New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule (https://blackandgold.com/saints/92423-2019-new-orleans-saints-schedule.html)

jeanpierre 02-03-2019 02:05 PM

2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 

jeanpierre 02-03-2019 02:06 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 

jeanpierre 02-03-2019 02:06 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 

Rugby Saint II 02-03-2019 04:07 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
:popcorn:

shawnkytonk 02-03-2019 04:15 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Looks like a really tough schedule once again.

blackangold 02-03-2019 04:38 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnkytonk (Post 837365)
Looks like a really tough schedule once again.

Not really...

This schedule looks pretty good to me. Now if you add the fact weíll be playing against the refs too then yes itís tough, hoping this year we pay them off too.

saintsfan1976 02-03-2019 08:02 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Too early to call. Free agency can be a mutha!

jeanpierre 02-04-2019 01:17 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 

jeanpierre 02-04-2019 08:31 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 (Post 837384)
Too early to call. Free agency can be a mutha!

Exactly. Look at what one free agency period and a draft did for us in 2017...

We went from perennial 7-9 to losing a playoff game that even those outside of #WhodatNation felt it kept us from a Superbowl Title...

saintsfan1976 02-04-2019 09:30 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 837473)
Exactly. Look at what one free agency period and a draft did for us in 2017...

We went from perennial 7-9 to losing a playoff game that even those outside of #WhodatNation felt it kept us from a Superbowl Title...

I can't wait to see what FA does to the Rams!

Suh, Anderson, Fwoler, Joyner, Saffold.... just to name a FEW!

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...-players-list/

ScottF 02-04-2019 10:01 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
now that the NFL cannot try and embarrass us by watching the Rams banner drop at the Thursday night opener, I fully expect us to be in LA for the first Monday night game

jeanpierre 02-04-2019 11:06 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 

st thomas 02-04-2019 11:52 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Itís going to be interesting how the zebís are going to treat the saints next season payback for the exposure we brought to the scam by goodell and his plot to garner fans in lambs land that backfired in his face or they will throw leniency flags to show compasion Iíd be careful if I were them cats

saintsfan1976 02-04-2019 11:55 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st thomas (Post 837500)
Itís going to be interesting how the zebís are going to treat the saints next season payback for the exposure we brought to the scam by goodell and his plot to garner fans in lambs land that backfired in his face or they will throw leniency flags to show compasion Iíd be careful if I were them cats

They'll have the same impact they've always had. A mixture of overreaction and blown calls that change outcomes.

st thomas 02-04-2019 11:59 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 (Post 837501)
They'll have the same impact they've always had. A mixture of overreaction and blown calls that change outcomes.



But they threw flags all season for all of nothing petty hand touching flags flew , then they u no the rest of the story the biggest stage the history in the making game oty they fold still sick about it

jeanpierre 02-04-2019 12:41 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st thomas (Post 837500)
It’s going to be interesting how the zeb’s are going to treat the saints next season payback for the exposure we brought to the scam by goodell and his plot to garner fans in lambs land that backfired in his face or they will throw leniency flags to show compasion I’d be careful if I were them cats


I say they call the games tighter for the Saints 'cause they'll be worried about a big microscope over them, examining every call...

Why? Because this thing got as much traction outside our market as it did here...

At the very least, the home towns and previous professional affiliations of these officials will be more of a talking point...

And not because Ole' Rodger gives a sh*t about New Orleans, some I-talian folks in New Jersey aren't gonna let that sh*t play out again where they're given back their books money on suspect officiating...

st thomas 02-04-2019 12:49 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 837518)

I say they call the games tighter for the Saints 'cause they'll be worried about a big microscope over them, examining every call...

Why? Because this thing got as much traction outside our market as it did here...

At the very least, the home towns and previous professional affiliations of these officials will be more of a talking point...

And not because Ole' Rodger gives a sh*t about New Orleans, some I-talian folks in New Jersey aren't gonna let that sh*t play out again where they're given back their books money on suspect officiating...



Thatís the one thing I wished would go mainstream that would have Scott Pelli CBS news broadcasting world wide that a sports book gave back money to a fixed game in the NFL Rodger would be our of a job the day latter

jeanpierre 02-05-2019 11:52 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 


...Feb. 19: The franchise/transition period begins...

...Feb. 26-March 4: The scouting combine comes to Indianapolis...

...March 5: The deadline for franchise/transition tags hits at 4 p.m. ET...

...March 11-13: The free-agent negotiation period opens...

...March 13: Now it's official. Flip the calendars because the new league year begins. At 4 p.m. ET, all teams must be under the league's salary-cap ceiling, projected to be between $187 million and $191.1 million....

...March 24-27: Ah, the annual league meeting...

...April 1: The first offseason workouts take place. The NFL's eight teams with new head coaches can begin their offseason programs...

...April 15: The NFL's remaining 24 teams can begin workouts...

...April 25-27: It's draft time! Nashville, Tennessee, is the site for the 2019 event, which for the first time will be telecast on ABC, ESPN and the NFL Network...

Budsdrinker 02-05-2019 12:45 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottF (Post 837485)
now that the NFL cannot try and embarrass us by watching the Rams banner drop at the Thursday night opener, I fully expect us to be in LA for the first Monday night game

I hope not if it's the first Monday night game. We would be part of that stupid double header that doesn't start until 9:00 to give the left coast a prime time game.

jeanpierre 02-05-2019 11:14 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottF (Post 837485)
now that the NFL cannot try and embarrass us by watching the Rams banner drop at the Thursday night opener, I fully expect us to be in LA for the first Monday night game

I'm thinking Sunday Night Football - that's become the prime spot for the premier games - though, I'd prefer Sunday afternoon with Jim Nance and Tony Romo calling the game...

Knowing Goodell, he will have some influence on this one and we will probably open the season with two road games @LosAngelesRams and then @SeattleSeahawks...

ScottF 02-06-2019 10:00 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 837702)
I'm thinking Sunday Night Football - that's become the prime spot for the premier games - though, I'd prefer Sunday afternoon with Jim Nance and Tony Romo calling the game...

Knowing Goodell, he will have some influence on this one and we will probably open the season with two road games @LosAngelesRams and then @SeattleSeahawks...

Prob a topic for a different thread, but LA doesn't look built for the long haul. They play like an All-star team: lots of talent, but no cohesion.
1-0

Seattle in Sept instead of winter? I'd take that
2-0

jeanpierre 02-06-2019 01:06 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottF (Post 837719)
Prob a topic for a different thread, but LA doesn't look built for the long haul. They play like an All-star team: lots of talent, but no cohesion.
1-0

Seattle in Sept instead of winter? I'd take that
2-0

So if we're gonna face 'em, get 'em early? Seems like for years when the Packers, Giants, or Seahawks finished first, we always had to go to their house...

We finished first in the the conference, wth are we going there?!?

I'd rather go to Frisco and 'Zona...

jeanpierre 02-06-2019 11:11 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 

CHA_CHING 02-06-2019 11:13 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
It's too early to determine SOS. We will have to wait until the off season and preseason.

Last year, the Saints had the highest SOS going into the season. It turned out to be not quite as tough as originally projected. This was mostly because Pittsburgh and Minnesota were such disappointments while they were projected to be contenders. Atlanta and Cincy also burned out when they were projected to at least be better than 7-9.

I like the schedule. Hope the Colts and Cowboys match ups in the dome end up being SNF or MNF primetime games.

jeanpierre 02-07-2019 01:05 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHA_CHING (Post 837787)
It's too early to determine SOS. We will have to wait until the off season and preseason.

Last year, the Saints had the highest SOS going into the season. It turned out to be not quite as tough as originally projected. This was mostly because Pittsburgh and Minnesota were such disappointments while they were projected to be contenders. Atlanta and Cincy also burned out when they were projected to at least be better than 7-9.

I like the schedule. Hope the Colts and Cowboys match ups in the dome end up being SNF or MNF primetime games.

Dallas really isn't that good, but scheduling three games within twelve (12) days with that Dallas game, AWAY - Total Horsesh*t!

Judging this schedule, there's some real potential for some major f*ckery from the NFL this year...

Just don't understand how when other teams finish with the best record in the conference we still had to go to their place year after year...

But when we finished with the best conference record, we have to go to Seattle, Chicago, Los Angeles?!?

jeanpierre 02-10-2019 03:15 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottF (Post 837719)
Prob a topic for a different thread, but LA doesn't look built for the long haul. They play like an All-star team: lots of talent, but no cohesion.
1-0

Seattle in Sept instead of winter? I'd take that
2-0

Sort of like our offensive line anchored by Mr. Glass...

jeanpierre 02-21-2019 11:00 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 

K Major 02-21-2019 11:06 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Saint's schedule last year was down right brutal, yet we still won 11 games.

Hopefully the "bulk" of the roster stays in tact. If so, we'll be in good shape to make a another "serious" run, barring any serious injuries.

Not having Rankins for the bulk of this season will suck as well. Gotta find a capable DT in Free Agency.

CHA_CHING 02-23-2019 04:39 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 837842)
Dallas really isn't that good, but scheduling three games within twelve (12) days with that Dallas game, AWAY - Total Horsesh*t!

Judging this schedule, there's some real potential for some major f*ckery from the NFL this year...

Just don't understand how when other teams finish with the best record in the conference we still had to go to their place year after year...

But when we finished with the best conference record, we have to go to Seattle, Chicago, Los Angeles?!?

I respectfully disagree on Dallas. That defense has some great young talent and could be a dominant unit under the right coaching staff. They kicked our asses in that game and now that the season is over, we know they were the team that exposed our offense and wrote the blueprint for stopping them. We never recovered back to our dominant form after Dallas whipped them around. Dallas could've been a 12-4 caliber team if they had a better, more component coaching staff. In all 6 of their losses, Garrett got clowned like he usually does (including a shut out loss to a rookie head coach. Garrett has the worst record of active coaches in head to head matches against rookie head coaches. Every year, Dallas gets their doors blown off by some rookie head coach who gives him a wedgie)

Dallas has gotten pretty lucky in recent years with some of their defensive draft picks. They've also got pieces on offense and up until this year, their o-line was pretty good.

Their problem is the same problem it's been in the past years they had solid teams. They are still coached by the same hand clapping doofus. Jason Garrett is currently the longest tenured coach in the NFL who has yet to even reach the NFC title game. Dallas hasn't been back there since 1995. 3 playoff wins since their last SB trip is quite the testament to how far they've fallen into mediocrity under Jerry's ownership.

As long as Garrett is in Dallas, I don't fear them. I hope Jerry keeps him forever cause we have nothing to worry about.

st thomas 02-23-2019 01:32 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 837842)
Dallas really isn't that good, but scheduling three games within twelve (12) days with that Dallas game, AWAY - Total Horsesh*t!



Judging this schedule, there's some real potential for some major f*ckery from the NFL this year...



Just don't understand how when other teams finish with the best record in the conference we still had to go to their place year after year...



But when we finished with the best conference record, we have to go to Seattle, Chicago, Los Angeles?!?



Like going to Minnesota year after year after year?

jeanpierre 02-23-2019 01:36 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
For those into the color rush uniforms...


jeanpierre 02-24-2019 02:03 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Don't get me wrong, I like our color rush uniforms better than all others - I just don't like Nike, NFL creating more uniform schemes...

I'd prefer a Hard Home and Away scheme as well as a Rivalry week Throwback uniform...

skymike 02-24-2019 11:14 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Damn Damn Damn!
I wish Houston was a Road Game.

Whenever we play the Texans, we tailgate that ugly stadium, whatever its called now... (There was nothing wrong with the Astrodome) and we own the parking lot, and it is effectively a 9th Saints home game.

st thomas 02-24-2019 11:20 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skymike (Post 838983)
Damn Damn Damn!

I wish Houston was a Road Game.



Whenever we play the Texans, we tailgate that ugly stadium, whatever its called now... (There was nothing wrong with the Astrodome) and we own the parking lot, and it is effectively a 9th Saints home game.



Wasss up. Skyyyyyyy

st thomas 02-24-2019 11:23 AM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 838972)
Don't get me wrong, I like our color rush uniforms better than all others - I just don't like Nike, NFL creating more uniform schemes...

I'd prefer to a Hard Home and Away scheme as well as a Rivalry week Throwback uniform...



I were holding back on the color rush , kinda waited to hear more from my boys take but Iím breaking out now the rush is the best Iíve ever ever liked. Now itís voted the best of the best in nfl we need to incorporate now

jeanpierre 04-09-2019 02:28 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 

jeanpierre 04-09-2019 02:28 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 

jeanpierre 04-09-2019 03:52 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 

st thomas 04-09-2019 04:03 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 842249)



If they pit bridgewater vs vikes Iíll be excited

CHA_CHING 04-09-2019 08:16 PM

Re: 2019 New Orleans Saints Schedule
 
I never really get into preseason. It's more of evaluation, but I am looking forward to seeing those new Jets uniforms when we play them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com