Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

NFL.com reporter says Jon Vilma bracing for 2-6 game suspension

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; nfl.com Jonathan Vilma is bracing for a suspension between two to eight games, according to sources who have been in contact with the New Orleans Saints linebacker. Vilma, his representatives and the NFL Players Association are unsure of exactly ...

Like Tree3Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 9,636
NFL.com reporter says Jon Vilma bracing for 2-6 game suspension

nfl.com Jonathan Vilma is bracing for a suspension between two to eight games, according to sources who have been in contact with the New Orleans Saints linebacker. Vilma, his representatives and the NFL Players Association are unsure of exactly what discipline will be handed down at this point, but with Vilma the only player named in information released to the public, the player expects the discipline to be at least a few games, sources said.

NFL.com news: Jonathan Vilma expecting heavy 'bounty'-related suspension
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,639
Blog Entries: 3
Well from what I heard, that's what Payton thought he was getting before his suspension came down, so I get the feeling that Vilma is going to be out of football for a long, long time. I think it's going to be no less than a year if not indefinite.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,982
I don't think the NFLPA will let that happen, besides they have to see some evidence first and the NFL won't give it up...
FinSaint likes this.
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,875
Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
I don't think the NFLPA will let that happen, besides they have to see some evidence first and the NFL won't give it up...
It's hard to give something up that you don't have.
Tobias-Reiper likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,902
This sounds positive. I'd be happy with him getting 2 to 6 games if they have some evidence of his guilt, but I'd naturally prefer none of the players to be suspended.
FinSaint is online now  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
Who Dat Writer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 241
Payton thought the same thing, look where that got him.

Not to be a downer - but Vilma put up 10k, made a target. Just as guilty as Williams.
BGWhoDat is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,902
Originally Posted by BGWhoDat View Post
Payton thought the same thing, look where that got him.

Not to be a downer - but Vilma put up 10k, made a target. Just as guilty as Williams.

I don't know about that, since it was GW who instituted this practice in the scale it was, and administered the whole thing.

I just wonder if they actually have evidence about the 10K or if it's all just circumstantial and hear-say.
FinSaint is online now  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
Who Dat Writer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
I don't know about that, since it was GW who instituted this practice in the scale it was, and administered the whole thing.

I just wonder if they actually have evidence about the 10K or if it's all just circumstantial and hear-say.
Well, of course they'd need to prove that he actually did it. I agree there. I'm just thinking in Goodell's eyes, Williams and Vilma go hand to hand if Vilma did that. Can't see anything under a season suspension for him. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But if I'm the Commissioner and if I'm following logic of it - Vilma is promoting the same act by doing this that Williams was promoting. Therefore a year suspension is in tact.

Just my thinking.
BGWhoDat is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,902
Although, Vilma is himself part of the group this type of a practice harms the most - the players themselves. But in case of GW, he was a staff member who should've had more sense than to promote this type of activity.

I just think that Goodell will have a fight on his hands with the NFLPA if he hands out year-long suspensions, because those will serve as precedents, which the players' association surely doesn't want.
FinSaint is online now  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
Who Dat Writer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Although, Vilma is himself part of the group this type of a practice harms the most - the players themselves. But in case of GW, he was a staff member who should've had more sense than to promote this type of activity.

I just think that Goodell will have a fight on his hands with the NFLPA if he hands out year-long suspensions, because those will serve as precedents, which the players' association surely doesn't want.
Anything he hands out will definitely be appealed. I don't know. I try not to predict the outcome of these things because Goodell is unpredictable by all means. I'm just thinking if Vilma gets lets say, 6-8 games. No one else should get more than one game. Easily.
BGWhoDat is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/43224-nfl-com-reporter-says-jon-vilma-bracing-2-6-game-suspension.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
NFL.com reporter says Jon Vilma bracing for 2-6 game suspension This thread Refback 04-16-2012 11:08 AM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts