Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Rogers to Super Bowl

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Audiotom Derrick Henry and the Titans might give the Chiefs a go . Then again will the flags fly 211 yards rushing vs Texans 182 vs Pats 195 vs Ravens ... Chiefs are ranked towards the bottom ...

Like Tree6Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2020, 10:57 AM   #21
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,231
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Rogers to Super Bowl

Originally Posted by Audiotom View Post
Derrick Henry and the Titans might give the Chiefs a go.
Then again will the flags fly
211 yards rushing vs Texans
182 vs Pats
195 vs Ravens ...

Chiefs are ranked towards the bottom of the league in terms of rushing yards allowed per game. If this game gets "slowed down" ... it could be an interesting finish.

Henry has been an absolute STUD in the post season.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:19 AM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,951
Re: Rogers to Super Bowl

Some EGGSPURT who reads other team boards. Missed this one.

Guess they'll be 2 teams even AFC teams will hate.


Seems like Seattle never gets the benefit of the doubt on the ball spots. Hollister called short(rightly so) in the 49er game, Jones given the TD when he looked short but couldn't change the call on the field, Lockett call short when the ball did cross the goal line(Lynch then scored anyway but cmon), then the Graham phantom 1st down. If you are being generous on ball spots, then give Lockett the TD and review it. Plain as day he made it. We don't get the calls home or away. Sick of the legacy team officiating
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #23
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 5,404
Re: Rogers to Super Bowl

Rodgers will be running for his crybaby life when they go play San Fran. I personally can't wait til he gives that stupid look to the refs wondering why they didn't throw a flag when he's got his a$$ on the ground time after time. It's going to be priceless.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:09 PM   #24
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 380
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Rogers to Super Bowl

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
Rodgers will be running for his crybaby life when they go play San Fran. I personally can't wait til he gives that stupid look to the refs wondering why they didn't throw a flag when he's got his a$$ on the ground time after time. It's going to be priceless.
I think you are going to be surprised. If the Niners don't get a huge lead early and it comes down to GB needing to go down field to win by a TD or FG, watch the yellow flags start flying and GB pull it off. 100 years of the NFL, what perfect way to end that celebration than by having a rematch of Super Bowls 1 and 2.
llaguardia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #25
500th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 914
Re: Rogers to Super Bowl

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Let them hate us...they're just jealous. We have a better team than the other teams fans have. Not only that, we are right and have video evidence as proof. I'd rather be a winner that everybody hates than just a loser.

Besides, people need to speak up when an injustice occurs otherwise change will never come. It's called a revolution folks! Remember the Alamo.....err Super dome!
Agree 100 percent and I couldn't give a f@$# less what other fans think of us anyway.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
darksoul35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:07 PM   #26
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,275
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Rogers to Super Bowl

Originally Posted by llaguardia81 View Post
I think you are going to be surprised. If the Niners don't get a huge lead early and it comes down to GB needing to go down field to win by a TD or FG, watch the yellow flags start flying and GB pull it off. 100 years of the NFL, what perfect way to end that celebration than by having a rematch of Super Bowls 1 and 2.
The league has a problem here: Darling Rogers or the NorCal TV market. Decisions, decisions. What ever will Roger do?

saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:17 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,087
Re: Rogers to Super Bowl

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
The league has a problem here: Darling Rogers or the NorCal TV market. Decisions, decisions. What ever will Roger do?

Anyone know the officiating crew for that game?
Vrillon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:20 AM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,087
Re: Rogers to Super Bowl

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
211 yards rushing vs Texans
182 vs Pats
195 vs Ravens ...

Chiefs are ranked towards the bottom of the league in terms of rushing yards allowed per game. If this game gets "slowed down" ... it could be an interesting finish.

Henry has been an absolute STUD in the post season.
But all the Chiefs need to do is stack 8 in the box, Tannehill not going to out gun Mahomes. Titans deserve to be in the AFCCG, but they had the right formula to beat Baltimore, and anyone in the playoffs was going to beat NE anyway. its truly going to be one sided and these Chiefs teams could take over the AFC like the Patriots done for 20 years, since the AFC is such a crapfest already. I think its silly thinking the Titans is even going to remotely be in this game.
Vrillon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:24 AM   #29
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 6,919
Re: Rogers to Super Bowl

Originally Posted by Vrillon82 View Post
But all the Chiefs need to do is stack 8 in the box, Tannehill not going to out gun Mahomes. Titans deserve to be in the AFCCG, but they had the right formula to beat Baltimore, and anyone in the playoffs was going to beat NE anyway. its truly going to be one sided and these Chiefs teams could take over the AFC like the Patriots done for 20 years, since the AFC is such a crapfest already. I think its silly thinking the Titans is even going to remotely be in this game.


Makes sense but Iím still pulling for the underdog the sidearmed side shows are going to bite that kid in the wrong game one day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:27 AM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,087
Re: Rogers to Super Bowl

I hope the Titans win.

But its just how the NFL tends to be consistently, always the under dog winning to where you think they got good chance of making it all the way, and then they get beat in a way to wondering how they made it that far. kind of like the Vikings did.
Vrillon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/96793-rogers-super-bowl.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Rogers to Super Bowl This thread Refback 01-12-2020 12:40 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts