Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

New Member, new Fan and new to this Sport :)

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Hello my name is Kristjan and I am from Slovenija(Eu). I started follow American football this Season, and for some reason The New Orleans Saints become my favorite team. I watch the most of Saints games, if they are not ...

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
Rookie

New Member, new Fan and new to this Sport :)

Hello my name is Kristjan and I am from Slovenija(Eu). I started follow American football this Season, and for some reason The New Orleans Saints become my favorite team. I watch the most of Saints games, if they are not to late, others that I miss i download the whole game and watch them. Curently I am at the Tampa Bay game, but i am looking foward to see game against Colts, which i couldn't see because it was at 3:30 in the morning :/

So this is it, I'm looking forward to be on this forum and learn some new stuff, because I am new to this sport and many things are confusing to me, so if anybody is willing to help me, i will post some questions.

thnx,
Who Dat!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Site Donor MONTHLY

Welcome aboard. Ask any questions you like....
Old 10-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Problem?

Welcome to the forums. If there's any question you'd like to ask, there are plenty of helpful people to ask on the forum. Hope you like our board.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Ok, I don't get how the Season works. They Play Regular Season, and which teams go to the play offs? and what is a wild card?

thnx for help
Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Banned

Welcome!...usally the division winners go to the play offs..
Old 10-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
Rookie

yeah, I dont get still, I don't know what division are etc. like in football
you have 3 tropheys, they play (Bayern Munchen - my favorite team), Bundesliga, DFB cup and Champions Legue. And to get to the Champons Legue they must be 1th, 2nd or 3rd in Bundesliga. I want to know how system works here in American Football to get to the Super Bowl. You must understand that i don't know what divisons are etc.
so i need infomation from the begining of season to the end. how teams come to the Super Bowl, and what are other tropheys they can win etc...

I would very appriciate If someone can help me understand this.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
10000 POST CLUB

You have 2 conferences, the AFC and NFC, 4 divisions in each conference North, South, East & West. The winner of each of the 4 divisions in each conference make the playoffs plus 2 wildcards per conference, so that's 6 teams, 12 total. They are seeded by record, the top 2 teams per conference get a 1st round bye. the NFC & AFC teams play each other until there is 1 left for each. They face in the Superbowl to win the Lombardi trophy. that's the only title you can win
Old 10-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
12,000 BS Posts

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
You have 2 conferences, the AFC and NFC, 4 divisions in each conference North, South, East & West. The 4 divisions in each conference make the playoffs plus 2 wildcards per conference, so that's 6 teams, 12 total. They are seeded by record, the top 2 teams per conference get a 1st round bye. the NFC & AFC teams play each other until there is 1 left for each. They face in the Superbowl to win the Lombardi trophy. that's the only title you can win.
Good explaination but you can win the NFC & AFC Championship Trophy. The Lombardi is spinning below.

Welcome aboard. You picked a very fun team to watch as we have one of the best offenses and arguably the best Quartback in the league in Drew Brees. As long as he doesn't get hurt, we will make the playoffs and you will get to watch every game. Everybody is worried about playing the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship game because the game with be played in very cold weather and we're a southern indoor team. If someone knocks Green Bay off, hopefully the NFC Championship game will be played here.

If you want to be a really good Saints fan, it is required that you develop a real strong hatred of our division opponents the Atlanta Falcons, Tampa Bucs and the Carolina Panthers. This is required. Nothing personal here, but since they are in our division, we have to play them twice, once at their place and once at ours. Beating these teams gives you a better playoff seeding to help win the championship.

If you care to know who the B&G Forum regulars are, click here http://blackandgold.com/xperience.php

2019 Death of a Parrot.

Last edited by foreverfan; 10-27-2011 at 04:59 PM..
Old 10-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
10000 POST CLUB

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
Good explaination but you can win the NFC & AFC Championship Trophey.
Yeah I typed my previous post on my iphone so I was trying to type as least as possible.

The AFC & NFC teams that make it to the Superbowl are the NFC & AFC champions,
Old 10-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
12,000 BS Posts

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Yeah I typed my previous post on my iphone so I was trying to type as least as possible.

The AFC & NFC teams that make it to the Superbowl are the NFC & AFC champions,
A likely story...

Closed Thread