Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

did anyone here see

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by saintz08 Brooks inconsistency and inflated stats is one of the most consistent thoughts about a single player on a fan forums around the league . This post is from a Panther Board , but it usually reads ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2005, 01:48 PM   #11
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 602
Originally Posted by saintz08
Brooks inconsistency and inflated stats is one of the most consistent thoughts about a single player on a fan forums around the league .

This post is from a Panther Board , but it usually reads the same with the name Griese , Delhomme or Vick as the top quarterback .....

Aaron Brooks is one of the most inconsistent quarterbacks in the NFL; as far as an all-around QB goes, Delhomme is far and away the best in the NFC South. NOT Vick. Delhomme's got more heart and more drive than Brooks and Vick combined. Brooks wouldn't be anything without Horn and Stallworth to catch his passes. I'd take one Jake Delhomme over a hundred Aaron Brooks. The only reason Brooks's numbers have been good is because they're always playing from behind and he's got good receivers.

WELL IMAGINE THAT!!! Someone from a PANTHERS board saying JAKE is the best!!!! I'D HAVE NEVER GUESSED IT!!!

This might come as a shock to some of you guys....but not every NFL fan critiques their QBs beyond reason, wishes injury on him, and goes out of their way to bash him at every turn (even if it means spreading information that isn't quite accurate).

Personally, I commend that Panthers fan for sticking up for his quarterback.
TheGambler is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 08-21-2005, 12:09 AM   #12
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 145
Re: RE: did anyone here see

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper
... did anyone here see during Thursday's game when they put up that stat, that the New Orleans Saints were the only team in 2004 not to score a single point in any one of their opening drives? Or how they got outscore by like a gazillion points to 20 in the 1st quarter?

Oh yea, I guess that was all AB's fault too. (could'nt of been our predictibilty, or all our pre snap penelties, or our sorry line). I dont get you haters, we got a killer QB (prob the best since Archie) and all ya'll do is HATE. Plus, even the year Deuce ran for over 1600 yds, AB still had 24 tds and only 8 ints, so how could his stats be inflated with a running game like that ? (someone will find a reason im sure)
natedogg02 is offline  
Old 08-21-2005, 12:44 AM   #13
Breakin Records
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Deville, Louisiana
Posts: 1,662
RE: Re: RE: did anyone here see

Should have been a touchdown not a field goal after the interception.... A think scoring on the first drive is a TOUCHDOWN not a field goal..... i mean im tired of us kickin field goals all the time .. its time to turn the field goals in to touchdowns....
AllSaints is offline  
Old 08-21-2005, 01:09 AM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,800
RE: Re: RE: did anyone here see

Well no doubt, of course. I'd love to see more touchdowns after turnovers.

But don't disregard the obvious here - we sucked throughout first quarters pretty much all of last year. But THIS time, we kept up for the most part -- scored early, scored often. Really, that's not a bad turnaround, considering where we were last year.

Even if they were field goals instead of touchdowns.
LordOfEntropy is offline  
Old 08-21-2005, 03:23 AM   #15
Logic Troll
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southern Louisiana
Posts: 558
Originally Posted by TheGambler
This might come as a shock to some of you guys....but not every NFL fan critiques their QBs beyond reason, wishes injury on him, and goes out of their way to bash him at every turn (even if it means spreading information that isn't quite accurate).

Personally, I commend that Panthers fan for sticking up for his quarterback.

You are correct, because not every NFL has a fumbling bafoon, who needs to break a leg sometime SOON (Not to mention that he is ugly and so is his mama). Just us Saints Fans. Okay, probably Baltimore too. But neither Kyle Boller, nor his lovely mother, are ugly.
Memnoch_TP is offline  
Old 08-21-2005, 03:26 AM   #16
Logic Troll
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southern Louisiana
Posts: 558
Re: RE: did anyone here see

Originally Posted by natedogg02
Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper
... did anyone here see during Thursday's game when they put up that stat, that the New Orleans Saints were the only team in 2004 not to score a single point in any one of their opening drives? Or how they got outscore by like a gazillion points to 20 in the 1st quarter?

Oh yea, I guess that was all AB's fault too. (could'nt of been our predictibilty, or all our pre snap penelties, or our sorry line). I dont get you haters, we got a killer QB (prob the best since Archie) and all ya'll do is HATE. Plus, even the year Deuce ran for over 1600 yds, AB still had 24 tds and only 8 ints, so how could his stats be inflated with a running game like that ? (someone will find a reason im sure)
You are damned right I found a reason. Try 14 fumbles, 11 of which were lost.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -- Douglas Adams.
Memnoch_TP is offline  
Old 08-21-2005, 04:53 AM   #17
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,371
Re: RE: did anyone here see

Originally Posted by natedogg02
Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper
... did anyone here see during Thursday's game when they put up that stat, that the New Orleans Saints were the only team in 2004 not to score a single point in any one of their opening drives? Or how they got outscore by like a gazillion points to 20 in the 1st quarter?

Oh yea, I guess that was all AB's fault too. (could'nt of been our predictibilty, or all our pre snap penelties, or our sorry line). I dont get you haters, we got a killer QB (prob the best since Archie) and all ya'll do is HATE. Plus, even the year Deuce ran for over 1600 yds, AB still had 24 tds and only 8 ints, so how could his stats be inflated with a running game like that ? (someone will find a reason im sure)
Hate?!?!? Lil' too strong a word there... actually, it is sort of amusing to see the "support" of some fans towards Brooks... you have no issue calling the o-line "sorry... What, aren't you a an of the Saints? Why the hate towards the o-line? How sorry can the o-line be if Brooks is putting such great numbers?? Oh, yeah, it's the greatness that is Brooks at QB...

... so the original post showed some stats comparing the numbers of certain QB's.. so what? Stats are for baseball and fantasy football... what's the implication of comparing the stats of Peyton Manning with those of Brooks? That Brooks compares to Manning as a QB? Brooks is not even close to being the QB that Manning is, and will never be... Brooks cannot even top Vick, and Vick is not a good QB; he can't top Delhomme, and Delhomme ain't exactly Tom Brady;


.. so stop hating on the o-line and the defense... support your team!!!!!!!
Tobias-Reiper is online now  
Old 08-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #18
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 602
Originally Posted by Memnoch_TP
You are correct, because not every NFL has a fumbling bafoon, who needs to break a leg sometime SOON (Not to mention that he is ugly and so is his mama). Just us Saints Fans.
This whole thing started when a Panthers fan praised Jake....and I chimed in that I enjoyed seeing a fan actually get behind their QB, which is something that not every fan does. So you say WELL NOT EVERY TEAM HAS A FUMBLING BAFOON FOR A QB.


The uneducated fan....that would make a great documentary title for A & E. Let's look at both JAKE and Aaron:


2003:

Brooks:

Fumbles--14 total, 11 lost (agreed, this was bad...it was also 2 years ago)

Interceptions-- 8

Total turnovers combined: 19


Delhomme:

Fumbles-- 15 total, 6 lost

Interceptions: 16

Total turnovers combined: 22


2004:

Brooks:

Fumbles--13 total, 2 lost

Interceptions-- 16

Total turnovers combined: 18


Delhomme:

Fumbles-- 12 total, 5 lost

Interceptions: 15

Total turnovers combined: 20


CONCLUSION: In 2004, Aaron actually had 3 less lost fumbles than Jake.

Both years, Aaron has had less total turnovers than Jake.


Now....are you going to continue living in the past and continue to look stupid, or do you plan to learn, grow and prosper?
TheGambler is offline  
Old 08-21-2005, 09:28 AM   #19
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,553
I'm speechless... was that even necessary?
papz is offline  
Old 08-21-2005, 10:33 AM   #20
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 145
I think AB has only had a fumbling problem that one yr (2003), and i think he's taken care of that. (2004 could've had something to do with us having a new center) (and i think that will be better this yr too). The O-Line should be better also, (as far as me hating on the o-line, V Riley just went down hill and L Bentley moving to center could've been the reason for the bad play.)
Reading this and some other topic's on this site, its easy to see why we have such a bad home record,
its cause everyone has such negativity, The bottom line is, when ur down by 17 in the 4th, its up to us to cheer on the QB the O-line the Defense and let them know we still have there back, Its up to us to pump them up and fill them with positivity. So im gonna quit talking bad about anything our TEAM has done, and cheer all them for what there gonna do this yr. Is everyone with me
natedogg02 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts