Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Please stop the Brees contract talk on this board

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; If you think Loomis is going to let the best QB in the NFL and in Saints history walk you guys are ****ing nuts. Brees has already stated he will negotiate his contract in a way that would free up ...

Like Tree10Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,043
Please stop the Brees contract talk on this board

If you think Loomis is going to let the best QB in the NFL and in Saints history walk you guys are ****ing nuts. Brees has already stated he will negotiate his contract in a way that would free up money to retain other key veterans like Colston and Nicks. Has Drew ever lied? This talk about him not signing a contract and "holding out" is absolutely ridiculous.
SapperSaint and ScottF like this.
The Dude is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #2
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 9,661
No one thinks Brees is leaving the Saints.

We are just concerned/frustrated that nothing has been announced yet.
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,298
Blog Entries: 15
You're probably right, so I'd like to take the opportunity to redirect everyone's attention to the "Everything Else" forum and a couple of threads to get your minds off "Brees-gate" ... gotta' do something in the off-season.

http://blackandgold.com/ee/41223-mas...nama-city.html (Massive Bikini Parade Planned in Panama City)

http://blackandgold.com/ee/41117-swamp-people.html (Swamp People)

http://blackandgold.com/saints/41053...owl-gumbo.html ("All I want is a good bowl of gumbo...)

... plus, it's almost 'Fat Tuesday', gotta' start thinking about paczki's ... do you guys do paczki's in New Orleans?
Halo likes this.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,878
It gets confusing sometimes...please post a list of topics that are acceptable or not acceptable...
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Katy, Tx a suburb of Houston
Posts: 1,988
This Saints thing for a fan like me seems way to simple to have gone on this long. It's like the taking the most menial task you have to do as a husband ( like cleaning autumn leaves out of storm drains, or getting oil changes on you and your wife's car) and just waiting a year too long to do it. And now as a fan, I actually feel like my wife when she walks outside and sees the S%&t not done!!!!! It's time to get this house in order already, I honestly believe if Drew Brees had signed before Mike Vick we would be in a better situation because 4 yrs and 90 million dollars wouldn't sound like a slap in the face. Now it does!!! And BTW all the people with DREW BREES will never leave the Saints glasses on. You realize that brees isn't the one negoiating the deal right...... it's this guy

And he doesn't care about what we've created, or what Drew has done for the city, his job ( and people he is the best at it ) is about how much is it worth to you, and how much is my cut gonna be bigger if we take our talents elsewhere!!!! And Condon has a rep people!!!! He walks in contract meetings like this



and leaves teams decimated and looking around to see what happened like this


So please dont telll me not to be nervous, the nervousness won't stop until I wake up and Drew and Colston are signed and Nicks is franchised!!!!
Srgt. Hulka and Mardigras9 like this.
alleycat_126 is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,633
Feb 2, 2012 Drew Brees - “There is no doubt in my mind” a contract will get finalized, Brees said on the Dan Patrick Show Thursday. “It’s pretty straight up and should be done here in the next 4-5 weeks" (that would be March 1st through the 8th).

Drew Brees expects new contract before free agency | ProFootballTalk
SapperSaint likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shreveport, LA
Posts: 4,077
I agree Allycat. Drew is a businessman, a family man and a union man. He's gonna do what's best for Drew and his family. I'm not gonna sit here with rose colored glasses on an think everything is all hunky-dory with contract talks. Don't get me wrong, I'm about 95% sure Drew will be in a Saints uniform next year, and I take Drew at his word, but until I see something in writing, there's still gonna be that 5% that I worry about.
Srgt. Hulka is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,043
Originally Posted by alleycat_126 View Post
This Saints thing for a fan like me seems way to simple to have gone on this long. It's like the taking the most menial task you have to do as a husband ( like cleaning autumn leaves out of storm drains, or getting oil changes on you and your wife's car) and just waiting a year too long to do it. And now as a fan, I actually feel like my wife when she walks outside and sees the S%&t not done!!!!! It's time to get this house in order already, I honestly believe if Drew Brees had signed before Mike Vick we would be in a better situation because 4 yrs and 90 million dollars wouldn't sound like a slap in the face. Now it does!!! And BTW all the people with DREW BREES will never leave the Saints glasses on. You realize that brees isn't the one negoiating the deal right...... it's this guy

And he doesn't care about what we've created, or what Drew has done for the city, his job ( and people he is the best at it ) is about how much is it worth to you, and how much is my cut gonna be bigger if we take our talents elsewhere!!!! And Condon has a rep people!!!! He walks in contract meetings like this


Mike Tyson Goes Mike Tyson - YouTube

and leaves teams decimated and looking around to see what happened like this

Marshawn Lynch with the greatest TD run in playoff history? HD - YouTube

So please dont telll me not to be nervous, the nervousness won't stop until I wake up and Drew and Colston are signed and Nicks is franchised!!!!
You are talking about 10s of millions of dollars. There is nothing simple about coming to terms for an amount of money like this. I know when you see a number like 68 million it seems like a million dollars one way or another is meaningless, but a million dollars is a million dollars and not meaningless to anyone. One thing Loomis is paid to do is save the organization money and cut costs whenever he can. If Loomis took the attitude of "Hey it will only take a million dollars to sign this guy" with every player (x53) he will lose the organization 53 million. I know its hard to wrap your heads around money that big, but a million dollars is a LOT of money no matter how much money you have.
Danno and SapperSaint like this.
The Dude is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,633
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
You are talking about 10s of millions of dollars. There is nothing simple about coming to terms for an amount of money like this. I know when you see a number like 68 million it seems like a million dollars one way or another is meaningless, but a million dollars is a million dollars and not meaningless to anyone. One thing Loomis is paid to do is save the organization money and cut costs whenever he can. If Loomis took the attitude of "Hey it will only take a million dollars to sign this guy" with every player (x53) he will lose the organization 53 million. I know its hard to wrap your heads around money that big, but a million dollars is a LOT of money no matter how much money you have.
Yep, its all about resource allocation. A couple extra million thrown Drew's way is likely gonna prevent some key free agent player we really need from being bale to be signed.

Every dollar counts, and the "pay the man" attitude is the surest way to destroy this teamin the long run.
The Dude likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shreveport, LA
Posts: 4,077
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Yep, its all about resource allocation. A couple extra million thrown Drew's way is likely gonna prevent some key free agent player we really need from being bale to be signed.

Every dollar counts, and the "pay the man" attitude is the surest way to destroy this teamin the long run.
I agree, and that is exactly why I'm worried. Because there may be some team out there that will "Pay The Man". And if the offer is big enough, and if we're not willing to match it, you have to think that Drew will consider it, like I said earlier, because he is a business, family, and union man. He will take care of number one first. If we're not willing to match that big offer, I could see him leaving. Now, I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, I'm just not going to be at ease with the whole situation until I see a signature on the line.
Srgt. Hulka is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/41287-please-stop-brees-contract-talk-board.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Please stop the Brees contract talk on this board This thread Refback 02-17-2012 04:13 AM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts