Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Payton goes to the Broncos!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Glad we got a 1st at least....

Like Tree159Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2023, 05:39 PM   #41
Threaded by rezburna
5000 POSTS! +
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 6,838

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Glad we got a 1st at least.
Views: 2357
Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Puck the Fro Browl! Last Blog: 02-05-2023 By: neugey




This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Old 01-31-2023, 05:44 PM   #42
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,016
Re: Payton goes to the Broncos!

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
We know where MT is going.
OFF THE BENCH? OUT OF THE HOT TUB? PERFECT TIMING!
halloween 65 likes this.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:47 PM   #43
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: Payton goes to the Broncos!

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
Glad we got a 1st at least.
Yup. I was concerned about that. At least a 2023 1st.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:00 PM   #44
Hu Dat!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,178
Blog Entries: 13
Re: Payton goes to the Broncos!

Oof - yeah glad it's over but the 2024 picks involved make me nervous. If Denver balls out next season and we have a lousy year, those picks will be close to each other and we'll all be punching the air. Should have came away with something additional for this draft, like a 4th or 5th rounder. Doesn't seem like a lot more to ask.

I get that we weren't going to get anything close to the Gruden trade which was a total man-crush and overpay on the Bucs part. But I think we could've gotten a bit more. We're going to need to make this draft count.
AsylumGuido and OldMaid like this.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:12 PM   #45
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: Payton goes to the Broncos!

Originally Posted by neugey View Post
Oof - yeah glad it's over but the 2024 picks involved make me nervous. If Denver balls out next season and we have a lousy year, those picks will be close to each other and we'll all be punching the air. Should have came away with something additional for this draft, like a 4th or 5th rounder. Doesn't seem like a lot more to ask.

I get that we weren't going to get anything close to the Gruden trade which was a total man-crush and overpay on the Bucs part. But I think we could've gotten a bit more. We're going to need to make this draft count.
Yeah. Like I was saying all along, the Saints had very little leverage. They were limited to the team Payton picked. The team he picked had several other choices that wouldn't have cost them any picks. We did well to get what we did.
OldMaid likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:37 PM   #46
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 11,547
Re: Payton goes to the Broncos!

Saints deal Sean Payton to the Denver Broncos for a 7th round pick.

Thatís what the headline would be if the Saints had no to little leverage. Let that resonate with you over time and one of these days, youíll get it.

We got bluffed IMO. Itís not a horrible deal, but we did not extract maximum value in fear of getting nothing back in return.
papz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:46 PM   #47
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 23,966
Re: Payton goes to the Broncos!

Oh Boy, well good for him. QB in the first round or what?
SmashMouth and OldMaid like this.
QBREES9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:03 PM   #48
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,211
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Payton goes to the Broncos!

Done. Now on to the offseason.
OldMaid likes this.
saintsfan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:08 PM   #49
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver>Memphis>Mississippi
Posts: 642
Re: Payton goes to the Broncos!

Originally Posted by papz View Post
Saints deal Sean Payton to the Denver Broncos for a 7th round pick.

Thatís what the headline would be if the Saints had no to little leverage. Let that resonate with you over time and one of these days, youíll get it.

We got bluffed IMO. Itís not a horrible deal, but we did not extract maximum value in fear of getting nothing back in return.
Why is it everyone else feels we got too much for a coach? Only people that think we got hosed is unsurprisingly a handful of Saints fans. You do the math.
shawnkytonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:31 PM   #50
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: Payton goes to the Broncos!

Originally Posted by shawnkytonk View Post
Why is it everyone else feels we got too much for a coach? Only people that think we got hosed is unsurprisingly a handful of Saints fans. You do the math.
Right there with you, shawnky. We got a fair value.
OldMaid likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts