Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

In Defense of Jameis Winston

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; YouTube (Short URL) YouTube (Short URL)...

Like Tree24Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2020, 06:35 AM   #1
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 27,186
Blog Entries: 29
In Defense of Jameis Winston

SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 18,350
Re: In Defense of Jameis Winston

I just couldn't make myself open the video. He's going to have to show me he's kind of normal and has a good feel for the offense. Otherwise, he's just another God awful player we brought on board to try and fix.....good luck with that!
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #3
500th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 914
Re: In Defense of Jameis Winston

I still have hope for him. I was a complete idiot at his age and Im at least functionable now. If its true that he took less to learn behind Drew that shows maturity.
skymike and K Major like this.
darksoul35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:56 AM   #4
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 15,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: In Defense of Jameis Winston

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
I just couldn't make myself open the video. He's going to have to show me he's kind of normal and has a good feel for the offense. Otherwise, he's just another God awful player we brought on board to try and fix.....good luck with that!
IDK Rugby,

You just don't throw for over 5k yards & 30TD's without any hope. Not at this level of football. More importantly Jameis is low risk and came cheap. A lot of those mental mistakes are correctable.

Remember Vinny Testaverde'? Former 1st rounder. Big guy, big arm but lots of mental errors (had over 35 ints as a rookie with Tampa). Then later in his career here comes Bill Parcells (Jets) who actually help salvaged his career. The Tuna saw the negatives, positives and studied film. Altered the play book to his strengths and minimized those low percentage throws. Worked to his advantage and become a very serviceable QB.

Sean P and Bill are still close friends ... I'm sure they had that old school conversation. Not saying Jameis will turn into Pat Mahommes in New Orleans however I think there is still hope for him to become a successful NFL QB.

Coach him up

"Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding". Albert Einstein
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #5
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,794
Re: In Defense of Jameis Winston

The only reason we beat Tampa last year is because of Winston. Maybe Payton can fix him but I wonít have respect for him until I see something on the field and off.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 4,399
Re: In Defense of Jameis Winston

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
IDK Rugby,

You just don't throw for over 5k yards & 30TD's without any hope. Not at this level of football. More importantly Jameis is low risk and came cheap. A lot of those mental mistakes are correctable.

Remember Vinny Testaverde'? Former 1st rounder. Big guy, big arm but lots of mental errors (had over 35 ints as a rookie with Tampa). Then later in his career here comes Bill Parcells (Jets) who actually help salvaged his career. The Tuna saw the negatives, positives and studied film. Altered the play book to his strengths and minimized those low percentage throws. Worked to his advantage and become a very serviceable QB.

Sean P and Bill are still close friends ... I'm sure they had that old school conversation. Not saying Jameis will turn into Pat Mahommes in New Orleans however I think there is still hope for him to become a successful NFL QB.

Coach him up
He's talking the talk...now it's time to see if he can walk. He had tons of talent and an equal amount of character flaws to go with it. Listening to him, it sounds like he may have finally gotten his head screwed on straight. Only time will tell.
saintsfan1976 and K Major like this.
dam1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:34 PM   #7
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 27,186
Blog Entries: 29
Re: In Defense of Jameis Winston

Originally Posted by dam1953 View Post
He's talking the talk...now it's time to see if he can walk. He had tons of talent and an equal amount of character flaws to go with it. Listening to him, it sounds like he may have finally gotten his head screwed on straight. Only time will tell.
So is he better than Scam Newton?
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:18 PM   #8
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gonzales, LA
Posts: 938
Re: In Defense of Jameis Winston

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
So is he better than Scam Newton?
He is a better fit in New Orleans than Cam. As others have mentioned, he's saying all the right things. The fact that he saw the writing on the wall and took a backup role on a team that could actually teach him something is good.
RailBoss, dam1953 and darksoul35 like this.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:46 PM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 4,399
Re: In Defense of Jameis Winston

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
So is he better than Scam Newton?
Better? That's probably debatable? But I think Winston is actually healthier and his style of play will keep him healthier. Scam is a running QB who has taken a beating. Like most running QBs, his body is going to decide when he retires, or get's retired when owners see the risk-reward-drama just ain't worth it.
dam1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:09 AM   #10
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 944
Re: In Defense of Jameis Winston

Jameis Winston has all the talent in the world. If he quit making dumb decisions, he'd be great. I'm hoping Payton can get him out of his habits. Winston does so many things well, he just makes the one mistake you can't as a QB.
darksoul35 likes this.
hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts