Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

What are you most pleased with about this draft?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; For me I don't know where to start. I really get the giggles because we're still under the radar. I will start with our wrs. What team can cover, Colston, Mcknight, Meachem, Henderson, Patten? Then throw in Robert Johnson, I ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 198
What are you most pleased with about this draft?

For me I don't know where to start. I really get the giggles because we're still under the radar. I will start with our wrs. What team can cover, Colston, Mcknight, Meachem, Henderson, Patten? Then throw in Robert Johnson, I personally think this guy will Rock. Then throw in Reggie, Duece. HOLY Shiites. Unleash Hell or an ant bed fire drill.

This rarely happens to me but the Saints finally got somebody I really wanted, Eugene Lipscomb. Anybody know who Eugene was? That's right, Eugene is back and in the body of Walter Thomas. Reincarnation? They both seem to have had simular backgrounds.That's right Big Daddy is back and in a Saints uniform and I'm pleased.

What are you pleased about?
Saintuary is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
DARE TO ENTER
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home Sweet Home, NEW ORLEANS, La.
Posts: 1,154
The one thing that sticks out to me with this draft is, within the next two years we will have the most dominant offensive line in the whole NFL. We will have the most unstoppable offense in the NFL, and the way they're finding little gems here and there on the defense and special teams, we will be the Patriots of the NFC.
blacksaint is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 449
Originally Posted by blacksaint View Post
The one thing that sticks out to me with this draft is, within the next two years we will have the most dominant offensive line in the whole NFL. We will have the most unstoppable offense in the NFL, and the way they're finding little gems here and there on the defense and special teams, we will be the Patriots of the NFC.
I agree and am certainly pleased to see us continually upgrading and adding depth to our O line. I am a believer in starting with the trenches to upgrade teams and we are certainly operating in that manner.
BRSaintsFan is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
xan
Professor Crab and
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Princeton
Posts: 3,237
Blog Entries: 33
I'm pleased that most everyone thinks that the draft didn't completely suck. I for one think that we could have used some draft picks on Linebackers, DT's, big school corners, hell, even move up in the draft to take a talent instead of collecting a bunch of purely developmental quality players. Not that there isn't the possibility of a Colston coming out of this group, but not likely. I think it's easier to run a route and catch a pass than it is to defend, and defense is where the team's greatest need was/is and I'm suspicious that we wasted picks on guys we could have invited in as UDFA's.

Calvin: "I wish I was a Tiger."
Hobbes: "Common lament."
xan is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
DARE TO ENTER
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home Sweet Home, NEW ORLEANS, La.
Posts: 1,154
Originally Posted by BRSaintsFan View Post
I agree and am certainly pleased to see us continually upgrading and adding depth to our O line. I am a believer in starting with the trenches to upgrade teams and we are certainly operating in that manner.
They just don't see it, they're building for the future, if previous powers that was thought that way we problably be SB CHAMPS by now, keep the faith BR we're closer than most people think.
blacksaint is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #6
PorkchopExpress
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 608
Blog Entries: 2
Well, the fact that the Saints found 2 CBs with good size and 4.4 speed makes me happy. The only thing these guys lack is technique and the Saints coaches pride themselves on being great teachers. So finally some youth at CB. I like the fact that we keep stockpiling players for the O-Line...because you can never have enough players there. And the Saints still found ways to upgrade skill positions. They were able to prepare themselves for possible FA departures next year...Great job.
Bobaganoosh is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by xan View Post
I'm pleased that most everyone thinks that the draft didn't completely suck. I for one think that we could have used some draft picks on Linebackers, DT's, big school corners, hell, even move up in the draft to take a talent instead of collecting a bunch of purely developmental quality players. Not that there isn't the possibility of a Colston coming out of this group, but not likely. I think it's easier to run a route and catch a pass than it is to defend, and defense is where the team's greatest need was/is and I'm suspicious that we wasted picks on guys we could have invited in as UDFA's.
LBs lets see, we picked up Brian Simmons 6'3/240 who will probably start, Troy Evans 6'3/238, Trev Faulk 6'3/254, and Marvin Mitchell 6'3/249. Now put that with the mix of Fujita, Shanle, I mean this is pretty solid to me.
Saintuary is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by xan View Post
I'm pleased that most everyone thinks that the draft didn't completely suck. I for one think that we could have used some draft picks on Linebackers, DT's, big school corners, hell, even move up in the draft to take a talent instead of collecting a bunch of purely developmental quality players. Not that there isn't the possibility of a Colston coming out of this group, but not likely. I think it's easier to run a route and catch a pass than it is to defend, and defense is where the team's greatest need was/is and I'm suspicious that we wasted picks on guys we could have invited in as UDFA's.
My EXACT same concern.
ChippySwans is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #9
The NY Geaux Getter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 348
Thumbs up

Drew must be frothing at the offensive juggernaut he has now to utilize. Payton and his scouting support have done themselves a favor in this draft. I can't pick out what I'm most pleased with even when convention would've told me they bombed because of the lack of DB focus early on.
I'm being warned not to get too jacked about the potential of this team but holy crow, even without the convenience of their typical yearly top 10 pick, they did damn good knowing what could improve the longevity of the team.
I'd feel a little more comfortable if they address their backup QB situation, but other than that, they are gold.


Fleured is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #10
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Alleman. He's going to be a solid guard for us.
papz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts