Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Defending the Realm in East Texas

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Thank god I found this place. Lived in Texas my whole life and been a Saints fan for 30 years. Ever try talking football to a Cowboys fan???? Yikes! The words "America's Team" make me nauseous every time I hear ...

Like Tree5Likes

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Rookie

Defending the Realm in East Texas

Thank god I found this place. Lived in Texas my whole life and been a Saints fan for 30 years. Ever try talking football to a Cowboys fan???? Yikes! The words "America's Team" make me nauseous every time I hear them. God Bless the Who Dat Nation. Anyone one else living over here and having to deal with the Prima Donna Nation? lol
Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
1000 Posts +

Welcome 1096. You've found a good home.
I know what you mean about the Cowturd fans. I'm entrenched on the front lines of Cowboy country in Northwest Louisiana.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
Site Donor MONTHLY

WELCOME ABOARD!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
E. Side Cholo

Where you at in East Texas, Jaymo?
How old are ye?
How did you come to be a Saints fan?

Im a Bum refugee from 1981. The Saints were my old Oilers, at the same time I moved to the State Line & got a Louisiana job. I lived in deep East Texas 7 years. The Cowboy thing was so bad in NWLA, I thought I was the only Saints fan in Louisiana. I know what its like to be surrounded by pine trees and Cowboy fans. I actually like the trees and lakes, but had to move to Houston, when I made the big leagues of my job.

Ever since I saw my 1st heartbreaking, logic-defying, come from ahead loss, I've been a crazy fan. Dont believe me, look at my house, my truck, my wardrobe. And N.O. is our 2nd home now.

Me and Hulka especially want to know more about you.

welcome!

Last edited by skymike; 05-11-2011 at 08:49 AM..
Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
Deuce

When was the last time the 'Boys won anything? When did the Oilers ever win anything? When will the Texans ever win anything? Do the Astros still play in Houston? Oh yeah...Texas was suppose to win the World Series going away...just wasn't in the cards. It never is in the cards anymore. I guess the 'Boys used up all the luck for another century.

I just wonder sometimes if the Texans or Cowboys ever got good...would things get just a little quieter around here?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
E. Side Cholo

I wore Saints gear when the Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls.
Halo and Rugby Saint II like this.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
Deuce

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
I wore Saints gear when the Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls.
OK, Mike...I'm getting over my depression. I've been back from Korea for a while, looks like I got a new gig that will allow me to live here...won't have to go back to Korea...so...sorry for all the stuff I put you through. It was a lot, mostly, (maybe all) me.

So...I am going to assume that I am forgiven...and we can go back to chiding each other?

With that in mind...don't people from Houston hate Dallas? (ducking for cover!)
Halo likes this.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
12,000 BS Posts

Yea... We feel for you. Stick around a while.
Management has some great ideas for the future of this site.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
E. Side Cholo

Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
OK, Mike...I'm getting over my depression. I've been back from Korea for a while, looks like I got a new gig that will allow me to live here...won't have to go back to Korea...so...sorry for all the stuff I put you through. It was a lot, mostly, (maybe all) me.

So...I am going to assume that I am forgiven...and we can go back to chiding each other?

With that in mind...don't people from Houston hate Dallas? (ducking for cover!)
I am always open to reconcilliation, and getting along. I told you when we were fighting I thought you are a great poster, and I meant it. I hope your work brings you to Texas some time. I'd like to show you my Wall O' Saints, my Mardi Gras bathroom, and a few dozen good friends dressed just like me. (in black and gold) (and they were dressed like that long before the Saints ever won anything, as was I.)
Saint_LB likes this.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #10
Deuce

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
I am always open to reconcilliation, and getting along. I told you when we were fighting I thought you are a great poster, and I meant it. I hope your work brings you to Texas some time. I'd like to show you my Wall O' Saints, my Mardi Gras bathroom, and a few dozen good friends dressed just like me. (in black and gold) (and they were dressed like that long before the Saints ever won anything, as was I.)
I think you're "full o' crap"...
Closed Thread