Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: Saints lost because...
Referees / bad calls 2 4.26%
Coaches / poor playcalling 10 21.28%
Drew Brees and his turnovers 15 31.91%
Will Lutzís missed FG 0 0%
The Viqueens were the better team 13 27.66%
Saints Defense couldnít make stops when needed 4 8.51%
Goodell / part of the Fixed Football League script 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

The Saints lost because...

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by RefsRobbedUs I can't pick one: Kamara is garbage now let him walk in free agency if he wants more than 5m which he will. The OL played terrible. Lutz mr reliable missed a make-able fg. 2 drew ...

Like Tree95Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2020, 04:17 PM   #11
100th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lafayette, La and Valencia CA
Posts: 276
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by RefsRobbedUs View Post
I can't pick one:
Kamara is garbage now let him walk in free agency if he wants more than 5m which he will.
The OL played terrible.
Lutz mr reliable missed a make-able fg.
2 drew turnovers.
Kamara was horrible looks like he is afraid to take the hit to defense so he stalls shuffles his feet goes nowhere but out of bounds. Heís not even attracting much attention from the defense because they can lay back and know that he will not take it to them like Hill does.

Why did it take the play calling 3 quarters to get in to the quick drop 2 sec max ball out passing game that has worked in the past ... when defenses are pressuring constant pressure and he canít step up. I just donít get it .... adapt and overcome.

All this slow developing run and passing scheme cost us today.
WW_Who_Dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:19 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 3,646
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I disagree.
TE Jared Cook has been lights out...... sits on the sidelines until late 4th quarter?

Why?
Poor playbook today.
UK_WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:22 PM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.
Posts: 1,057
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by WW_Who_Dat View Post
Kamara was horrible looks like he is afraid to take the hit to defense so he stalls shuffles his feet goes nowhere but out of bounds. Heís not even attracting much attention from the defense because they can lay back and know that he will not take it to them like Hill does.

Why did it take the play calling 3 quarters to get in to the quick drop 2 sec max ball out passing game that has worked in the past ... when defenses are pressuring constant pressure and he canít step up. I just donít get it .... adapt and overcome.

All this slow developing run and passing scheme cost us today.
We should have kept pounding with Murray. Kamara was playing soft all season.
WHODATINCA likes this.
Rsanders24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:28 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 2,525
Re: The Saints lost because...

Sure Kamara didn’t have a standout season but to say he was the reason we lost is ridiculous. As for Brees, he was garbage. The OL was not stellar in particular Peat. Brees as a veteran should know to protect the ball and not to throw into tight double coverage to Ginn or any other receivers beside Thomas because Thomas will more likely fight to make it a incompletion if he had no chance to make the catch. The throw was unnecessary and the risk was not worth the reward. Instead of competing to win he was competing with the Hill big play. Brees drank the koolaid thinking he gotta carry this team in reality he just needed to manage by throwing short underneath passes which he couldn’t do. BYE BYE Brees and his groupies.
dizzle88 likes this.
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:28 PM   #15
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, AL (via NO and B/R)
Posts: 24,381
Re: The Saints lost because...

We likely win going away if we had Rankins and Davenport. Those two injuries were brutal.

Brees was awful.

That was a push off.

Vikings made fewer mistakes. They were the better team today.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:34 PM   #16
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,139
Re: The Saints lost because...

Kind of a combination but I had to put it on Drew... bright lights come on and he disappears. Time to move on.

2nd for me... too many injuries on D. The line got zero pressure all game and gave up the run all day. We need Davenport and Rankins, those guys play and itís a different game.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:35 PM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C
Posts: 2,016
Re: The Saints lost because...

That TD they didn't get called back where clearly Cook doesn't cross the goal line
Rell&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:36 PM   #18
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C
Posts: 2,016
Re: The Saints lost because...

Now everyone wants Davenport back, naw keep Trey Hendrickson.��
Rell&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:40 PM   #19
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, AL (via NO and B/R)
Posts: 24,381
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by Rell&Gold View Post
Now everyone wants Davenport back, naw keep Trey Hendrickson.��
Davenport is much better against the run than Hendrickson. The combo was working great.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,539
Re: The Saints lost because...

Brees was indecisive all day

OL was garbage

Receivers created zero separation

Kamara has lost his magic

FG miss was costly

Lattimore brain farted


Bright spots:
Davis
T. Hill
J. Jenkins

XLIV CHAMPS
44Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/96714-saints-lost-because.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Enemy Fan Forums: New Orleans Saints | Purple Pain Forums This thread Refback 01-05-2020 10:15 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts