Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by AsylumGuido Sure, the members have every right to state what ever they wish, within preset guidelines , but with that comes the right of others to tell them that they don't know shyte. Who sets those guidelines?!? ...

Like Tree73Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2015, 02:21 PM   #61
Threaded by jeanpierre
Site Donor 2015
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,520

Blog Entries: 23
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Sure, the members have every right to state what ever they wish, within preset guidelines, but with that comes the right of others to tell them that they don't know shyte.
Who sets those guidelines?!? < That's rhetorical

https://www.google.com/#q=rhetorical
Views: 6092
Old 06-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #62
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 4,304
Re: Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
One thing I have learned from my years digging into all the information that I can is that it impossible to ever know the motivations of management and such. Sure, the members have every right to state what ever they wish, within preset guidelines, but with that comes the right of others to tell them that they don't know shyte.

Yes, I see your point and I do agree with a lot of what you're saying.

Humans as social animals need to voice their opinions and get feedback to those opinions from their peers - mostly probably to gauge their own perceived self-worth. That's probably why so many of the reporters, bloggers, etc. are so keen on trying to "brake the news" with often times flimsy or even fabricated evidence to back them up. Also, going "against the grain" is another popular strategy whereby one makes opposite claims to the majority view just so that they can say that they were one of the few who saw the truth if the chips happen to fall that way.

Now, I'm not saying that people making ridiculous claims without any real evidence to back them up shouldn't be called out on it. I'm just saying that there's a fine line between doing that and suppressing others' opinions. The right to question the establishment with power is a cornerstone of a democratic society, and to silence anyone trying to do that by saying the said establishment knows better, and therefore is above reproach, is to me socially unacceptable. To me it doesn't really make a difference whether the venue happens to be social media, a public debate on TV or a townhall meeting.

Ok. Rant over. Time to take my soapbox and turn in for the night.


How about that Cameron Jordan fellow..?

I hear he's pretty good...

"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #63
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,171
Re: Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Yes, I see your point and I do agree with a lot of what you're saying.

Humans as social animals need to voice their opinions and get feedback to those opinions from their peers - mostly probably to gauge their own perceived self-worth. That's probably why so many of the reporters, bloggers, etc. are so keen on trying to "brake the news" with often times flimsy or even fabricated evidence to back them up. Also, going "against the grain" is another popular strategy whereby one makes opposite claims to the majority view just so that they can say that they were one of the few who saw the truth if the chips happen to fall that way.

Now, I'm not saying that people making ridiculous claims without any real evidence to back them up shouldn't be called out on it. I'm just saying that there's a fine line between doing that and suppressing others' opinions. The right to question the establishment with power is a cornerstone of a democratic society, and to silence anyone trying to do that by saying the said establishment knows better, and therefore is above reproach, is to me socially unacceptable. To me it doesn't really make a difference whether the venue happens to be social media, a public debate on TV or a townhall meeting.

Ok. Rant over. Time to take my soapbox and turn in for the night.


How about that Cameron Jordan fellow..?

I hear he's pretty good...
I could not have said that any better Finster.

Well, I could have but why bother, you nailed it!

Excellent post.
Danno is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #64
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,446
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million

I'm not a huge fan of this deal. His production dropped off drastically, and while it was one year it still lends plenty of doubt for that much money.

He could play himself worthy of it, but this wasn't something that had to be done now. Wait til the end of this upcoming season and see how or if he bounces back. I'm sure people will say "yeah but if he has a great season he'll ask for more money next year". I'll take my chances. It seems like we paid him based on his best season, and the hopes that he can duplicate it again. I don't think he's capable of actually exceeding what he did in '13.

But it's done now, so I hope he at least plays with more consistency.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #65
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 440
Re: Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
We all knew this was coming. Loomis always extends contracts for mediocre players.
IDK I think he is a way above average DE that actually plays both ways. Its hard to really dominate when the whole O-line is focused on you because there are no threats from the LBs. I think our LB core got a lot better and it will help his game.
darksoul35 is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #66
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,171
Re: Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million

He had a down year for sure, but he had plenty of help.

He had an injured Bunkley and injured Jenkins inside that made his job more difficult.

Our best LB was a SF reject in Haralson. Solid player but he isn't worrying anyone. He had Lofton at MIKE, kinda slow, and the worst secondary in the NFL behind him.

But even with all that he should have played better than he did. I expect a bounce back season from him, and everyone else on defense that was associated with our humiliating 2014 season.
Danno is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 10:08 AM   #67
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,560
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
He had a down year for sure, but he had plenty of help.

He had an injured Bunkley and injured Jenkins inside that made his job more difficult.

Our best LB was a SF reject in Haralson. Solid player but he isn't worrying anyone. He had Lofton at MIKE, kinda slow, and the worst secondary in the NFL behind him.

But even with all that he should have played better than he did. I expect a bounce back season from him, and everyone else on defense that was associated with our humiliating 2014 season.


May I cut and paste your quote into the Vaccaro thread?
hagan714 and jeanpierre like this.
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 10:38 AM   #68
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,171
Re: Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
May I cut and paste your quote into the Vaccaro thread?
I may have already typed the same thing in that thread, and a few others.

Its like a generic "insert player name" observation.
saintsfan1976 likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #69
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,520
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
May I cut and paste your quote into the Vaccaro thread?
Fine example of 'Savoir-Faire' !
hagan714 likes this.
jeanpierre is online now  
Old 06-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #70
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,560
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Fine example of 'Savoir-Faire' !
Or...... C'est la Vie!
hagan714 likes this.
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/72654-cam-jordan-sign-extension-5-year-60-million.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Cam Jordan Sign Extension - 5 year 60 million This thread Refback 06-02-2015 11:45 AM 5
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-02-2015 11:34 AM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts