Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Everything Else
Shop Horizontal

MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

this is a discussion within the Everything Else Community Forum; I agree,,just let folks alone ..we will all get ours......

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 12:06 AM   #31
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

I agree,,just let folks alone ..we will all get ours...
strato is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 05-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #32
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,187
Blog Entries: 5
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by strato View Post
Good piont S.P..my quote was covering all spectrums...Racisim exist and i know for a fact that my father was subjected to it..

Peace
Given the recent drama between you and me, you may think I'm picking on you. This isn't that case - because I'd ask the same of anyone bringing race into this conversation. It's an honest question, and as has been mentioned here, everyone has their own opinion, and so I am interested to hear yours:

When you say your comment was covering all spectrums, what do you mean exactly - or more to the point, how does it relate to illegal immigration? You said you'd prefer immigrants over racists - a phrase I'm hearing a LOT out here in San Francisco by my liberal friends. How, or better why, does racism even get brought up in a conversation about ILLEGAL immigrants? Unless you are a native American you can trace your history back to an immigrant - one that probably came here legally.

So I would like to know why you would even bring race to the conversation. I'd like to know why the president of Mexico is doing that. I'd like to know why people are so offended by the Arizona law - in fact I'd like to know why this country isn't 110 percent in favor of the Arizona law and why it flatly refuses to enforce a Federal Law that goes far beyond the Arizona Law. I think these are valid questions, and I think if you bring race to the conversation you should very well be prepared to elaborate and define what you mean, exactly, when you say you were covering all spectrums, because I don't see where that has much to do at all with Illegal Immigration.

To be as specific as possible, can you tell me if you think the Arizona Law is racist? Yes or no?

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!

Last edited by saintfan; 05-26-2010 at 04:44 PM..
saintfan is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #33
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Given the recent drama between you and me, you may think I'm picking on you. This isn't that case - because I'd ask the same of anyone bringing race into this conversation. It's an honest question, and as has been mentioned here, everyone has their own opinion, and so I am interested to hear yours:

When you say your comment was covering all spectrums, what do you mean exactly - or more to the point, how does it relate to illegal immigration? You said you'd prefer immigrants over racists - a phrase I'm hearing a LOT out here in San Francisco by my liberal friends. How, or better why, does racism even get brought up in a conversation about ILLEGAL immigrants? Unless you are a native American you can trace your history back to an immigrant - one that probably came here legally.

So I would like to know why you would even bring race to the conversation. I'd like to know why the president of Mexico is doing that. I'd like to know why people are so offended by the Arizona law - in fact I'd like to know why this country isn't 110 percent in favor of the Arizona law and why it flatly refuses to enforce a Federal Law that goes far beyond the Arizona Law. I think these are valid questions, and I think if you bring race to the conversation you should very well be prepared to elaborate and define what you mean, exactly, when you say you were covering all spectrums, because I don't see where that has much to do at all with Illegal Immigration.

To be as specific as possible, can you tell me if you think the Arizona Law is racist? Yes or no?

I agree to disagree...is that ok ..is that within my rights?...
strato is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #34
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,734
Blog Entries: 4
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Saintpaul - I liked what you said. I wish we could all just talk things out and respect everyone's views, but unfortunately, I think racism has to die off with older generations. The civil rights movement wasn't that long ago. People still remember those tensions.

Racism is a language spoken by those less educated. It's too easy to call someone a name, single them out or be fearful just bc they are different.

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
So I would like to know why you would even bring race to the conversation.
To be as specific as possible, can you tell me if you think the Arizona Law is racist? Yes or no?
Race was brought up bc of my comment. And let me be clear - my reference was meant as a broad statement bc you're right Saintfan - everyone loves to throw out the racism argument these days. It's more political than anything IMO.

I think certain people want racism to exist because they profit from it.

Originally Posted by strato View Post
I agree to disagree...is that ok ..is that within my rights?...
I like what you said about being free and loving everyone. So then everyone should be FAIR to each other. ..Right? Well, what's being given and taken by people who are in this country illegally is not fair. It's not healthy for the country and it's future and it's certainly not fair to citizens who work hard their whole lives to miss out on opportunities and rights that they have as AMERICANS.

I also think that Saintfan's comment to you deserved a better response. But that's just me...
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #35
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Saintpaul - I liked what you said. I wish we could all just talk things out and respect everyone's views, but unfortunately, I think racism has to die off with older generations. The civil rights movement wasn't that long ago. People still remember those tensions.

Racism is a language spoken by those less educated. It's too easy to call someone a name, single them out or be fearful just bc they are different.



Race was brought up bc of my comment. And let me be clear - my reference was meant as a broad statement bc you're right Saintfan - everyone loves to throw out the racism argument these days. It's more political than anything IMO.

I think certain people want racism to exist because they profit from it.



I like what you said about being free and loving everyone. So then everyone should be FAIR to each other. ..Right? Well, what's being given and taken by people who are in this country illegally is not fair. It's not healthy for the country and it's future and it's certainly not fair to citizens who work hard their whole lives to miss out on opportunities and rights that they have as AMERICANS.

I also think that Saintfan's comment to you deserved a better response. But that's just me...
Do you really want to get me started?...why cant i say my peace and be done..rip me if you want but i could really care a less what anybody here thinks..as well they probably would say the same about me..i dont owe Saintfan you or anybody else any more than i gave you...Why must you persist in bringin about an arguement?..Im half hispanic and i have the right to disagree...ive seen racisim first hand...so dont tell me i owe anybody anything... Peace..
strato is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #36
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,187
Blog Entries: 5
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by strato View Post
I agree to disagree...is that ok ..is that within my rights?...
We can, and I'm not trying to start something with you Strato, but what are we agreeing to disagree on?

If we bordered with China, would the people in Arizona be any less interested in making sure the Chinese didn't sneak into their state? Doubtful. Would they be 'racists' then? I just don't see where Racism has anything to do with it.
saintfan is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #37
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

People being singled out for skin tone is not racial profiling?....i guess im just ****in confused here...let me tellyou ... My dad had to deal with frikin rednecks not wanting to serve him and he was born here.,..so dont tell me a damn thing about racism..pal...
strato is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #38
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Sorry.. but i have a lot of history with this subject..i could tell you **** that would make your head spin...I should stay away from this thread...if i offended anyone im am truly sorry

Ray
strato is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #39
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,187
Blog Entries: 5
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by strato View Post
Do you really want to get me started?...why cant i say my peace and be done..rip me if you want but i could really care a less what anybody here thinks..as well they probably would say the same about me..i dont owe Saintfan you or anybody else any more than i gave you...Why must you persist in bringin about an arguement?..Im half hispanic and i have the right to disagree...ive seen racisim first hand...so dont tell me i owe anybody anything... Peace..
I've seen racism too, and I'm not half-hispanic. I swear on all that is holy I'm not trying to start WWII (and with you and I that's appropriate) with you Strato. I understand that racism exists, and I 'think' I understand how racism must make people feel - but even if I don't it doesn't change the Arizona law on bit.

The Arizona law isn't racist. It doesn't say "only Mexicans", and if it did I'd be screaming racism too. The fact that Mexicans make up 97% or more of the people immigrating into the United States through Arizona can't be helped, and trying to label their law 'racist' is unfounded. It is what it is. The Federal Law grants officials the right to stop any one, any where, at any time, and ask for proof of citizenship, unfortunately it isn't enforced. The Arizona law requires reasonable cause, and says nothing about a person's race being a pre-requisite.

You are right. You don't owe anyone here an explanation. It is your right to be of whatever opinion you choose, however if you're going to bring the "R" word to the table you should be interested in explaining why - or at least I think you should - to others interested in the topic, why you feel that way.

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #40
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,187
Blog Entries: 5
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by strato View Post
People being singled out for skin tone is not racial profiling?....i guess im just ****in confused here...let me tellyou ... My dad had to deal with frikin rednecks not wanting to serve him and he was born here.,..so dont tell me a damn thing about racism..pal...
Tell me then, who's being singled out?
saintfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts