Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints Select LB Pete Werner in the 2nd Round

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; YouTube (Short URL) YouTube (Short URL)...

Like Tree42Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2021, 09:29 PM   #21
Threaded by SmashMouth
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 28,857

Blog Entries: 29
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Views: 1446
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:26 PM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,006
Re: Saints Select LB Pete Werner in the 2nd Round

Day 2 was much better than Day 1.
hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 01:10 AM   #23
Mother's Day 21
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 352
Re: Saints Select LB Pete Werner in the 2nd Round

Glad he is with the team. Needed a LB. And really needed one very bad. Welcome to the team!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:03 AM   #24
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 28,857
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Saints Select LB Pete Werner in the 2nd Round

SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:14 AM   #25
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 17,705
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints Select LB Pete Werner in the 2nd Round

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
Hmm these guys don't seem to be dialed in on him as a 2nd round selection huh?

Hopefully Werner is better than Anzalone & Baun. Especially taken that high in the draft.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:40 AM   #26
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 2,855
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Saints Select LB Pete Werner in the 2nd Round

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Hmm these guys don't seem to be dialed in on him as a 2nd round selection huh?

Hopefully Werner is better than Anzalone & Baun. Especially taken that high in the draft.
The jury is still out on Baun, to be fair. No OTA's. Weird training camp.



And Anzalone... Big ol' tease.
darksoul35 likes this.
iceshack149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:44 AM   #27
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 10,414
Re: Saints Select LB Pete Werner in the 2nd Round

This guy is a two down Mike. I dont get it. Hes essentially Anzalone without the hair.
MarchingOn likes this.
ChrisXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:08 AM   #28
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 28,857
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Saints Select LB Pete Werner in the 2nd Round

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Hmm these guys don't seem to be dialed in on him as a 2nd round selection huh?

Hopefully Werner is better than Anzalone & Baun. Especially taken that high in the draft.
Well, they keep saying they keep underestimating him. He was the most productive LB of the group at THE Ohio St U, and he plays all three spots.

How does Luke Kuechly compare ?

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=8704
https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php...DraftYear=2021

Looks like the measurables are close. So do we have a Luke Kuechly on our hands since this dude is so smart?

Someone please remind me... was Luke Kuechly any good?
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 01:11 PM   #29
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 17,705
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints Select LB Pete Werner in the 2nd Round

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
Well, they keep saying they keep underestimating him. He was the most productive LB of the group at THE Ohio St U, and he plays all three spots.

How does Luke Kuechly compare ?

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=8704
https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php...DraftYear=2021

Looks like the measurables are close. So do we have a Luke Kuechly on our hands since this dude is so smart?

Someone please remind me... was Luke Kuechly any good?
Luke? I wouldn't go that far. I've read 4th/5th round grades on Werner. Eye ball test for me is meh. If he becomes a force I will say I'm wrong.

It's well past due for the Saints to hit on drafting a linebacker. It's been decades now
SmashMouth likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 01:22 PM   #30
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 12,290
Re: Saints Select LB Pete Werner in the 2nd Round

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Luke? I wouldn't go that far. I've read 4th/5th round grades on Werner. Eye ball test for me is meh. If he becomes a force I will say I'm wrong.

It's well past due for the Saints to hit on drafting a linebacker. It's been decades now
Once again, the real people making the real picks are what determines the draft order. Not some outsider coming up with their order. If a team has 8 picks in the first three rounds and none after do they ignore a player they have targeted since before the draft because Mel McShay has him as a 5th rounder?

Does that make sense?
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts