Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Let's hope this isn't the start of the Wide Receiver Diva Syndrome. Something isn't right with this team, but let's hope SP took this action because he's not happy with team preparation and player accountability. Suspending MT shows no one ...

Like Tree91Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2020, 05:35 PM   #21
Threaded by Halo
Site Donor MONTHLY
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 18,732

Blog Entries: 45
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Let's hope this isn't the start of the Wide Receiver Diva Syndrome. Something isn't right with this team, but let's hope SP took this action because he's not happy with team preparation and player accountability. Suspending MT shows no one is above suspension, but anyone's guess is as good as mine.
saintfan likes this.
Views: 2921
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:40 PM   #22
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,613
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Who is this "y'all" person, and what did he "assume". The news was apparently confirmed. And that little child, Thomas, is not anybody's "own", in this forum.

You're one of the first people to always say "the players don't owe you anything" (even though fans pay their checks), but you think fans owe HIM undue respect? The blindness of your fandom is truly absurd. There is no reason in the world a grown man can't be open minded enough to call something what it is, regardless of team affiliation.
You are not "y'all", unless you claim the title. What ever "y'all" assumed shouldn't matter to you if you are not him, or them. And what makes you think my reference to "your own" singles out Michael Thomas? Talk about assumptions, burning.

LOL!!!

Players are going to be players. Altercations have ALWAYS occurred and will continue to occur. I am grown up enough and open minded enough to understand that concept.

Chill out, dude. And I am sorry my fandom offends you. That's not MY problem.

Who Dat!!

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:44 PM   #23
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,613
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Let's hope this isn't the start of the Wide Receiver Diva Syndrome. Something isn't right with this team, but let's hope SP took this action because he's not happy with team preparation and player accountability. Suspending MT shows no one is above suspension, but anyone's guess is as good as mine.
Something isn't right with EVERY team and everyone today, Halo. There's major **** going on in the world and all these players know is the game. I know you are feeling stress. I'm feeling stress. Even those that hate me are showing stress. There's frustration everywhere right now.

Grown ups would realize that, right?
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #24
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 904
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Two sides to every story.
NonieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:53 PM   #25
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 12,929
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Becoming trash. Big surprise. Been paid. 3 catches in 4 or 5 games 😆😆😆
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #26
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,613
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Originally Posted by NonieT View Post
Two sides to every story.
Yup.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:01 PM   #27
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 736
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
Always thought players who punched other players who were wearing a helmet werenít real bright........ not smart, donít care who you are.
bobdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:08 PM   #28
Hu Dat!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,000
Blog Entries: 7
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,882
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
You are not "y'all", unless you claim the title. What ever "y'all" assumed shouldn't matter to you if you are not him, or them. And what makes you think my reference to "your own" singles out Michael Thomas? Talk about assumptions, burning.

LOL!!!

Players are going to be players. Altercations have ALWAYS occurred and will continue to occur. I am grown up enough and open minded enough to understand that concept.

Chill out, dude. And I am sorry my fandom offends you. That's not MY problem.

Who Dat!!

Where do I start with this bull crap post? I'll just take it point by point.

First, I know I'm not "y'all". And the point is that no one is "y'all" because no one assumed anything. I saw this story while I was on another sports site, and then when I came here a while ago, I saw that people were just talking about what had already been confirmed by the team. And then later, it was reported who the "altercation" was with. Nobody "assumed" anything. So you're calling out people for no actual reason.

Second, I don't have to be "concerned" about anything in order to recognize that your comment was ignorant, and tell you as much.

Third, I know you singled out Thomas, because the thread is about Thomas. And it also wouldn't matter if you were talking about anyone else on the team. NONE of them classify as anyone's "own" in this forum. And no one owes a player respect, if that respect is not earned. Talk about reaching for a "gotcha", 'Guido.

Fourth, "players are going to be players" does not apply to someone with a history of childish behavior. This may be the first time, that we're aware of, that he has punched a teammate, but his behavior on social media is well-documented. And altercations typically involve shoving and cursing. A punch is not something that happens very often. And when it does, it's not something you brush off as "ah, boys will be boys, ya know?". There's a reason he got suspended.

And as for "two sides to every story"... Why don't you try to use a little simple logic? Thomas was suspended. The other player was not. There were witnesses who saw what happened. And what they saw obviously only warranted that Thomas be punished. So much for that argument, huh?


Lastly, I'm not "offended" by your fandom. I think you are an absurdly dishonest person when it comes to your fandom. You throw all logic and common sense out the window to protect your precious team. And I just think it's pathetic.
spkb25 likes this.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:15 PM   #30
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,613
Re: Michael Thomas will miss Week 5 matchup with Chargers due to disciplinary issue

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Where do I start with this bull crap post? I'll just take it point by point.

First, I know I'm not "y'all". And the point is that no one is "y'all" because no one assumed anything. I saw this story while I was on another sports site, and then when I came here a while ago, I saw that people were just talking about what had already been confirmed by the team. And then later, it was reported who the "altercation" was with. Nobody "assumed" anything. So you're calling out people for no actual reason.

Second, I don't have to be "concerned" about anything in order to recognize that your comment was ignorant, and tell you as much.

Third, I know you singled out Thomas, because the thread is about Thomas. And it also wouldn't matter if you were talking about anyone else on the team. NONE of them classify as anyone's "own" in this forum. And no one owes a player respect, if that respect is not earned. Talk about reaching for a "gotcha", 'Guido.

Fourth, "players are going to be players" does not apply to someone with history of childish behavior. This may be the first time, that we're aware of, that he has punched a teammate, but his behavior on social media is well-documented. And altercations typically involve shoving and cursing. A punch is not something that happens very often. And when it does, it's not something you brush off as "ah, boys will be boys, ya know?". There's a reason he got suspended.

And as for "two sides to every story"... Why don't you try to use a little simple logic. Thomas was suspended. The other player was not. There were witnesses who saw what happened. And what they saw obviously only warranted that Thomas be punished. So much for that argument, huh?


Lastly, I'm not "offended" by your fandom. I think you are an absurdly dishonest person when it comes to your fandom. You throw all logic and common sense out the window to protect your precious team. And I just think it's pathetic.
Of course you think it is pathetic.

Go for it. You were off base with all of your "assumptions" that you just posted.

Have a nice day!!

Oh, and, Who Dat!!

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts