Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Re-watched the game:Observations

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 Our defense is finally getting healthy. I'm more confident they'll figure things out and start holding teams around 20pts. My biggest concern remains the O line. Brees could have easily lost 3 INTs last night due ...

Like Tree65Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 07:19 PM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,980
Re: Re-watched the game:Observations

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Our defense is finally getting healthy. I'm more confident they'll figure things out and start holding teams around 20pts.

My biggest concern remains the O line.

Brees could have easily lost 3 INTs last night due to pressure.

The offense is my worry. And I hear people saying we're two years away. If we had a solid offense we could get it done this year. We won't have a schedule like this in a while. And a great defense isn't guaranteed 13 wins against the NFC North and AFC East divisions in 2017.

The oline is probably gonna be inconsistent from week to week so the way to offset that is weeding out the bad seeds on offense. With Cooks drawing top coverage, Colston's mistakes we cannot afford. We should not live and die with Colston. Snead needs to start getting looks in the redzone so our drives do not stall.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 10-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,560
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Re-watched the game:Observations

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
True, but I think we also dropped 2 picks last night.

And 2 of Dallas' drops wouldn't even have been possible if not for defensive holding.
They weren't holding the O lineman!!
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 10-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 4,839
Re: Re-watched the game:Observations

I'm concerned about a lot of things especially looking at an OT win at home vs a team minus its best player, QB, stud MLB and a few others

O-line really got pushed back all night and was I surprised Brees didn't go down more or have 3-4 picks

What the hell was with the defensive penalties? I'm not a Browner fan. Don't if we more later, but at one point they said we had 6 def penalties for first downs
RailBoss and Rugby Saint II like this.
ScottF is offline  
Old 10-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #14
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,413
Re: Re-watched the game:Observations

It's a start. We still have to answer a lot of questions.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 10-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #15
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 297
Re: Re-watched the game:Observations

Snead's rapid improvement will help Cooks. I think Cooks will have a big second half of the year when teams realise Snead's threat.
Saint in Aus is offline  
Old 10-05-2015, 11:42 PM   #16
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 15,274
Blog Entries: 45
Re: Re-watched the game:Observations

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
I'm concerned about a lot of things especially looking at an OT win at home vs a team minus its best player, QB, stud MLB and a few others

O-line really got pushed back all night and was I surprised Brees didn't go down more or have 3-4 picks

What the hell was with the defensive penalties? I'm not a Browner fan. Don't if we more later, but at one point they said we had 6 def penalties for first downs
Yeah but this same team of Cowboys blew open to a 21 point lead on Atlanta and lost. They ran all over the Falcons - supposedly the hyped cinderella team. Romo or not, Dallas has a big o-line and big d-line. Falcons didn't blow them out "Romo-less" nor did we.

Penalties - we have a LOT of rookies starting. Browner - he came from the Pats knowing 1) he makes 1 or 2 key plays per game, and 2) he commits about 2 key penalties per game.

hagan714 and Rugby Saint II like this.
Halo is online now  
Old 10-06-2015, 12:02 AM   #17
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,609
Re: Re-watched the game:Observations

I hate to be a debbie downer cuz I'm grateful for the win, but if romo and dez were playing even against our healthiest defense, it wouldnt have been close

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
darstep and skymike like this.
44Champs is online now  
Old 10-06-2015, 12:17 AM   #18
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 3,226
Re: Re-watched the game:Observations

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
I'm concerned about a lot of things especially looking at an OT win at home vs a team minus its best player, QB, stud MLB and a few others

O-line really got pushed back all night and was I surprised Brees didn't go down more or have 3-4 picks

What the hell was with the defensive penalties? I'm not a Browner fan. Don't if we more later, but at one point they said we had 6 def penalties for first downs
Those penalties kept our D on the field repeatedly and kept the Cows in the game, against better teams we are toast. It appears that's the way Browner plays and he becomes more of a liability.
RailBoss is offline  
Old 10-06-2015, 04:45 AM   #19
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 6,409
Re: Re-watched the game:Observations

Originally Posted by 44Champs View Post
I hate to be a debbie downer cuz I'm grateful for the win, but if romo and dez were playing even against our healthiest defense, it wouldnt have been close

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Yeah and if we would have had the Dome Patrol on defence Romo would have crapped his pants. Coulda woulda shoulda.

You can only beat the team that you play everything else is just speculation.
Halo, Rugby Saint II and ctsaint01 like this.
Crusader is offline  
Old 10-06-2015, 06:09 AM   #20
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,106
Re: Re-watched the game:Observations

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Yeah but this same team of Cowboys blew open to a 21 point lead on Atlanta and lost. They ran all over the Falcons - supposedly the hyped cinderella team. Romo or not, Dallas has a big o-line and big d-line. Falcons didn't blow them out "Romo-less" nor did we.

Penalties - we have a LOT of rookies starting. Browner - he came from the Pats knowing 1) he makes 1 or 2 key plays per game, and 2) he commits about 2 key penalties per game.

Browner had a solid play on that stop.
spkb25 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/74486-re-watched-game-observations.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Re-watched the game:Observations This thread Refback 10-05-2015 04:59 PM 8
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 10-05-2015 04:24 PM 4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts