saints rebuilding defense one layer at a time This thread Refback 05-30-2015 02:19 PM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts