Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

What we learned from Saints' win vs. Texans

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Lots of broken tackles up the middle. Those things will improve now that the real hitting has begun....

Like Tree28Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 07:38 AM   #11
Threaded by cmike
100th Post
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulfport
Posts: 296

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Lots of broken tackles up the middle. Those things will improve now that the real hitting has begun.
Views: 654
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #12
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulfport
Posts: 296
Re: What we learned from Saints' win vs. Texans

Apple played to good game, only to get beat once on a circus catch.
cmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:45 AM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,284
Re: What we learned from Saints' win vs. Texans

Considering game 1 has become something of a 5th preseason game, I’m pretty satisfied. The bad things can and will be corrected.
WillMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:52 AM   #14
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 13,224
Blog Entries: 1
Re: What we learned from Saints' win vs. Texans

6 sacks.

That pass rush was there last night ... consistently. Watson took a beating. Credit the pure athletic ability for him to move outside the pocket and create things running. Trust me, that will get cleaned up.

It's just the referee's you can't clean up.
jnormand likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:08 AM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,344
Re: What we learned from Saints' win vs. Texans

-Brees, Thomas, Kamara, and Jordan are beasts.
-Lutz and Morstead are the best duo in the NFL.
-Cook was a huge signing.
-The OL is the truth.
-Davis is the truth.
-Ginn still has it.
-It looks like Hendrickson is ready to realize his potential.
-Murray played well.
-Klien made some plays.
-T. Hill with a great catch.
-High effort all around.

-Onyemata was missed.
-Davenport was over matched, ineffective, and out of position often.
-Lattimore was scuffed up by one of the best.
-Announcers pegged PJ. Good in short area and around the line. Not good deep and against speed.
-Coach still occasionally misses on situations. 2nd and 3 after a Kamara run. Pass, pass punt. Also, pass dominant is the first half = 3 points.

1-0 with a lot of positives and a lot of coachable moments.
SmashMouth likes this.
Cruize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:23 AM   #16
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 13,224
Blog Entries: 1
Re: What we learned from Saints' win vs. Texans

Originally Posted by Cruize View Post


-Davenport was over matched, ineffective, and out of position often.
False. Go back and watch the game ... Tunsil poked him in the eye early on but Davenport was effective last night.

Not sure how much you watch other teams in the past but Tunsil is a very good tackle.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:27 AM   #17
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,860
Re: What we learned from Saints' win vs. Texans

Originally Posted by Cruize View Post
-Brees, Thomas, Kamara, and Jordan are beasts.
-Lutz and Morstead are the best duo in the NFL.
-Cook was a huge signing.
-The OL is the truth.
-Davis is the truth.
-Ginn still has it.
-It looks like Hendrickson is ready to realize his potential.
-Murray played well.
-Klien made some plays.
-T. Hill with a great catch.
-High effort all around.

-Onyemata was missed.
-Davenport was over matched, ineffective, and out of position often.
-Lattimore was scuffed up by one of the best.
-Announcers pegged PJ. Good in short area and around the line. Not good deep and against speed.
-Coach still occasionally misses on situations. 2nd and 3 after a Kamara run. Pass, pass punt. Also, pass dominant is the first half = 3 points.

1-0 with a lot of positives and a lot of coachable moments.
Good list, I'll add that I missed seeing Hangry Ingram bouncing around. (Didn't think I would)
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:44 AM   #18
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 29,964
Blog Entries: 29
Re: What we learned from Saints' win vs. Texans

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
6 sacks.

That pass rush was there last night ... consistently. Watson took a beating. Credit the pure athletic ability for him to move outside the pocket and create things running. Trust me, that will get cleaned up.

It's just the referee's you can't clean up.
Are we really on pace for 96 sacks this year?
saintfan likes this.
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:54 AM   #19
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,765
Blog Entries: 3
Re: What we learned from Saints' win vs. Texans

Clean up the mistakes and we win that game going away.
saintsfan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #20
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 29,964
Blog Entries: 29
Re: What we learned from Saints' win vs. Texans

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Clean up the mistakes and we win that game going away.
We allowed 180 yards rushing... that's too much.
Stat sheet shows a Kamara fumble, but he was ruled down. Not sure why the stat sheet is inaccurate.
MT was 10 of 13 targets. Hopkins was way worse percentage wise.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401128021
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts