Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Garrett Hartley

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; My rule with kickers is: Hit the Last One. If you hit the last one, we're good. Thats the one that matters....

Like Tree121Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #201
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Garrett Hartley

My rule with kickers is:

Hit the Last One.
If you hit the last one, we're good. Thats the one that matters.
jnormand and SloMotion like this.
skymike is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #202
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,312
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Garrett Hartley

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
My rule with kickers is:

Hit the Last One.
If you hit the last one, we're good. Thats the one that matters.
You're on the right track; but they all matter...

Though, I prefer..."You'd better hit the last one!"
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #203
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,756
Re: Garrett Hartley

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
My rule with kickers is:

Hit the Last One.
If you hit the last one, we're good. Thats the one that matters.
I dont know... You were still giving love when he had missed the last two..
ClintSaints likes this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #204
500th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 529
Re: Garrett Hartley

Does anyone else feel somewhat nervous that Hartley barrrrrrrrely connected with a 31-yard field goal to win the game. When he first hit it, I thought maybe he shanked it (again).

But, hey, he made it, the 49ers lost, and all is good. For now. LOL.
ClintSaints is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #205
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Garrett Hartley

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
I dont know... You were still giving love when he had missed the last two..
If the last play of regulation is a kick, then
we're either in position to tie, or win. Hit that one, and we're good.
skymike is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #206
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,557
Re: Garrett Hartley

Dose anyone remember that of the 2 losses we've had versus the Falcons in the Payton era, one was because shankalicious sHartley missed a chip shot FG and we lost in OT?
TheOak likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #207
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,638
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Garrett Hartley

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Dose anyone remember that of the 2 losses we've had versus the Falcons in the Payton era, one was because shankalicious sHartley missed a chip shot FG and we lost in OT?
Not really, my memory is a little fuzzy on that. But I do remember one where Chris Ivory fumbled on the Falcons 20, and the Falcons drove the other way and scored, where Ivory's fumble took either 3 or 7 off the board for the Saints and put 7 on for the Falcons, to tie up a game that should never have been tied or in overtime in the first place.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #208
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,557
Re: Garrett Hartley

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
Not really, my memory is a little fuzzy on that. But I do remember one where Chris Ivory fumbled on the Falcons 20, and the Falcons drove the other way and scored, where Ivory's fumble took either 3 or 7 off the board for the Saints and put 7 on for the Falcons, to tie up a game that should never have been tied or in overtime in the first place.
4th quarter, Hartley misses a 29 yarder.
Next possession Atlanta dives for a game tying FG from 46 yards.
We then lost in OT

It cost us the division and HFA and we got beat at Seattle.
Danno is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #209
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,638
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Garrett Hartley

Not going to re-argue it with you, but there was WAY MORE wrong with that Falcons game than just putting it all on Hartley. Pierre broke his ankle. Yeah Hartley missed....lots of other stuff went wrong....get over it already.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #210
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,557
Re: Garrett Hartley

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
Not going to re-argue it with you, but there was WAY MORE wrong with that Falcons game than just putting it all on Hartley. Pierre broke his ankle. Yeah Hartley missed....lots of other stuff went wrong....get over it already.
I wasn't trying to discredit your opinion of what happened, only recapping Hartley's role in it.

Get over yourself already.
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/60357-garrett-hartley.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Garrett Hartley This thread Refback 09-16-2013 06:03 AM 12


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts