Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

New Orleans Saints top 25 countdown: Thomas Morstead, No. 18

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; New Orleans Saints top 25 countdown: Thomas Morstead, No. 18 - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com...

Like Tree5Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 9,613
New Orleans Saints top 25 countdown: Thomas Morstead, No. 18

New Orleans Saints top 25 countdown: Thomas Morstead, No. 18 - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,469
Assinine. Its the least important position on any team in any sport.

This guy is a moron.
Danno is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,359
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Assinine. Its the least important position on any team in any sport.

This guy is a moron.
You have to lover our Punter/Kicker. He's a great weapon.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,469
Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
You have to lover our Punter/Kicker. He's a great weapon.
Gimme a stud LB over a stud Punter anyday.

In fact, if you had to pick one position to have a bad player at, IT WOULD BE THE PUNTER.

Name a less important position on a football team.

The best punter in the entire NFL is Andy Lee. How come no one mentioned him going into our match-up last year? Was he the reason we lost? Did he even have an affect on the game at all? He wouldn't even be in the top 20 reasons we lost and he's hands down the best punter in the game today.

The only reason anyone even mentions punters is when their team burns a valuable draft pick on one.

If they are so valuable, hoe come only 1 or 2 get drafted every year? And how come its always in the 5th 6th or 7th round?

If they were such an awesome weapon there would at least be some drafted in the 1st 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I lose all respect for anyone's football knowledge the moment they even hint that a punter is more valuable than any other position on an NFL team.
Danno is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 9,613
Question

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Gimme a stud LB over a stud Punter anyday.

In fact, if you had to pick one position to have a bad player at, IT WOULD BE THE PUNTER.

Name a less important position on a football team.

The best punter in the entire NFL is Andy Lee. How come no one mentioned him going into our match-up last year? Was he the reason we lost? Did he even have an affect on the game at all? He wouldn't even be in the top 20 reasons we lost and he's hands down the best punter in the game today.

The only reason anyone even mentions punters is when their team burns a valuable draft pick on one.

If they are so valuable, hoe come only 1 or 2 get drafted every year? And how come its always in the 5th 6th or 7th round?

If they were such an awesome weapon there would at least be some drafted in the 1st 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I lose all respect for anyone's football knowledge the moment they even hint that a punter is more valuable than any other position on an NFL team.
So you don't think a punter that can regularly kick out of the endzone, forcing a team to go 80 yds for a TD has any value?
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,935
How about the guy who gave us an extra possession in the superbowl, I guess a stud LB could have done that too
SaintsBro and WhoDat!656 like this.
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #7
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,469
Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 View Post
So you don't think a punter that can regularly kick out of the endzone, forcing a team to go 80 yds for a TD has any value?
Thats not what I said.
Danno is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,182
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Gimme a stud LB over a stud Punter anyday.

In fact, if you had to pick one position to have a bad player at, IT WOULD BE THE PUNTER.

Name a less important position on a football team.

The best punter in the entire NFL is Andy Lee. How come no one mentioned him going into our match-up last year? Was he the reason we lost? Did he even have an affect on the game at all? He wouldn't even be in the top 20 reasons we lost and he's hands down the best punter in the game today.

The only reason anyone even mentions punters is when their team burns a valuable draft pick on one.

If they are so valuable, hoe come only 1 or 2 get drafted every year? And how come its always in the 5th 6th or 7th round?

If they were such an awesome weapon there would at least be some drafted in the 1st 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I lose all respect for anyone's football knowledge the moment they even hint that a punter is more valuable than any other position on an NFL team.
We did give up a draft pick for him when we had just four picks(I think).
To Payton that means better field position. To me it's better field position. To Danno it's a wasted pick. I see your point Danno. But I also see Paytons point as well. That's the great thing about the BNG. We don't have to agree on everything.
Who Dat Baby!
FinSaint likes this.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,906
In a defensive battle, a game of 3 and outs, I'd rather have the punter that's going to net 10 more yards than his opponent. Sometimes it's the difference in the two punters that moves the ball. In a high octane offense like the Saints have, it's probably not as noticeable, but I'd still rather have that in my favor than not.
Utah_Saint is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,469
Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
In a defensive battle, a game of 3 and outs, I'd rather have the punter that's going to net 10 more yards than his opponent. Sometimes it's the difference in the two punters that moves the ball. In a high octane offense like the Saints have, it's probably not as noticeable, but I'd still rather have that in my favor than not.
I'd rather have a stud LB and a mediocre punter than the other way around. Same goes for every other position on both sides of the ball.

Fullback and Long-snapper are debatable though. But there's a reason they aren't drafted very often or very high either.
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/45451-new-orleans-saints-top-25-countdown-thomas-morstead-no-18-a.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
New Orleans Saints top 25 countdown: Thomas Morstead, No. 18 This thread Refback 07-08-2012 01:39 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts