Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Whats up Saints Nation!

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Hey everyone, wanted to say hello and take a moment to introduce myself. I really dont have a favorite team in the NFL anymore. I was a huge fan of the Dallas Cowboys for many years. Not that I dont ...

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #1
Rookie

Whats up Saints Nation!

Hey everyone, wanted to say hello and take a moment to introduce myself. I really dont have a favorite team in the NFL anymore. I was a huge fan of the Dallas Cowboys for many years. Not that I dont like them anymore, but I find myself enjoying the play of many teams nowadays. Execution, intensity, and being physical is what I like to see in a football team.

I have done photo work for the Cowboys, and have shot their training camps in Oxnard since 04'. I recently had the pleasure of photographing the Saints.

It truly was a pleasure to see how appreciative the Saints are of their fans. Drew Brees was especially impressive. He and Coach Payton were the last ones in after practices. They would spend hours autographing for fans. Making sure they took the time to get everyone.

Heres an example of what I saw from Drew. He went down the sideline fence signing for the fans, at least a few hundred there. Then he ran over to the handicapped area and signed for the fans there. Spending time to speak with a little girl in a body cast. This was truly an impressive sight. He then went back to the sideline fence and signed again.

You would think that was enough, especially after practice, where he even worked with the receivers after practice. Drew was not finished.

He then graciously let two 12-14 year old kids interview him for a nearby high school project. One of the questions, was what advice he would give kids playing football. His answer was inspirational. He urged the kids to know all the positions on the field, and stressed the importance of being a team mate. He then went to the VIP area and signed. Still not done, he then signed for every child in the autograph area meant for kids, easily two hundred again.

During the time he was signing, he would take the time to be genuine, and not the typical diva attitude I have seen from some players. This coming from an elite player in this league, not to mention a past Super Bowl MVP. Absolutely an outstanding individual.

He did this type of signing period everyday after camp.

By the way, hours after practice was over, he and Coach Payton were riding together in a cart towards the offices. Talking football. Talking about dedication.

The talk among the staff for the field. The Saints team was a huge welcomed difference from that of the Dallas Cowboys.

From staff, to player, to coach, to owner...a great organization.

If you guys care to take a moment to view some photos from my four days there, click the link.

curtisk's Photos | SmugMug

You can download the photos for free. Any size from small to original size. Enjoy and let me know what you think.
Closed Thread