Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Twitter...

Like Tree468Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2020, 10:37 AM   #441
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 43,543
Blog Entries: 39
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs


This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Head Coach Material Last Blog: 11-09-2022 By: neugey


Old 03-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #442
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 7,753
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
Seems like it. We might as well just ride with Kiko at this point and spend the money elsewhere. Maybe try to pull off a trade.

Kiko 3rd acl? Likely not going to make the cut.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #443
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 43,543
Blog Entries: 39
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:44 AM   #444
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 618
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
Robby Anderson
Yeah he is asking for too much. Probably why he isnt signed
RefsRobbedUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:51 AM   #445
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 43,543
Blog Entries: 39
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
Seems like it. We might as well just ride with Kiko at this point and spend the money elsewhere. Maybe try to pull off a trade.
Two things to keep in mind...

First, we've amassed some talent at LBer now; while we can debate Anzalone's health, there's Kaden Elliss as well as Chase Hansen, who had a fourth round grade till a lingering college injury hurt his draft stock...

Second, we're in 4-3 under less than a 1/3 of the time (that's probably generous); the nickel is really the base defense now and other than kick coverage, the modern game has relegated 3 or more LBers obsolete...

And we've got fourth, fifth, sixth round picks where we can add a fifth, maybe sixth LBer that would have talent not only on special teams, but on kick coverage...

Now, Robinson is older, but we have Demario, Anzalone, Kiko, Robinson, Ellis all rested up coming back already that can play base defense as well; not that a LBer can have an impact, but DB, DE is more important...

It's not that my way is the right way, I just make the right way my way...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #446
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 43,543
Blog Entries: 39
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:09 AM   #447
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 21,561
Blog Entries: 3
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Two things to keep in mind...

First, we've amassed some talent at LBer now; while we can debate Anzalone's health, there's Kaden Elliss as well as Chase Hansen, who had a fourth round grade till a lingering college injury hurt his draft stock...

Second, we're in 4-3 under less than a 1/3 of the time (that's probably generous); the nickel is really the base defense now and other than kick coverage, the modern game has relegated 3 or more LBers obsolete...

And we've got fourth, fifth, sixth round picks where we can add a fifth, maybe sixth LBer that would have talent not only on special teams, but on kick coverage...

Now, Robinson is older, but we have Demario, Anzalone, Kiko, Robinson, Ellis all rested up coming back already that can play base defense as well; not that a LBer can have an impact, but DB, DE is more important...
I hear you however on paper ... collectively, the linebacker position as a group isn't all that impressive. Then + add in we've lost the best LB coach in the business.

It gets really old when we have to rely on lower round/undrafted players or guys who are always injured. Elliss is essentially still a rookie, coming off a knee tear & Craig is SLOW. Who knows how many games we'll get out of Anzalone.

We know how the Saints like to "trade up" to get their guy ... Isaiah Simmons or Murray could be that player in 2020 draft.

Gotta get faster at the position. Demario needs help.
jeanpierre likes this.

Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able To Tell the Difference.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:32 AM   #448
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 6,706
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Two things to keep in mind...

First, we've amassed some talent at LBer now; while we can debate Anzalone's health, there's Kaden Elliss as well as Chase Hansen, who had a fourth round grade till a lingering college injury hurt his draft stock...

Second, we're in 4-3 under less than a 1/3 of the time (that's probably generous); the nickel is really the base defense now and other than kick coverage, the modern game has relegated 3 or more LBers obsolete...

And we've got fourth, fifth, sixth round picks where we can add a fifth, maybe sixth LBer that would have talent not only on special teams, but on kick coverage...

Now, Robinson is older, but we have Demario, Anzalone, Kiko, Robinson, Ellis all rested up coming back already that can play base defense as well; not that a LBer can have an impact, but DB, DE is more important...
Understood, but I feel like we need to have the capability to go 4-3 to deal with the run. Also, smart teams killed us to the outside with sweeps and tosses. We have to get faster from sideline to sideline. I know Anzalone can do it, but he has to stay on the field. If any position was weak this year, it was LBer.
jeanpierre likes this.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:38 PM   #449
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 7,753
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
Understood, but I feel like we need to have the capability to go 4-3 to deal with the run. Also, smart teams killed us to the outside with sweeps and tosses. We have to get faster from sideline to sideline. I know Anzalone can do it, but he has to stay on the field. If any position was weak this year, it was LBer.

I looked back at the few games alozone played hes pretty good sideline to sideline. but up the gut on him hes kind of tunnel vision and he gets knocked out of a play by not fighting thru some blocks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rezburna likes this.
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:48 PM   #450
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 6,706
Re: 2020 NFL Free Agency: New Orleans Saints

We signed Malcolm Jenkins.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts