Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal
View Poll Results: Who will be our leading rusher and how many yards combined do we get?
Ivory 15 40.54%
Ingram 8 21.62%
PT23 10 27.03%
Sproles (if healthy) 1 2.70%
50-100 yards 9 24.32%
100 - 130 yards 14 37.84%
150+ yards 3 8.11%
Just enough for brees to do his thing! 6 16.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Running game vs 49ers

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Im not sure the tone will be set on the 1st play. Our offense can score 0 points in a quarter or half, and then 28 pts in a quarter. We just have to wait until they get into rhythm, ...

Like Tree20Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,784
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Running game vs 49ers

Im not sure the tone will be set on the 1st play. Our offense can score 0 points in a quarter or half, and then 28 pts in a quarter.
We just have to wait until they get into rhythm, and then see were we stand.
pherein is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 1,043
Re: Running game vs 49ers

let ivory run at aldon smith til he is no longer a pass rush threat,,,beat him down
AlaskaSaints and Michigan_SF like this.
mikesaintfan is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #23
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 145
Re: Running game vs 49ers

The 49ers are very tough to run on. However as some suggested I think you are better off to stay committed to it than you are to give up on it.
pherein likes this.
SanDiego49er is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #24
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 145
Re: Running game vs 49ers

Originally Posted by mikesaintfan View Post
let ivory run at aldon smith til he is no longer a pass rush threat,,,beat him down
Aldon is a good run stopper too. And he doesn't get very tired. I can assure you of that.
SanDiego49er is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #25
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,784
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Running game vs 49ers

Originally Posted by SanDiego49er View Post
Aldon is a good run stopper too. And he doesn't get very tired. I can assure you of that.
Everyone gets tired. aldon smith is being misjudged as a elite DL, he hasn't earned that yet. He has the most sacks, on very bad OL's, not good ones.
But our DL actually has more sacks than SF, on better teams, and SF pass defense on OL is ranked #31?
Saints have had a top #5 since 2006, not a top #5 DL just this year. Giants have a better DL than SF, and they only get maybe 1 sack on us.

Last edited by pherein; 11-23-2012 at 08:09 PM..
pherein is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #26
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 145
Re: Running game vs 49ers

Originally Posted by pherein View Post
Everyone gets tired. aldon smith is being misjudged as a elite DL, he hasn't earned that yet. He has the most sacks, on very bad OL's, not good ones.
But our DL actually has more sacks than SF, on better teams, and SF pass defense on OL is ranked #31?
Saints have had a top #5 since 2006, not a top #5 DL just this year.
1) He's an OLB pass rusher in a 3 - 4 system. Not a D Linemen.

2) LOL at him not being elite. He has 15 sacks with 6 games to go. He leads the NFL. He may approach the record. That's pretty damn good. It's highly likely he will break the record for the most sacks in the first 2 years in the NFL. I believe he is 2 away from that now. Very likely he reaches it. All time in first 2 years.

3) He gets plenty of sacks against excellent teams and excellent lines. He's not blockable against anybody. He's just a tremendous player and pass rusher against any team. He's a great athlete, powerful, explosive, and has excellent technique too.
SanDiego49er is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #27
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,784
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Running game vs 49ers

Originally Posted by SanDiego49er View Post
1) He's an OLB pass rusher in a 3 - 4 system. Not a D Linemen.

2) LOL at him not being elite. He has 15 sacks with 6 games to go. He leads the NFL. He may approach the record. That's pretty damn good. It's highly likely he will break the record for the most sacks in the first 2 years in the NFL. I believe he is 2 away from that now. Very likely he reaches it. All time in first 2 years.

3) He gets plenty of sacks against excellent teams and excellent lines. He's not blockable against anybody. He's just a tremendous player and pass rusher against any team. He's a great athlete, powerful, explosive, and has excellent technique too.
I know his record and position, still stand by what I said. Im just not impressed by him yet sorry.
pherein is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #28
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 145
Re: Running game vs 49ers

Originally Posted by pherein View Post
I know his record and position, still stand by what I said. Im just not impressed by him yet sorry.
You don't know his position because you listed him as "DL." He is not. He is an OLB in a 3 - 4.

Pretty laughable to say you aren't impressed by the guy who is setting NFL records in his first 2 years.
SanDiego49er is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #29
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,784
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Running game vs 49ers

Originally Posted by SanDiego49er View Post
You don't know his position because you listed him as "DL." He is not. He is an OLB in a 3 - 4.

Pretty laughable to say you aren't impressed by the guy who is setting NFL records in his first 2 years.
yep I was talking about your DL. Maybe you didn't hear me the 1st time. Not really surprised. Im not impressed. Go buy his jersey and build a shrine. Would be a typical SF fan move to anoint a player as the best ever, like Davis when he isn't. Pretty typical of your fan base.
Rugby Saint II likes this.

Last edited by pherein; 11-23-2012 at 10:04 PM..
pherein is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 1,043
Re: Running game vs 49ers

Originally Posted by SanDiego49er View Post
Aldon is a good run stopper too. And he doesn't get very tired. I can assure you of that.
how do you assure me of that? do you spend alot of time with him while he is engaged in physical activity?(thats kinda wierd but to each his own..dont ask dont tell...right?)...and I'm not talking about tired..im talking about Ivory K.O.ing him
mikesaintfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/53092-running-game-vs-49ers.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Musings From Other NFL Message Boards - Page 48 - 49erswebzone.com Forum This thread Refback 11-23-2012 10:40 PM 54
49erswebzone.com Forum - Mobile This thread Refback 11-23-2012 08:40 PM 7
Musings From Other NFL Message Boards - Page 47 - 49erswebzone.com Forum This thread Refback 11-23-2012 08:35 PM 49
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 11-21-2012 09:43 AM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts