Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Bush draws Payton's ire again

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by woody barry was often taken out of the game on goaline situations. But that isn't "benching" - taken out of a game because his head wasn't in the game and making bone headed mistakes....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #41
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bush draws Payton's ire again

Originally Posted by woody View Post
barry was often taken out of the game on goaline situations.
But that isn't "benching" - taken out of a game because his head wasn't in the game and making bone headed mistakes.
Euphoria is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 12-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #42
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Bush draws Payton's ire again

We could use some help on Defense at his expense...lol
strato is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #43
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bush draws Payton's ire again

He stepped out before the first down marker...
Euphoria is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #44
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 38
Re: Bush draws Payton's ire again

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
Reggie is just another player that proves that there needs to be a rookie salary cap and a slotting system like what they have in the NBA
Radio Saint is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #45
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 157
Re: Bush draws Payton's ire again

hey isn't reggie averaging 4.9 yds/att? that's really good if you didn't know. am i the only one that has noticed when reggie is stopped behind the line it is usually because of a good defensive play call? thats when he starts "dancing" because he's trying to make a play.
woody is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #46
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bush draws Payton's ire again

Originally Posted by woody View Post
hey isn't reggie averaging 4.9 yds/att? that's really good if you didn't know. am i the only one that has noticed when reggie is stopped behind the line it is usually because of a good defensive play call? thats when he starts "dancing" because he's trying to make a play.
Stats are for losers.

You can make stats into anything you want them to read. If you don't watch the games and see the mistakes and see how insignificant he is... then you are missing the boat.

This team has and continues to win not based on his performance but everyone else.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #47
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 157
Re: Bush draws Payton's ire again

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Stats are for losers.

You can make stats into anything you want them to read. If you don't watch the games and see the mistakes and see how insignificant he is... then you are missing the boat.

This team has and continues to win not based on his performance but everyone else.
hey aren't you the one always saying he doesn't produce enough for a 2nd overall pick? maybe you should check out his stats because as far as yards and td's go he's been very signifigant. and everyone else makes mistakes too. drew throws picks, colston drops balls, o-line misses blocks, and i've seen sharper take bad angles and miss tackles. if you don't understand that the offense is better with him, then your boat has sunk.
woody is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #48
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bush draws Payton's ire again

Originally Posted by woody View Post
hey aren't you the one always saying he doesn't produce enough for a 2nd overall pick? maybe you should check out his stats because as far as yards and td's go he's been very signifigant. and everyone else makes mistakes too. drew throws picks, colston drops balls, o-line misses blocks, and i've seen sharper take bad angles and miss tackles. if you don't understand that the offense is better with him, then your boat has sunk.
If you are a second round pick, your team needs you to win. If you are injured or on the bench shouldn't your team lose or struggle??? Here I'll answer that for you YES! The one person you can't have injured or benched is who??? Here I'll answer that for you BREE's, Sharper... these guys play at a level far beyond what Bush is capable at playing at.

2nd round picks should not be 3rd string and should not be benched. The clock is ticking and his days are numbered. Get over the man crush this is football and football is business. The math doesn't add up and really won't add up next year with his salary increase.

E U P H O R I A
Euphoria is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #49
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 157
Re: Bush draws Payton's ire again

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
If you are a second round pick, your team needs you to win. If you are injured or on the bench shouldn't your team lose or struggle??? Here I'll answer that for you YES! The one person you can't have injured or benched is who??? Here I'll answer that for you BREE's, Sharper... these guys play at a level far beyond what Bush is capable at playing at.

2nd round picks should not be 3rd string and should not be benched. The clock is ticking and his days are numbered. Get over the man crush this is football and football is business. The math doesn't add up and really won't add up next year with his salary increase.
why put so much stock into where a player is drafted? at that point it is unknown what kind of a pro they will be. if i was to believe your argument i would say there's no reason to expect any thing from colston or pierre because of their draft position. the bottom line is that the offense is more dangerous with reggie than without him.
woody is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #50
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bush draws Payton's ire again

Originally Posted by woody View Post
why put so much stock into where a player is drafted? at that point it is unknown what kind of a pro they will be. if i was to believe your argument i would say there's no reason to expect any thing from colston or pierre because of their draft position. the bottom line is that the offense is more dangerous with reggie than without him.
LMAO now you are twisting my words.

You seriously think that??? Thats basically my point why pay 8 million to a 2nd rounder who is 3rd sting to guys who were not even drafted. Give the money to the players who are contributing to wins.

Besides based on your stat of Bush... Colston is a better RB than Bush... he has 6 yard average per rush to Bushs 4.9.
Euphoria is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/22824-bush-draws-paytons-ire-again.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-09-2009 12:12 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts