Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Hello from San Diego

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Hi all, I figured I might as well join a forum of Saints fans as my trajectory these last few years has brought me closer and closer to this team sine "adopting" them in 2005 in the wake of Hurricane ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SDSaintsFan

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Rookie

Hello from San Diego

Hi all,

I figured I might as well join a forum of Saints fans as my trajectory these last few years has brought me closer and closer to this team sine "adopting" them in 2005 in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Being an SD transplant meant I never totally considered the Chargers "my team" but I did like Drew Brees. When he went to the Saints along with Sean Payton in 2006, it just seemed a natural fit and, ups and downs aside, I bleed black and gold now. I travelled to NOLA last year and watched our boys whoop the eventual champion Giants and wow, the Superdome is hands down the best place to watch a football game ever and you guys all rock! Everyone at the game was extremely nice to me and it felt great to join in some hearty "WHO DAT" chants too.

I'm toying with the notion of starting my own Saints-themed podcast, and it would seem odd seeing as how we're toward the end of the season but the way I see it, this year, the end of the season is just the beginning of the Saints drama, especially when you consider the Super Bowl, etc. I guess I'd ask: is there room for such a thing around these parts? I would want to, say, open a chat during the show and take some comments directly, maybe even in threads here. I want to build it grassroots style and I'd need other fans to do it. Let's see what everyone thinks of that. Anything to represent the Saints!

WHO DAT

Glad to be here.
joker-saint likes this.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Site Donor 2015

Re: Hello from San Diego

Welcome
Old 12-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
10000 POST CLUB

Welcome to B&G!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Faqda Falcons

Welcome aboard! Stay classy!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #5
SoCal Saint

welcome welcome...ever go to kristy's?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
100th Post

Talking Re: Hello from San Diego

Originally Posted by SDSaintsFan View Post
Hi all,

I figured I might as well join a forum of Saints fans as my trajectory these last few years has brought me closer and closer to this team sine "adopting" them in 2005 in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Being an SD transplant meant I never totally considered the Chargers "my team" but I did like Drew Brees. When he went to the Saints along with Sean Payton in 2006, it just seemed a natural fit and, ups and downs aside, I bleed black and gold now. I travelled to NOLA last year and watched our boys whoop the eventual champion Giants and wow, the Superdome is hands down the best place to watch a football game ever and you guys all rock! Everyone at the game was extremely nice to me and it felt great to join in some hearty "WHO DAT" chants too.

I'm toying with the notion of starting my own Saints-themed podcast, and it would seem odd seeing as how we're toward the end of the season but the way I see it, this year, the end of the season is just the beginning of the Saints drama, especially when you consider the Super Bowl, etc. I guess I'd ask: is there room for such a thing around these parts? I would want to, say, open a chat during the show and take some comments directly, maybe even in threads here. I want to build it grassroots style and I'd need other fans to do it. Let's see what everyone thinks of that. Anything to represent the Saints!

WHO DAT

Glad to be here.

Its a pleasure to have you aboard SDSaintsFan. I like you idea about the podcast. Podcast has always been a very fun and interactive way to chat with the rest of the fan base and get some different point of views on what is actually going on with the team. One of your hot topics should be are the Saints going to trade Ivory, or is he going to continue to be an important part of the run game? Assuming he can stay healthy, what would that mean for the Saints if they don't retain him? What team would he most likely wind up with? I am thinking one in the AFC so that the Saints don't have to try to stop him. All in all, I would like to see him stay, but I beleive this to be a far fetched idea as the backfield is way to crowded as it is. Welcome aboard SDSaintsFan!!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
Site Donor 2015

Hi
Let us know if you start a podcast,I'm always looking for stuff to listen to when I'm supposed to be working.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #8

Welcome ! Do you know BOLTS4LIFE.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #9
Rookie

Originally Posted by QBREES9 View Post
Welcome ! Do you know BOLTS4LIFE.
Is BOLS4LIFE a poster here? If so, no. If not, no also.

Thanks for the welcome guys. The podcast is something I just might do seeing as how it's going to be a dramatic offseason.
Closed Thread