Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: Saints lost because...
Referees / bad calls 2 4.26%
Coaches / poor playcalling 10 21.28%
Drew Brees and his turnovers 15 31.91%
Will Lutzís missed FG 0 0%
The Viqueens were the better team 13 27.66%
Saints Defense couldnít make stops when needed 4 8.51%
Goodell / part of the Fixed Football League script 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

The Saints lost because...

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Danno We likely win going away if we had Rankins and Davenport. Those two injuries were brutal. Brees was awful. That was a push off. Vikings made fewer mistakes. They were the better team today. Iíll say ...

Like Tree95Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2020, 04:44 PM   #21
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.
Posts: 1,068
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
We likely win going away if we had Rankins and Davenport. Those two injuries were brutal.

Brees was awful.

That was a push off.

Vikings made fewer mistakes. They were the better team today.
Iíll say this after playing DB all the way through high school. That was clearly a push off and when you are 6í getting pushed by a 6í6 TE an arms length is a lot of space is created and it also creates a lot of leverage to high point a ball. Itís like making a triangle of space. I am all for letting them play but I hate that a play like that ends a game and for the league to say that itís not even worth a review.
Rsanders24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:47 PM   #22
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Bay
Posts: 3,721
Re: The Saints lost because...

I don't know who that team was today. It wasn't the same team we saw all season. Maybe they looked past the Vikings, like we did against the Falcons. Sometimes ego is your Achilles heel.
Halo, Danno, neugey and 1 others like this.
WHODATINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:49 PM   #23
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,237
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by Rell&Gold View Post
Now everyone wants Davenport back, naw keep Trey Hendrickson.��
Why wouldn't you want Davenport back? He's a vicious run stopper and is above average setting the edge.

Trey is no where near as athletic as MD here. It showed today.
Danno, Rsanders24 and ChrisXVI like this.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:51 PM   #24
Site Donor MONTHLY
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 18,716
Blog Entries: 45
Re: The Saints lost because...

Obviously we spent a lot of time reading and watching our own propaganda before this game. Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.
skymike, dam1953 and WHODATINCA like this.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:16 PM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 2,525
Re: The Saints lost because...

I have rescind my reason for this lost because I‘ve just seen the replay of the final play and it was a obvious opi so reason for the lost is because of the official who in position to see the arm extended and the sudden stop of p.j William.

This still don’t change my views on Brees. No way should the saints been in that position
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:25 PM   #26
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Broussard,La.
Posts: 1,013
Re: The Saints lost because...

This loss is solely on lack of protection for Brees,hands down. Yes he's getting older,but he has proved many times this year he still has it. He was literally under pressure for at least 3/4 of the damn game. The reason the offense seemed to "wake up" in the 4th was the protection improved. They knew the middle of our line was the weak link,exploited it ,and it worked. Fix the o line first in the offseason,then wr and we're back in the playoffs again
Mr.Riaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:55 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C
Posts: 2,056
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Why wouldn't you want Davenport back? He's a vicious run stopper and is above average setting the edge.

Trey is no where near as athletic as MD here. It showed today.
Who said I didn't want him? If that was directed for me specifically. I've been campaigning for Davenport all season....Since he went down the dline has played average at best
K Major likes this.
Rell&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:00 PM   #28
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 5,404
Re: The Saints lost because...

All the above.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:10 PM   #29
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,237
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The Saints lost because...

Originally Posted by Rell&Gold View Post
Who said I didn't want him? If that was directed for me specifically. I've been campaigning for Davenport all season....Since he went down the dline has played average at best
Wasn't directed at YOU personally Rell.

Just various posters dumping on Davenport throughout the season. And to your point, when healthy, he's been a beast.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:20 PM   #30
Just a Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 377
Re: The Saints lost because...

saints played with no heart at all... except for Taysom Hill
RaginCajun83, OldMaid and dam1953 like this.
mapcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/96714-saints-lost-because.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Enemy Fan Forums: New Orleans Saints | Purple Pain Forums This thread Refback 01-05-2020 10:15 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts