Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints vs Mularkey

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; ...

Like Tree21Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2015, 11:02 PM   #11
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,478
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Saints vs Mularkey

hagan714 likes this.
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 06:50 AM   #12
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,776
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Saints vs Mularkey

Originally Posted by RailBoss View Post
malarkey
/məˈlɑːkɪ/
noun
1.
(slang) nonsense; rubbish
Word Origin
C20: of unknown origin
... that's what I was thinking the thread was about, ... I'm gonna' have brush up on my NFL coaches, .

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
I wouldn't be that dismissive of Mularkey...he's not your run-of-the-mill Interim Head Coach. He's been a HC twice already at Buffalo & Jacksonville.

This is probably his last HC shot...don't count out a desperate man with an underdog 1-6 Titans team.
Applying that logic, Jim Caldwell's got to be scaring the shiot out of you guys, .
hagan714 likes this.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 4,839
Re: Saints vs Mularkey

Mularkey can play it one of two ways:
go for broke, nothing to lose, take a lot of chances, OR
play like you are going to be there next year, conservative, smart

hopefully for us it will be the latter
ScottF is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #14
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,764
Re: Saints vs Mularkey

This has trap game written all over it
nutria likes this.
73Saint is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #15
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 3,264
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Saints vs Mularkey

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
I wouldn't be that dismissive of Mularkey...he's not your run-of-the-mill Interim Head Coach. He's been a HC twice already at Buffalo & Jacksonville.

This is probably his last HC shot...don't count out a desperate man with an underdog 1-6 Titans team.
14-18 record Buffalo
2-14 when he was at Jacksonville....

He is 16-32 career overall, as a head coach, and you're scared of him? What exactly has he done as a coach or coordinator, that has impressed you? Has he been anything other than run-of-the-mill in any of these places? Yeah he won some with the Steelers with Cowher a long time ago but their record went progressively backwards every year he was OC. /shrugs/
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 12:19 PM   #16
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,470
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Saints vs Mularkey

Hopefully our guys consistently beat the man in front of him, play solid special teams, limit the big play bomb & we got this.
K Major is online now  
Old 11-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #17
SaintSince67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PortCity
Posts: 2,010
Re: Saints vs Mularkey

Originally Posted by homerj07 View Post
We have a defense?
According to the payroll we do...
darstep is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 01:48 PM   #18
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,221
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints vs Mularkey

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
14-18 record Buffalo
2-14 when he was at Jacksonville....

He is 16-32 career overall, as a head coach, and you're scared of him?
This

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
Mularkey can play it one of two ways:
go for broke, nothing to lose, take a lot of chances, OR
play like you are going to be there next year, conservative, smart
Teams like this on the road beat overconfident, picked-to-win teams in their house. We'd better check ourselves.
Barry from MS is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 11:42 PM   #19
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,478
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Saints vs Mularkey

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Hopefully our guys consistently beat the man in front of him, play solid special teams, limit the big play bomb & we got this.
K, are sure that's all we got to do?!?

jeanpierre is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/75090-saints-vs-mularkey.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 11-04-2015 12:51 PM 5
Saints vs Mularkey This thread Refback 11-04-2015 12:31 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts