Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Pollard takes issue with Goodell on bounties

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Pollard takes issue with Goodell on bounties The bounty scandal swirling around the New Orleans Saints doesn't directly involve Ravens safety Bernard Pollard, but he isn't shy about expressing his opinion on the matter -- or taking a shot at ...

Like Tree16Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 5,050
Pollard takes issue with Goodell on bounties

Pollard takes issue with Goodell on bounties

The bounty scandal swirling around the New Orleans Saints doesn't directly involve Ravens safety Bernard Pollard, but he isn't shy about expressing his opinion on the matter -- or taking a shot at Commissioner Roger Goodell.

"From what I see we're gonna be running around with helmets and flags on, and I guess in about seven years," Pollard told KILT-AM in Houston this week, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "So like I said, it's getting out of hand. I don't know what (Goodell's) trying to prove, I don't know what the NFL office is trying to prove. Guys are getting hit all the time. We get hit. This is a freaking violent sport. We get hit."

NFL.com news: Pollard takes issue with Goodell on bounties
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saintslogo3.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	4543  
AlaskaSaints and fan3dan like this.

You kids get off my lawn!

Last edited by papz; 04-04-2012 at 06:05 PM..
Crusader is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 04-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,616
At least the players feel the same as us fans do!
Halo, Ashley, QBREES9 and 3 others like this.
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shreveport, LA
Posts: 4,110
Bernard Pollard, My favorite player of the day! (Just for today though)
Halo, voodooido, OldMaid and 2 others like this.
Srgt. Hulka is offline  
Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,670
Good to hear a player point of view.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Which begs the question..... Everyone says the Saints knew better. How did the entire NFL population of players past and present know and participate in bounty programs and Goodell not know?
TheOak is offline  
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,488
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Which begs the question..... Everyone says the Saints knew better. How did the entire NFL population of players past and present know and participate in bounty programs and Goodell not know?
Oh, he knew but wasn't too worried about it with all the other business at hand. Also, remember Godell asked us to stop and if we had complied there would have been no problem. He didn't start throwing sanctions around immediately......or he'd have had to do it to all teams.
It's all the old players who didn't prepare for the future and played with inferior gear and the fear of lawsuits that drives this now. I personally believe leading with the helmet is dangerous to both parties. It's a "relatively" new practice over the last decade or so it seems to me.


World Champion New Orleans Saints - Super Bowl XLIV!
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 04-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Colorado Springs Co
Posts: 2,569
I got an answer now for Goodell and the league. This is a violent sport right. Players should know this now.
Ok before any player steps into training camp have them sign a waver. Y'all know like "must be this tall to ride", like they have in parking lots. " not responsible for any damage or theft". For the nfl, "you are aware of future damage that may or may not come in playing this game."
Hell it's not like anyone said at birth you are to be an offensive tackle when you get older, and you have no choice in the matter. Players are choosing this, and thats why they get PAID. Do you think any of these contractors going overseas to the Mideast do this for a normal salary. once again HELL no,
OldMaid likes this.

I HATE ATLANTA
Ashley is offline  
Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Oh, he knew but wasn't too worried about it with all the other business at hand. Also, remember Godell asked us to stop and if we had complied there would have been no problem. He didn't start throwing sanctions around immediately......or he'd have had to do it to all teams.
It's all the old players who didn't prepare for the future and played with inferior gear and the fear of lawsuits that drives this now. I personally believe leading with the helmet is dangerous to both parties. It's a "relatively" new practice over the last decade or so it seems to me.
Horse Pucky!

See my quote in your reply. Why would you ask 1 team to stop? This is systemic, his approach was amateur at best, if he is the custodian of protecting the NFL, he is a failure at leadership and executive management reaching epic proportions.

There should have been a national Press release in 2009.

"Goodell warns ALL NFL teams that there is a ZERO tolerance policy on Bounty's in the NFL"

Full Stop
Srgt. Hulka and sharke like this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,649
Blog Entries: 12
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
I got an answer now for Goodell and the league. This is a violent sport right. Players should know this now.
Ok before any player steps into training camp have them sign a waver. Y'all know like "must be this tall to ride", like they have in parking lots. " not responsible for any damage or theft". For the nfl, "you are aware of future damage that may or may not come in playing this game."
Hell it's not like anyone said at birth you are to be an offensive tackle when you get older, and you have no choice in the matter. Players are choosing this, and thats why they get PAID. Do you think any of these contractors going overseas to the Mideast do this for a normal salary. once again HELL no,
I get what you're saying, but we've become a litigious society where we'll need a lawyer to take a schiotte!

How many first moves won't be made because a guy will need the girl to sign a statement of understanding? Population will geaux way down...

Common Sense has left the building with Elvis!
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 04-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,846
I agreee Ashley, Srgt., jeanpierre. Others.
OldMaid is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/42923-pollard-takes-issue-goodell-bounties.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Pollard takes issue with Goodell on bounties This thread Refback 04-04-2012 05:13 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts