Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints resign Scott Shanle

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Jack Vegas Speaking of condescension.... BTW, the Saints had the fourth overall defense last year. Not the 16th. But hey, since you're such a defensive expert as compared to say, Gregg Williams, I'll take your judgement over ...

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #51
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
Speaking of condescension....

BTW, the Saints had the fourth overall defense last year. Not the 16th.

But hey, since you're such a defensive expert as compared to say, Gregg Williams, I'll take your judgement over his.
No, in the rushing stats I was posting about they were not fourth:

From NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League for the 2010 season the saints gave up 112.3 YPG. That is 16th, not 4th. Fourth was San Diego at 93.8 YPG
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 07-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #52
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,114
Originally Posted by SAINT_MICHAEL View Post
No, in the rushing stats I was posting about they were not fourth:

From NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League for the 2010 season the saints gave up 112.3 YPG. That is 16th, not 4th. Fourth was San Diego at 93.8 YPG
You didn't say anything about rushing stats.

Originally Posted by SAINT_MICHAEL View Post
That top 10 defense you are so proud of was ranked 16th in yards allowed per game.
The word "rushing" is not in this sentence, and regardless, the fact that the defense was 4th overall is far more important than the fact that it was 16th in rushing.

Throwing Shanle out because the defense was not great against the run is akin to cutting PT and Ivory because our offensive run game sucked last year.
Jack Vegas is online now  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #53
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 8,126
Originally Posted by SAINT_MICHAEL View Post

That top 10 defense you are so proud of was ranked 16th in yards allowed per game. 13 teams were worse than the Saints (16 better) at yards per carry allowed. In the Seattle playoff game, they allowed a 6.3 YPC average and 150 yards total.
Should have read further

yards per carry = rushing
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #54
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,114
Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Should have read further

yards per carry = rushing
Those two things could exist independently of each other. If you're going to go around using these kind of facts to bash people, at least word them correctly.

Regardless, I will stick to my supposition. Blaming Shanle for the team being 16th in rushing defense is retarded. I don't see anybody throwing Vilma or Clark/Dunbar under the bus.
Jack Vegas is online now  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #55
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 8,126
I'm not "bashing" anyone, I just understood what he was saying and apparently you didn't. No big deal; Shanle is resigned regardless who likes it or not, and more than likely has the starting spot until somebody can take it from him...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #56
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,114
Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
I'm not "bashing" anyone, I just understood what he was saying and apparently you didn't. No big deal; Shanle is resigned regardless who likes it or not, and more than likely has the starting spot until somebody can take it from him...
Didn't mean "you" personally, I meant the universal "you".
Jack Vegas is online now  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #57
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,582
Bet we got him cheap.
Boutte is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #58
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Katy, Tx a suburb of Houston
Posts: 2,032
Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
i believe this is a false statement. where is the proof??????
Its freakin true!!!! It came outta Shawn Peyton's mouth and Jonathan Vilmas


How can you get re - upped when you absolutely blew it time and again at the OLB starter position! He was exposed, He exposed us, and he gets a new deal!!!! I don't understand
alleycat_126 is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #59
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
Those two things could exist independently of each other. If you're going to go around using these kind of facts to bash people, at least word them correctly.

Regardless, I will stick to my supposition. Blaming Shanle for the team being 16th in rushing defense is retarded. I don't see anybody throwing Vilma or Clark/Dunbar under the bus.
Sorry you were not catching I was talking about rushing D as some others could. Since you seem to like to jump on others, I'll try to be more specific.

It's pretty simple. This thread is about Shanle.
No one is on Dunbar etc. because the thread isn't about them.
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #60
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
If he was bad as you say he would've been beaten out for his job by one of the parade of young linebackers by now.
thats the scary thing...no one has beaten him out yet
Speedy Ron is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/34863-saints-resign-scott-shanle.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Thursday Afternoon of Delight: A Saints/NFL Free Agency OpenáThread - Canal Street Chronicles This thread Refback 07-28-2011 05:45 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts